RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
merlina

PostPosted: 05/16/17 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You can right click and choose "open in incognito window" or something like that - depending on your browser.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/18/17 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu

PostPosted: 05/19/17 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wonder how much Birdy paid for those torn up jeans. Smile

PostPosted: 05/20/17 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Sue Bird expected to make her season debut for Storm on Sunday

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/storm/sue-bird-expected-to-make-her-season-debut-for-storm-on-sunday

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/30/17 8:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sami Whitcomb: 28-year-old rookie living WNBA dream with Seattle Storm
Quote:
Whitcomb fielded training camp offers from a few WNBA teams, but chose the Storm because it suited her playing style. Returning to the same city she attended college was an added perk.
“Speaking to the coaches and understanding what they may want from me, it just felt like a good fit,” Whitcomb said.

http://summitthoops.com/2017/05/30/sami-whitcomb-wnba-storm/

PostPosted: 05/30/17 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

City of Seattle Approves KeyArena, Storm 10-Year Lease Extension

http://storm.wnba.com/news/city-seattle-approves-keyarena-storm-10-year-lease-extension/

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 06/01/17 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Update on Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis

http://storm.wnba.com/news/update-kaleena-mosqueda-lewis/

Quote:
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis has undergone right knee scope to repair torn cartilage from an injury sustained on May 26, during the first quarter against New York. Her status will continue to be evaluated pending further evaluation.

PostPosted: 06/01/17 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Update on Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis

http://storm.wnba.com/news/update-kaleena-mosqueda-lewis/

Quote:
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis has undergone right knee scope to repair torn cartilage from an injury sustained on May 26, during the first quarter against New York. Her status will continue to be evaluated pending further evaluation.

Sucks for her. Hopefully she gets healthy soon. But on the flip side this means more minutes for Sami

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
bcdawg04

PostPosted: 06/20/17 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Athlete Ally Announces Joint Effort with Seattle Professional Sports Teams to Champion LGBT Equality

All 5 Seattle pro teams (Storm, Reign FC, Sounders FC, Mariners, and Seahawks) are involved, marking "the first time that a city’s professional sports teams have partnered together in a joint endeavor to stand in solidarity with the LGBT community."

This is so Seattle! Very cool to see our teams take a bold stand for inclusiveness like this.

From the Storm twitter: https://twitter.com/seattlestorm/status/877302787062734848
Quote:
#EqualityIsATeamSport

From Sue: https://twitter.com/S10Bird/status/877332794862559232
Quote:
Replying to @AthleteAlly @seattlestorm
So proud to be an @AthleteAlly Ambassador!

Shades

PostPosted: 06/21/17 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Plum and Jonquel Jones are signing with Fenerbahçe

http://www.basketfaul.com/haber?haber=64210

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 06/29/17 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm drop to 10th place after tonight's lose. I still see them making the play-offs over Indiana(T-7th). Thought this Storm team would be improved this season.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/29/17 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would hate to see the Storm in the lottery again. They would probably win the No. 1 pick, as usual. Storm are the worst road team except for the Stars and they have only played 6 road games out of 14 total.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/29/17 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still see them getting into the play-offs, even at only the #8 seed.

awhom111

PostPosted: 07/05/17 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Japan opted against naming Ramu to their roster for the actual tournament so she should be free for the rest of the summer for Seattle.
pilight

PostPosted: 07/26/17 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA vet has message NBA youngsters need to hear

http://www.dailybreeze.com/sports/20170725/waldner-wnba-vet-has-message-nba-youngsters-need-to-hear

Quote:
“Those years, I learned how to become a professional,” she said. “I got to play with Lisa Leslie. I got to play with Tina Thompson.”

Leslie and Thompson, both from Morningside High, were giants of the game.

“I got to play with those greats and in doing so I learned how to be a professional player,”

PostPosted: 07/27/17 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boucek getting the axe? God I hope so.

http://summitthoops.com/2017/07/27/jenny-boucek-tenure-seattle-storm/

Shades

PostPosted: 07/27/17 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Seattle Storm president and general manager Alisha Valvanis twice declined to say that Jenny Boucek would remain the head coach for the duration of the 2017 season, as multiple Storm players expressed frustration over both the team’s performance and Boucek’s role in it.

Quote:
“It doesn’t always look like we’re being coached to win,” according to one player, referencing a view that rotations are irregular, a team slow to make tactical adjustments, and players are often left too long on the bench. “There’s too much talent here that isn’t competing.”

Quote:
Another Storm player also pointed out the number of WNBA players who have gone on to success elsewhere after limited opportunities in Seattle, naming Renee Montgomery (now of the Minnesota Lynx) and Krystal Thomas (now of the Washington Mystics).
“We’re like the Portland Trailblazers of the WNBA,” she said.

Quote:
When asked about Swords’ playing time, Valvanis said, “I wouldn’t distill that down to minutes played. I would say I’m actively trying to understand her contributions, whether it is the time available to her or her contributions.”

Quote:
“I think the metric of success right now is making it to the playoffs. I think it’s very clear that anything short of that would not be a successful season. You’re asking fair questions, and I hope you’re sensing respect for the process here, and the coach, and the whole team. There’s still a lot of basketball to be played. And we’re doing everything we can to support Jenny and support this team.”

Megdal gives great details in this article, about bullying the GM about whether she's going to fire Boucek.... and using anonymous player quotes to throw Boucek under the bus, but he's evasive about who's making trade proposals?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/28/17 8:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow megdal got pretty deep with those questions . Boucek definitely on the hotseat from what im seeing and i cant say its not due. Seattle should be a Top 5 team right now and yet there barely performing up to there potential . The Boucek experiment needs to end

PostPosted: 07/28/17 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boucek wasn't the one who traded the #6 pick for Swords.Nor did she let K.Thomas walk(Forgivable move imo)...Seattle managemant like most storm fans was fooled by the 7-3 finish last season.Seattle beat a bunch of teams that were missing multiple players.The strong finish gave seattle the false illusion that they were one or two minor moves from competing for a championship.Trading the #6 pick for a limited career backup center was just stupid.The storm would've been better off trading the 2017 2nd rd pick for K.Alexander.Had seattle drafted Davis or Sykes,they'd be in better position to make a trade for a starting center.Boucek is getting too much of the blame.

BTW,If Loyd doesn't get her act together,i'd strongly consider a package trade with chicago:

Loyd & 2018 1st rd pick for Vandersloot,Quigley, & Dolson,Coates,or Boyette.

Last edited by zune69 on 07/28/17 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/28/17 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Boucek wasn't the one who trading the #6 pick for Swords.Nor did she let K.Thomas walk(Forgivable move imo)...Seattle managemant like most storm fans was fooled by the 7-3 finish last season.Seattle beat a bunch of teams that were missing multiple players.The strong finish gave seattle the false illusion that they were one or two minor moves from competing for a championship.Trading the #6 pick for a limited career backup center was just stupid.The storm would've been better off trading the 2017 2nd rd pick for K.Alexander.Had seattle drafted Davis or Sykes,they'd be in better position to make a trade for a starting center.Boucek is getting too much of the blame.

BTW,If Loyd doesn't get her act together,i'd strongly consider a package trade with chicago:.

Quote:
Loyd & 2018 1st rd pick for Vandersloot,Quigley, & Dolson,Coates,or Boyette

WOAH just give up the whole team for lloyd pretty much lol . Or did you mean 1 of these players ?
Shocked

PostPosted: 07/28/17 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Boucek wasn't the one who trading the #6 pick for Swords.Nor did she let K.Thomas walk(Forgivable move imo)...Seattle managemant like most storm fans was fooled by the 7-3 finish last season.Seattle beat a bunch of teams that were missing multiple players.The strong finish gave seattle the false illusion that they were one or two minor moves from competing for a championship.Trading the #6 pick for a limited career backup center was just stupid.The storm would've been better off trading the 2017 2nd rd pick for K.Alexander.Had seattle drafted Davis or Sykes,they'd be in better position to make a trade for a starting center.Boucek is getting too much of the blame.

BTW,If Loyd doesn't get her act together,i'd strongly consider a package trade with chicago:.

Quote:

WOAH just give up the whole team for lloyd pretty much lol . Or did you mean 1 of these players ?
Shocked

That's Loyd and a lottery pick in a strong looking draft

PostPosted: 07/28/17 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm have 9 road games and only 4 home games left. 5 games against teams they are fighting for a playoff spot (Dallas, Atlanta, and Chicago.) Play the Lynx and Stars twice. Also play Sun, Mercury and Mystics. I think this schedule does work against their chances of getting into the playoffs.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/28/17 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Quote:

Shocked

Yeah im pretty confident at least 8 of the 12 teams will and can find a player of Lloyds caliber in the draft next season .

PostPosted: 07/28/17 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Quote:

Shocked

Yeah im pretty confident at least 8 of the 12 teams will and can find a player of Lloyds caliber in the draft next season .

This would be a good trade for both teams.Seattle gets a starting center to pair with Stewart,a sg who's great at playing off the ball and doesn't have a "mamba mentality",whatever the hell that means,and a elite level pg(Sue Bird's successor).....chicago gets a legit top 15 player who can create her own shot and will be a all-star for many years to come.They'll also get a quality draft pick,maybe even a lottery pick.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/28/17 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When making trade proposals do you ever think how trades will actually improve a team? So many trade proposals are based on team A needs something so let's trade half the team to team B to meet that need. The other trade proposals seen a lot is home girl is from town A so let's make a trade that is detrimental to the other team just to bring home girl back to her place of birth. Confused

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 11 of 19

Jump to: