RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Five trades the WNBA thinks the WNBA should make
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 07/27/17 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Indiana is rebuilding. Trading established players for young ones with potential is usually how that works.

I don't think they were trying to rebuild this year. They are a 2015 Finals team. They replaced Catchings with Dupree and White with Pokey and hoped for the best. Now that they look to be headed to the lottery, I suppose the perception is they are a rebuilding team.

If they were rebuilding the concept is to trade a great player with only a couple years in the tank (like a Bird for instance) for a young prospect or high draft pick to a team that needs help getting over that hump in the playoffs. Shenise Johnson isn't even in her prime yet. I don't get how this helps Indy rebuild.

pilight wrote:

As for Ogwumike, are the Sun going to bench Alyssa Thomas?

I predict not.

pilight wrote:

Move her back to the three where she's been ineffective for years?

The team was ineffective, but not because of her playing the SF.

pilight wrote:

Do you really want to gamble on Ogwumike staying healthy and continuing to play well?

I guess you're not going to ask the SEA GM thus question. Chiney adds to the team in other ways including camaraderie and spirit. Not sure Miller wants to lose that. Worth the $50,000 (just not this year) Wink

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 07/27/17 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Im A Fan of the Shenise Johnson swap for Boyette...Whats been up with larkins this year ? Its like every player regressed when catch retired. Talk about making a team better Embarassed

Larkin has overachieved at her position for years.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/27/17 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Im A Fan of the Shenise Johnson swap for Boyette...Whats been up with larkins this year ? Its like every player regressed when catch retired. Talk about making a team better Embarassed

She has , but not this year. That overachieving has now come with expectation and i dont see the fire in her like i have in recent years.

PostPosted: 07/27/17 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was going to try to include a big blockbuster, but too many of the top stars are in places they'll never leave. You can't do Tina Charles and Brittany Boyd for Skylar Diggins and Glory Johnson because Charles would balk at leaving home.

PostPosted: 07/27/17 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

She has , but not this year. That overachieving has now come with expectation and i dont see the fire in her like i have in recent years.

The Pokey effect? She's guard-centric, and when has a post player ever flurished under her?

Shades

PostPosted: 07/27/17 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I was going to try to include a big blockbuster, but too many of the top stars are in places they'll never leave. You can't do Tina Charles and Brittany Boyd for Skylar Diggins and Glory Johnson because Charles would balk at leaving home.

You're not supposed to preemptively shoot down your own trade ideas. You're supposed to let us do that for you. Surprised

Randy

PostPosted: 07/27/17 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boyette looked pretty promising last season, at least at times.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/27/17 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

The Pokey effect? She's guard-centric, and when has a post player ever flurished under her?

Thats fair i must say Laughing Dupree seems to not have taken any steps forward either although i somehow feel she prefers to not improve anymore. Pokey & Posts are a world wonder Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 07/27/17 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Sylvia Fowles did OK under Pokey

PostPosted: 07/27/17 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight - this is all part of the Lynx fan agenda to support Reeve for COY by claiming Fowles was a train wreck before she got to the Lynx and Reeve turned her career around in 3 weeks of training camp.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/27/17 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Sylvia Fowles did OK under Pokey

Yeah she did ok missing chippies at least 10 times a game.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: