RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tina Charles Makes Everyone Around Her Better

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 07/25/17 11:37 am    ::: Tina Charles Makes Everyone Around Her Better Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Charles has averaged a career double-double (18.0 PPG, 10.1 RPG) and has two Olympic and two world championship gold medals. She was the 2012 WNBA MVP, and led the league in scoring last season (21.5 PPG).

Quote:
"Tina is one of the strongest-minded players I've been around," said Phoenix's Diana Taurasi, who has played with Charles on the U.S. national team. "Sometimes it comes down to the right pieces and the right team. But there's no way a player like Tina is not going to win a championship, because she's that determined and driven to do it."

Quote:
"We're really close. It's hard coaching against her," Thibault said. "My first experience at the pro level with an athlete who had that kind of depth was Kareem [Abdul-Jabbar]. I saw some of Kareem in her; she has this thirst for other things in life.

Quote:
"I've come off the bench to bring energy and scoring and whatever we need," Rodgers said. "Tina thought it was a good idea, and that I was mature enough for that role.

"Not everybody can do it. But she thought it was something I could achieve, and it's working. I'm willing to stick with it and keep going forward."

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/20148766/new-york-liberty-tina-charles-makes-everyone-better-player

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/02/17 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://sports.yahoo.com/wnba-star-saved-life-man-never-met-212426292.html

Carlson, 59, went into sudden cardiac arrest. He wasn’t in poor health; in fact he had recently lost 15 pounds. He had some minor chest pains a couple of weeks before, but he saw the doctor and got an EKG and an MRI and he was just waiting for results.

Then he collapsed. He wasn’t breathing. His heart stopped. And when a co-worker saw him lying on the ground, she was “100 percent sure he was dead.”

But Dan Carlson didn’t die, and the reason is because of a basketball player he’d never met.

PostPosted: 09/02/17 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll never fail to be impressed by how much the women in the WNBA do to make the communities around them better, with salaries that are the equivalent to the pocket change of their male counterparts... And I say that as someone who likes the NBA better than the WNBA.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Shades

PostPosted: 09/02/17 1:43 pm    ::: Re: Tina Charles Makes Everyone Around Her Better Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"We're really close. It's hard coaching against her," Thibault said.

How hard?

Charles for Meesseman, Thomas, and #7 or #8 in 2018 Surprised

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 09/02/17 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455

PostPosted: 09/02/17 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charles is never leaving the Liberty until she retires. Sorry.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Queenie

PostPosted: 09/02/17 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
https://sports.yahoo.com/wnba-star-saved-life-man-never-met-212426292.html

Carlson, 59, went into sudden cardiac arrest. He wasn’t in poor health; in fact he had recently lost 15 pounds. He had some minor chest pains a couple of weeks before, but he saw the doctor and got an EKG and an MRI and he was just waiting for results.

Then he collapsed. He wasn’t breathing. His heart stopped. And when a co-worker saw him lying on the ground, she was “100 percent sure he was dead.”

But Dan Carlson didn’t die, and the reason is because of a basketball player he’d never met.

They had him at the game yesterday and did a timeout feature on this story. Pretty sure a couple of players got misty-eyed on the bench.

PostPosted: 09/02/17 5:40 pm    ::: Re: Tina Charles Makes Everyone Around Her Better Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Quote:

How hard?

For Washington, sure. For New York, no way in hell.

PostPosted: 09/02/17 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why would Charles leave New York her home from home?

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/02/17 6:18 pm    ::: Re: Tina Charles Makes Everyone Around Her Better Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Quote:

How hard?

This is a Megdal-level proposal Laughing

toad455

PostPosted: 09/02/17 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:

Don't worry, she won't.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 09/02/17 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:

Because Thibault misses coaching her. That's gotta be somewhat touching to her. Laimbeer isn't sensitive like that.

I was just pondering what Thibault might offer in a trade for Charles. Lib fans wouldn't like it, but it's not an unfair trade. You've definitely seen worse, like the one for for Fowles. I wouldn't worry. If Meesseman is untouchable in a trade for Delle Donne, she's probably untouchable for a trade for Charles.... although Delle Donne and Charles playing together would be really interesting to see. Meesseman is like Thibault's trophy for the one draft pick he got right. Can't let her go. Don't worry, be happy.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: