RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigur3

PostPosted: 07/28/17 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Loyd and a pick for Coates, Boyette, Dolson, Vandersloot, Copper, Quigley, Amber Stocks, 4 picks, Wintrust Arena, 2 more picks, and Sky Guy

imo

Randy

PostPosted: 07/28/17 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stocks seems to be proving herself to be a better coach than people thought. Stocks for Boucek?

RP

PostPosted: 07/28/17 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Player A:
.533 TS%
19.1 AST%
17.2 TOV%

Player B:
.531 TS%
18.4 AST%
10.3 TOV%

zune69

PostPosted: 07/28/17 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
When making trade proposals do you ever think how trades will actually improve a team? So many trade proposals are based on team A needs something so let's trade half the team to team B to meet that need. The other trade proposals seen a lot is home girl is from town A so let's make a trade that is detrimental to the other team just to bring home girl back to her place of birth. Confused

Did you even look at my trade proposal,or just skim through it ?....my trade is a 2 for 3 trade.Seattle gets three players while chicago gets two.Chicago needs a player who can create her own shot(Loyd).Chicago already has a backup pg(Faulkner) which makes Sloot expendable.Seattle needs a center(Dolson or Boyette or Coates),and would need a replacement for Loyd(Quigley) and Bird after she retires(Sloot)

Seattle gets:

1-Sloot
2-Quigley
3-Dolson,Boyette or Coates

Chicago gets:
1-Loyd
2-2018 draft pick(Wilson,Deshields,Williams,Mitchell,Canada,Billings,Nared) Potential early entries:Collier,Brown and Stevens.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/28/17 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Loyd and a pick for Coates, Boyette, Dolson, Vandersloot, Copper, Quigley, Amber Stocks, 4 picks, Wintrust Arena, 2 more picks, and Sky Guy

imo

Shades

PostPosted: 07/28/17 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You know how long it took for Quigley & The Pharmacy to get to the point they're at? And now Chicago is supposed to give them up in their prime on a whim?

Also we don't know when Bird wants to retire. If SEA adds Sloot, they might as well trade Bird to NYL for their first.

Of course, none of this is going to happen.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 07/28/17 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Chicago will be just fine with their own pick next year (maybe finally a SF?)...and a better coach. This team actually has a pretty nice well-rounded feel to it. But their implementation has been less than stellar.

Sloot and Faulkner are close to the best 1-2 PG punch in the league.
Cappie is over the hill but can provide some things if she were inserted/yanked according to what was needed instead of being given the velvet glove treatment.
Quigles has proven to be an awesome asset.
Young is almost adequate in some games.
Copper and Hampton can be nice backups. I think Copper still has a lot of upside.
Dolson, Breland, Imani make a competent, if not spectacular, post rotation.
Cheyenne Parker has been a disappointment, but maybe she will improve. Epps will be expendable when Faulkner returns.

Again, to me it looks a lot like the problem is coaching. You have three all-stars and yet a truly mediocre record. You can beat the best and lose to the worst. It doesn't make sense.

Anyway, the problem with acquiring Loyd is that she is under-performing a lot this year. It's hard to see blowing up your team and giving away all three all-stars for that and a wildcard draft pick who may or may not actually fill an need/be a starter. You might look to move one of your allstars along with a journey(wo)man [Young, Pondexter, Copper, Breland] for somebody you think will make a difference...but no, not all three.

- Amanda Gorman
zune69

PostPosted: 07/28/17 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago doesn't have a player who can create their own shot and get to the FT line.It is chicago's two biggest weaknesses.The sky are dead last in FT's att per game.Watching Young trying to create offense late in the 4th qt against the sparks was just painful.

Loyd-97 ft att in 21 gm

Quigley-33 ft att in 19 gms

However,DD or Mitchell could fill that void,but only if chicago misses playoffs.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/28/17 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Chicago doesn't have a player who can create their own shot and get to the FT line.It is chicago's two biggest weaknesses.The sky are dead last in FT's att per game.Watching Young trying to create offense late in the 4th qt against the sparks was just painful.

Loyd-97 ft att in 21 gm

However,DD or Mitchell could fill that void,but only if chicago misses playoffs.

Cappie & Copper & Quigley cant create there own shot Question

PostPosted: 07/28/17 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Loyd-97 ft att in 21 gm

Cappie & Copper & Quigley cant create there own shot Question

Cappie is past her prime and does more harm than good when she's on the court.Copper is a bench player.Quigley,33 ft att in 19 games.....chicago needs a legit 16+ pt scorer who can get their own shot, and get to the ft line

canadaball

PostPosted: 07/28/17 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a remarkable article. On the eve of a must win game, the GM throws Jenny Boo under the bus, refusing to even declare her safe for last few games of this season. Unidentified players chiming in with (valid) complaints also unusual, given the timing. Look, the Storm has a 12 woman roster. It is not difficult to narrow the "several" players quoted. It is surely not this year's 2, rarely used, draft picks, nor rookie Sami (just too new to team, and probably thrilled to be on roster), nor Tak (language barrier too great). Quinn is another who should be thankful Jenny Boo has kept her in league for a couple of years longer than she deserves (with a high salary to boot). KML, though injured for much of this year, might think she deserves more playing time (I disagree). Bird and Clark just seem too much team players to openly voice unhappiness. Swords is a possibility, but she is object of article, and new to team. To me, that leaves Lang, Loyd and Stewart. I believe Stewart is almost certainly one complainer. Her position on club is unassailable, and she is not used to losing. Given the incompetence of Seattle personnel moves, look at the burden put on her....plus it must be annoying , as one of the greatest players in the world, to explain to family, friends etc. why the injury free Storm is so bad (with another future Hall of Famer still playing well also on roster).

zune69

PostPosted: 07/28/17 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agler makes comment on Boucek situation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/brian_agler/status/890987301383417862[/u]

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 07/28/17 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When an article like that appears, you know it is only a matter of time.
sigur3

PostPosted: 07/29/17 12:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Erica L. Ayala‏ @elindsay08
Storm PR cut off a question about the dissatisfaction of players/team with head coach Jenny Boucek. #WNBA

Quote:
Erica L. Ayala‏ @elindsay08
Replying to @elindsay08
She did offer that the players performance showed "where they’re at tonight" and "responded to the tabloids." #WNBA

The tabloids Laughing

Randy

PostPosted: 07/29/17 7:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was the Storm GM talking to the "tabloids" about her coach. Laughing

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/29/17 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago does not need to make any wacky trades with Seattle to improve their team. The two game killer ingredients that prevent the Sky from winning games is committing too many personal fouls and too many turnovers. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 07/29/17 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago is averaging 14.8 ft per gm despite having the 2nd highest "pace" in the wnba this season at 79.2.That would be the 2nd lowest FT average in the last 16 years.Just take last night's game for example.The mercury took 33 ft's without Griner while chicago took only 8........J.Loyd by her lonesome took 14 free throws against dallas.

Chicago went from 12.1 turnovers in 2016 to 16.2 this season.The increase is a by-product of not having a star player who can create thier own shot,and get to the FT line.Too many players playing out of their element.

I highly doubt that seattle would trade Loyd in only her 2nd season.And as i've previously stated,I would only make this trade if Loyd continued to play sub par basketball.However,I can see Loyd pulling a "Kyrie".Something tells me she's not happy playing 2nd fiddle to Stewart.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/29/17 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Chicago is averaging 14.8 ft per gm despite having the 2nd highest "pace" in the wnba this season at 79.2.That would be the 2nd lowest FT average in the last 16 years.Just take last night's game for example.The mercury took 33 ft's without Griner while chicago took only 8........J.Loyd by her lonesome took 14 free throws against dallas.

Chicago went from 12.1 turnovers in 2016 to 16.2 this season.The increase is a by-product of not having a star player who can create thier own shot,and get to the FT line.Too many players playing out of their element.

I highly doubt that seattle would trade Loyd in only her 2nd season.And as i've previously stated,I would only make this trade if Loyd continued to play sub par basketball.However,I can see Loyd pulling a "Kyrie".Something tells me she's not happy playing 2nd fiddle to Stewart.

If you cant see the on the court chemistry those 2 have and how much fun they have playing together then i would suggest some glasses Cool Laughing
They hang out together off the court aswell so i wouldnt worry about Loyd not wanting to play behind Stewart..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/29/17 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Adding a star player to Chicago's roster will not reduce their high number of turnovers and personal fouls. These high negative numbers will only reduce with more playing time with Stock's new system and better mental discipline.

PostPosted: 07/30/17 2:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

If you cant see the on the court chemistry those 2 have and how much fun they have playing together then i would suggest some glasses Cool Laughing
They hang out together off the court aswell so i wouldnt worry about Loyd not wanting to play behind Stewart..

Rock Hard wrote:
Adding a star player to Chicago's roster will not reduce their high number of turnovers and personal fouls. These high negative numbers will only reduce with more playing time with Stock's new system and better mental discipline.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lza2H-fj5Es" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

scrappy

PostPosted: 07/30/17 3:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

seattle will be stupid to trade away loyd.

and what the hell is valavanis talking about? she is also partly responsible for the team performance. getting sword and the current team roster will not be what it is now without her approval. coring langhorne, keeping quinn, are just a couple bone-head moves the front office/coaching staff made.

if boucek were to be fired, valavanis needs to go along with boucek as well.

PostPosted: 07/30/17 6:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GM's fire coaches so they don't get fired themselves.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/30/17 6:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
seattle will be stupid to trade away loyd.

Of course it would be stupid.However,Loyd had been averaging 14.7p on 37% fg over the previous 18 gms.prior to playing dallas.Those are Kayla McBride numbers.The so-called chemistry between Stewart/Loyd hasn't led to prosperity.Over the last two seasons,seattle has a 26-30 record.I'm not casting total blame on Loyd.Seattle has a poorly constructed roster(G.M).But Loyd's play has been very underwhelming for most of the season.

It's almost as if everyone wants to make coach Boucek the scapegoat.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/30/17 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
GM's fire coaches so they don't get fired themselves.

That's why you need to be both a GM and a coach like Pokey in Chicago. Talk about job security.... oh wait.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
threefrom60

PostPosted: 07/30/17 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sure it's coincidence, but Jenny was back to being dressed up fancy for the game on Friday. Hair up, jewelry, heels, everything. She started 'dressing down' when she was wearing a walking boot earlier this season, and then continued going with a more casual look until last Friday's game. I assume it was because she couldn't wear heels (she wore the same caaual shoes every game). I say this because obviously Friday was a must-win game, the rumor mill was churning, her coaching seat was hot... And she came out super fancy like she had suddenly gotten serious again. Or like she'd decided those sensible shoes were bad luck and needed to change everything up. But of course it was just an amusing coincidence.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 12 of 19

Jump to: