Britney Sykes
August 6th
Glory Johnson
Marissa Coleman
Tianna Hawkins
Elena Delle Donne
Emma Meesseman

PostPosted: 07/30/17 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Beg my pardon for this fail with Tuck. Its first time in my career, when smbd got stats for my team from il of another team.Morgan stats for 19.07 should be annulated.
Probably, i didn*t understand properly Admiral's fraze "what the Tuck" and decided, that Morgan was released after that)))
It was bad move anyway))

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 07/31/17 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tuesday 8/1

c-Stokes NY

Thursday 8/3

g-Hayes Atl

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 08/01/17 2:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will take up the offer to take over. Idea

I believe this will preserve the fun of the game. There has been an unnecessary spike in irritability here, perhaps due to burnout, that didn't exist in the beginning.

Let's set it up. Exclamation

adamj95

PostPosted: 08/01/17 5:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

August 1st-
G- S. Rodgers NY

Lumes

PostPosted: 08/01/17 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

g MoJeff (SAS)

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/01/17 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok we'll have a vote.
Do you all want the Admiral to take over and change the rules to suit himself?
If so, I will happily step aside.
While we're at it, if there is anybody else who would like to do it, speak up.

I guess the other option would be for the Admiral to create his own game with his own rules?

Anyway, we're a democracy so let us know what you would like.

- Amanda Gorman
newkid

PostPosted: 08/01/17 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Count me as a no on the admiral taking over.

I am willing to take over scorekeeping, but I am not willing to be the police. That is to say, I don't have time to continually check that people are following the rules. We rely upon each other to notice and point things out. We rely upon each other to respond with humility, grace and a spirit of fair play when something is questioned. That's how it has operated in the past, and that is how I prefer it.

Count me also as being in favor of scorekeeper discretion on late line-ups or line-up oopses. If others feel differently, that's understandable, and let's vote on that, too.

I agree that Lumes should not get credit for Tuck's stats after she was erroneously "swiped" from the admiral. (No worries, Lumes, many of us had made that mistake at one time or another!)

Count me as being in favor of adhering to the position designations on the
WNBA website, unless the owner alerts the group to a specific proposed change and makes an argument in favor of it, as stated in the rules on the first post. That is to say, I'd want to see admiral's specific argument in favor of McBride, in advance of playing her as a F. Personally, I have no appetite to dig back through the stats and disallow any Wheerler, McBride or other stats from the past, but would be in favor of applying the provision for advance notice and discussion/agreement going forward.

Lumes

PostPosted: 08/01/17 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If opinion is nedeed... Than here what I know. If the player got 3 starts at new position, he got + new position to his old position. This is how it works on yahoo. But in W its really difficult to get updates in profiles in the middle of the season.
Personally me would count T.Mitchell as F if she get one more start at F spot. But not Erica, the smallest player of the team, that never have starts, as F.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/01/17 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trading C. Paris for Achonwa, Ind.

Tuesday's ragged lineup:
C: Alexander, SAS
G: Plum, SAS
F: A. Montgomery, SAS
G: Prince, NY
U: Zellous, NY

- Amanda Gorman
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 08/01/17 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

newkid wrote:
Count me as being in favor of adhering to the position designations on the
WNBA website, unless the owner alerts the group to a specific proposed change and makes an argument in favor of it, as stated in the rules on the first post.

I'm fine with that too, however, no one has ever alerted the group to changes in the past. For example, Karima Christmas-Kelly is listed as a F, but she was played as a G. Meesseman is listed as a F, but was played as a C. No notifications were given. No votes were held. Nobody has been following 'the rules as stated in the first post'.

Therefore it's completely disingenuous for anyone to imply that I didn't follow the rules and claim that we're having 'fair play' issues when nobody else follows the rules either. And it was completely inappropriate to display such lack of 'humility and grace' when the objection was posted. I found it offensive.

The precedent for behavior was set. For example, when I saw everybody taking longer than 2 minutes in the draft and getting away with it, I decided that I wasn't going to rush my draft decision to get it in under the 2 minute deadline. Doing so meant not following 'the stated rules in the first post', but the precedent was set. Similarly, if others are submitting lineups late or not at all and getting points anyways, I expect to get the same benefit and not be subject to 'scorekeeper discretion'. Enforcement should be consistent. So far, it has been consistently loose, and I have enjoyed it that way. If people now want to play strict rules of FBA, I know how to play that way too. I'll be making a lot of objections and holding a lot of votes. Either way is fine.

Moreover, the rules state that you can hold a vote, but it doesn't say how that vote is to be conducted. In my case, someone posted an objection to Wheeler and McBride. I provided a counter-argument. Myrtle said we can vote on it. Nobody else voiced an objection. Did I just win the vote? Certainly appears so. 5 objections would make a majority in a democratic vote according to rule #8. One isn't enough. However, a day later, I find on my own that no points were given for McBride that day. Is this good procedure? Question

newkid wrote:
That is to say, I'd want to see admiral's specific argument in favor of McBride, in advance of playing her as a F. Personally, I have no appetite to dig back through the stats and disallow any Wheerler, McBride or other stats from the past, but would be in favor of applying the provision for advance notice and discussion/agreement going forward.

The specific argument for McBride as a F: Arrow

If that isn't more than enough to justify for McBride as a F, then tell me what is. Idea

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 08/01/17 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh lordt. Idk what's going on here, but I'll vote for keeping it as it is. Indiana has started a 3 guard lineup in games since S. Johnson went out. Is T. Mitchell a forward? I say no, but if majority feels otherwise I'm ok with her being a G/F. Wheeler? That's just pushing it. I. Just here to have fun lol

PostPosted: 08/01/17 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Oh lordt. Idk what's going on here, but I'll vote for keeping it as it is. Indiana has started a 3 guard lineup in games since S. Johnson went out. Is T. Mitchell a forward? I say no, but if majority feels otherwise I'm ok with her being a G/F. Wheeler? That's just pushing it. I. Just here to have fun lol

OK, How about McBride? Question

Coincidentally, McBride played today, rotated to SF (again), and played the bulk of her minutes there.

And here are some of the comments that were made in the 8/1/17 game thread. Apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't believe 'McBride as a F is BS' and therefore 'not in accordance to the rules' :
Idea Arrow

Randy wrote:
McBride, MoJeff and Plum all in at the same time......another RebKellmendation.

stever wrote:
Randy wrote:
McBride, MoJeff and Plum all in at the same time......

Run MJP! Wink

Shades wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Perhaps VJ finally figured out a lineup...But we will see if she actually keeps using it.

The recommended three guard lineup?

With McBride as the SF?

As she has played before....

zune69 wrote:
McBride can play SF against teams with undersized small forwards(Dal.Sea,Ny)

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 08/01/17 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd like to sign A. Clark and release Hamby

Forgot my lineup for today. Ahhhhh. Could've used those six rebounds from Hamby!
F
LynxMania are you still interested in trading Boyette?

PostPosted: 08/01/17 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:

OK, How about McBride? Question

Coincidentally, McBride played today, rotated to SF (again), and played the bulk of her minutes there.

And here are some of the comments that were made in the 8/1/17 game thread. Apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't believe 'McBride as a F is BS' and therefore 'not in accordance to the rules' :
Idea Arrow

Randy wrote:
McBride, MoJeff and Plum all in at the same time......another RebKellmendation.

stever wrote:
Randy wrote:
McBride, MoJeff and Plum all in at the same time......

Run MJP! Wink

Shades wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Perhaps VJ finally figured out a lineup...But we will see if she actually keeps using it.

The recommended three guard lineup?

With McBride as the SF?

As she has played before....

zune69 wrote:
McBride can play SF against teams with undersized small forwards(Dal.Sea,Ny)

I've always thought McBride was a G/F, even at ND. Is sf her best position? No. She's a shooting guard who likes to shoot lol. Never thought of T. Mitchell as such, until I saw her listed as a forward on here.

PostPosted: 08/01/17 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thurs, Aug 3
F- Augustus

Fri, Aug 4
G- Toliver - WAS
G- Loyd - SEA
F- A. Clark- SEA
F- Stricklen - CONN
C- George - PHX
U- Vandersloot - CHI

Sat, Aug 5
G- Vandersloot - CHI
G- Loyd - SEA
F- A. Clark - SEA

Sun, Aug 6
G- Toliver - WAS
F- Augustus - MINN
C- George - PHX

PostPosted: 08/01/17 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
I've always thought McBride was a G/F, even at ND.

Same here. I remember watching McBride with Jewell Loyd at ND. Good times.

OK, so far, 2/10 are fine with it. 7 haven't voted. Tbinta, J-spoon, Lynxmania, Newkid, Mystics Fan, adamj, and Lumes. If you all could get your votes in by tonight so we can move on, that would be great. Thanks,

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/01/17 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:

I've always thought McBride was a G/F, even at ND. Is sf her best position? No. She's a shooting guard who likes to shoot lol. Never thought of T. Mitchell as such, until I saw her listed as a forward on here.

T. Mitchell hasn't been called a forward by anybody except Admiral, who apparently thinks every wing should be a forward.

So darling loveable friendly easy-going Admiral, would you like to make a motion to change the rules?
One option would be to do away totally with all position requirements or to let everyone call their players by whatever positions they want (that way you could call Wheeler a C if you wanted);
One option would be to call every guard who is not 100% of the time playing PG an F;
One option would be to call every guard who is 5'10" or taller a GF;
One option would be to call every guard who ever plays the three a GF, even if they only play it once in awhile. (that does not include Wheeler of course but would include McBride, who seems to be the one you are obsessing over)

There are lots of options and perhaps you can come up with a different one altogether. All you need is a simple majority to agree with it and we can change the rules. Or you could just go on complaining in every thread about how unfairly you are being treated...

- Amanda Gorman
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/01/17 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think a fair compromise would be to use the W site as a base, but then allow participants to make their case for multi positional players as the season progresses if their is evidence of a player being more (or possibly) less than they are listed at.

At the beginning of the season Christmas was listed as GF, she is now listed solely as a F. Since she is almost always on the floor with Diggins and Gray I could see why the W site changed it. But if she is on the floor with Davis or now Powers their is some wiggle room for who is the guard.

Another example would be Charles, Charles used to be a C, but this year IMO only qualifies as a F so she should not have a double positional listing.

In terms of McBride I would have to concede that she plays F some of the time, enough of the time that Admiral using her as a F doesn't bother me.

I would like to give a shout out to Myrtle for all the hard work, and while I don't think it was the intent it seems like it got a little testy and Myrtle was only trying to enforce the rules that we agreed on.

I also can see why with forgotten line up, or late posting it just seems in the spirit of good sportsmanship to allow it if the poster isn't specifically trying to play the system.

TBH we only really ran into this problem because we had those three days with all teams playing forcing us to decide who to use, and because of the positional limitation some fantasy players found themselves in the uncomfortable situation of having to not use their best six, or trying to squeeze their best six in when by the letter of the rules it didn't technically work. Outside of that week even if people accidentally fudged their line ups there was probably a realistic alternative that would end in the same result so it wasn't as noticeable, or a big deal.

So for the rest of the season and looking into next year I would suggest we still use the W site as the standard but with the addition of an eye test that can be put into discussion, and if the poster makes a good case than an updating of the positional listing for the player in question.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 08/02/17 12:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I think a fair compromise would be to use the W site as a base, but then allow participants to make their case for multi positional players as the season progresses if their is evidence of a player being more (or possibly) less than they are listed at.

At the beginning of the season Christmas was listed as GF, she is now listed solely as a F. Since she is almost always on the floor with Diggins and Gray I could see why the W site changed it. But if she is on the floor with Davis or now Powers their is some wiggle room for who is the guard.

Another example would be Charles, Charles used to be a C, but this year IMO only qualifies as a F so she should not have a double positional listing.

In terms of McBride I would have to concede that she plays F some of the time, enough of the time that Admiral using her as a F doesn't bother me.

I would like to give a shout out to Myrtle for all the hard work, and while I don't think it was the intent it seems like it got a little testy and Myrtle was only trying to enforce the rules that we agreed on.

I also can see why with forgotten line up, or late posting it just seems in the spirit of good sportsmanship to allow it if the poster isn't specifically trying to play the system.

TBH we only really ran into this problem because we had those three days with all teams playing forcing us to decide who to use, and because of the positional limitation some fantasy players found themselves in the uncomfortable situation of having to not use their best six, or trying to squeeze their best six in when by the letter of the rules it didn't technically work. Outside of that week even if people accidentally fudged their line ups there was probably a realistic alternative that would end in the same result so it wasn't as noticeable, or a big deal.

So for the rest of the season and looking into next year I would suggest we still use the W site as the standard but with the addition of an eye test that can be put into discussion, and if the poster makes a good case than an updating of the positional listing for the player in question.

Thank you. I feel the same way.

To be clear, I never had a problem with Christmas-Kelly being played as a G. Without going into detail, I believe she has a legitimate enough claim to the position and if J-Spoon wants to play her there, it doesn't bother me. Same with Meesseman.

However, if McBride can't qualify as a F... then now I do have a problem with Christmas-Kelly as a G. McBride's claim is a lot stronger than CK's, so I'd file an objection and make everyone vote on it according to the rules. And that vote may take as long as mine has, about 5 days.

Similarly, if hangtyme24 gets credit for today's lineup even though it wasn't posted, I don't have a problem with it. However, if we're now playing by strict rules, then now I do have a problem with it. A day's worth of games affects the score a lot more than just one stat line from a player.

And I feel the same way as you do about Charles. Zellous would also be in the same boat.

OK, so far, 3/10 are fine with it. 6 haven't voted.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 08/02/17 2:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Thank you. I feel the same way.

To be clear, I never had a problem with Christmas-Kelly being played as a G. Without going into detail, I believe she has a legitimate enough claim to the position and if J-Spoon wants to play her there, it doesn't bother me. Same with Meesseman.

However, if McBride can't qualify as a F... then now I do have a problem with Christmas-Kelly as a G. McBride's claim is a lot stronger than CK's, so I'd file an objection and make everyone vote on it according to the rules. And that vote may take as long as mine has, about 5 days.

Similarly, if hangtyme24 gets credit for today's lineup even though it wasn't posted, I don't have a problem with it. However, if we're now playing by strict rules, then now I do have a problem with it. A day's worth of games affects the score a lot more than just one stat line from a player.

And I feel the same way as you do about Charles. Zellous would also be in the same boat.

OK, so far, 3/10 are fine with it. 6 haven't voted.

But I didn't post anything for today. Lol. If Myrtle wants to be nice and give me credit for Hamby's stats for the one day I had her, that's cool, but I already considered it a loss lol.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 24 of 30

Jump to: