someone else
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 41

pilight

PostPosted: 07/25/17 6:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
I just can't accept someone who's not the best player on their own team as the MVP. Without injury it would be Griner easily, but I guess Charles is my front-runner now.

What's to say that Griner won't come back and pick up where she left off. If no one passes her in points will she be put back at the top as the leading scorer. I'd have to look up the # of games she would need to play in order to qualify for MVP.

There's no minimum qualification. However, no player has won MVP when missing more than three games in the season.

PostPosted: 07/26/17 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As long as the mercury continue to lose basketball games,Griner is still a top 3 mvp candidate.Hypothetically,If phoenix goes winless during Griner's absence(0-10),While going something like 15-9 in the games that she plays,i'd strongly consider giving Griner a 2nd place mvp vote behind Fowles.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/26/17 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
As long as the mercury continue to lose basketball games,Griner is still a top 3 mvp candidate.Hypothetically,If phoenix goes winless during Griner's absence(0-10),While going something like 15-9 in the games that she plays,i'd strongly consider giving Griner a 2nd place mvp vote behind Fowles.

I believe they won the 1st game she missed .

PostPosted: 07/26/17 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I thought they lost to the Lynx.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/26/17 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I thought they lost to the Lynx.

They did i was under the impression it was ATL being the 1st game she missed , but it was actually the last full game she played sorry ! Embarassed

PostPosted: 07/26/17 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tina willed her team to a near upset of the #1 team on the road. Even when she wasn't scoring in the third quarter, her presence alone made it possible for everyone else to score. Interesting that Canadace Parker only shot over 50% in a season three times in her career and only once in an MVP season. Last year people said Nneka was the MVP about midseason because she was gonna break Tamika Raymond's field goal percentage and that the Sparks were gonna finish #1. Neither happened..I'm just saying yo! If Candace led the league in scoring and rebounding and had her team in third place, ppl would wet their shorts ten times over..this year Tina's still putting up comparable numbers and has her team in the mix..sixth right now but could sneak into third by the end. But it won't matter. She'll never get a fair crack again at MVP.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/26/17 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Tina willed her team to a near upset of the #1 team on the road. Even when she wasn't scoring in the third quarter, her presence alone made it possible for everyone else to score. Interesting that Canadace Parker only shot over 50% in a season three times in her career and only once in an MVP season. Last year people said Nneka was the MVP about midseason because she was gonna break Tamika Raymond's field goal percentage and that the Sparks were gonna finish #1. Neither happened..I'm just saying yo! If Candace led the league in scoring and rebounding and had her team in third place, ppl would wet their shorts ten times over..this year Tina's still putting up comparable numbers and has her team in the mix..sixth right now but could sneak into third by the end. But it won't matter. She'll never get a fair crack again at MVP.

Well not this year because shes not the Most valuable player of this league. Her team is 6th place going 4-6 in there last 10 games. Sylvia is actually contributing to victories which is a big factor in being considered an MVP. Tina is Top 3 imo but not #1 and has not been none this season.

PostPosted: 07/26/17 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

Well not this year because shes not the Most valuable player of this league. Her team is 6th place going 4-6 in there last 10 games. Sylvia is actually contributing to victories which is a big factor in being considered an MVP. Tina is Top 3 imo but not #1 and has not been none this season.

Team record has nothing to do with it. Lauren Jackson won MVP in 2003 and her team didn't even make the playoffs. I've been quiet this year, but she's been balling this whole season. PS..Syl might not even be the own MVP of her own team. This could be a repeat race of Tee and Nnek all over again

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/26/17 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

Team record has nothing to do with it. Lauren Jackson won MVP in 2003 and her team didn't even make the playoffs. I've been quiet this year, but she's been balling this whole season. PS..Syl might not even be the own MVP of her own team. This could be a repeat race of Tee and Nnek all over again

To be exact her team didnt make the playoffs due to a tiebreaker they lost on the last day of the regular season. Rolling Eyes Sylvia has been the most consistent player on the best team all season no contest.

PostPosted: 07/26/17 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
bballgrl wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
I just can't accept someone who's not the best player on their own team as the MVP. Without injury it would be Griner easily, but I guess Charles is my front-runner now.

What's to say that Griner won't come back and pick up where she left off. If no one passes her in points will she be put back at the top as the leading scorer. I'd have to look up the # of games she would need to play in order to qualify for MVP.

There's no minimum qualification. However, no player has won MVP when missing more than three games in the season.

I'd think that if she comes back playing at the same level she was before the injury, is still the leading scorer in the league and her team has lost enough games for them to drop in the standings that would prove that she is the mvp. If it is not a requirement that the mvp not miss more than 3 games in the season why should that even be a consideration. Just asking. Or is it that they just give the mvp to whomever they want to.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 07/26/17 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

To be exact her team didnt make the playoffs due to a tiebreaker they lost on the last day of the regular season. Rolling Eyes Sylvia has been the most consistent player on the best team all season no contest.

Stick to your league leading in all the worst categories-Wings! ha

SDHoops

PostPosted: 07/26/17 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't have an actual vote for MVP and neither do ya'll. Soo...it ain't even worth arguing or being petty about Rolling Eyes

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/26/17 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

Will do , and when Sylvia wins MVP you will still be campaigning for Tina with no pay! Razz

PostPosted: 07/26/17 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

Will do , and when Sylvia wins MVP you will still be campaigning for Tina with no pay! Razz

If Big Syl gets it, I'll be happy for her. But I still say if a Lynx wins MVP this year it would be Maya. Just like ROY will be Sykes. Awards are a body of work not who plays the best first half of the season.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/26/17 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

If Big Syl gets it, I'll be happy for her. But I still say if a Lynx wins MVP this year it would be Maya. Just like ROY will be Sykes. Awards are a body of work not who plays the best first half of the season.

So sykes has shown you a complete body of work ? Question Shocked Or just a Great 2 to 3 week stretch ?

PostPosted: 07/26/17 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDhoops have you not watched this season yesterday was maya's 1st good game of the season and sykes just started playing good.

Syl is and has been the clear winner for MVP all season and now with BG out its damn near locked
while ROY might be up for grabs if sykes keeps up her numbers as long as gray can put up decent numbers she will win because her "body of work"

PostPosted: 07/26/17 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maya's 8th 20+ point game of the season was finally a good one.

Come on.

wnbashockballa

PostPosted: 07/26/17 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

Come on.

she takes a million shots and gets to the FT line not hard for her to get 20 she's been off all season she gets her points because of her attempts so yes last night was her best overall game where she wasn't off and still got 20 lobo even stated mayas been off

PostPosted: 07/27/17 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbashockballa wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Come on.

she takes a million shots and gets to the FT line not hard for her to get 20 she's been off all season she gets her points because of her attempts so yes last night was her best overall game where she wasn't off and still got 20 lobo even stated mayas been off

I agree, Maya was shooting a career low from the field this season up till recently. Fowles was winning them games so they got away with her having a down year. Her catching fire would mean big trouble for the rest of the league

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/27/17 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
wnbashockballa wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Come on.

I agree, Maya was shooting a career low from the field this season up till recently. Fowles was winning them games so they got away with her having a down year. Her catching fire would mean big trouble for the rest of the league

This ____________x

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: