83%
 83%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 30

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 07/22/17 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

merlina wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
let's introduce them and have them walk down 50 steps... :lol:

Some people on my side booed Bird as she came down. I really wanted to find them and kill them.

If I'd been there, I'd have been booing Bird, too.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 07/22/17 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

merlina wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
let's introduce them and have them walk down 50 steps... Laughing

Some people on my side booed Bird as she came down. I really wanted to find them and kill them.

Nope. "Suuuuuuuuuueeeeee" just sounds a lot like "booooooooo".

merlina

PostPosted: 07/22/17 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
merlina wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Um, no.

merlina

PostPosted: 07/22/17 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="merlina"]
PickledGinger wrote:
merlina wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Um, no. Don't be a douche.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/22/17 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have to wonder why these ASG don't sell out. Can't remember the last one that was 100% sold-out.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
SDHoops

PostPosted: 07/22/17 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I have to wonder why these ASG don't sell out. Can't remember the last one that was 100% sold-out.

If Minny gets the 2018 bid and Shoni comes back and the players' ranks go in line with the fan votes then...that could be a sell out. I know it didn't make much of a difference in regular season road games the past few years, but Minnesota is right in the heart of NDN Country.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 07/23/17 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was cool to see the first time AllStars players playing in their first AllStar gm. Sue and LC were trying to out assist each other lol. That putback basket to beat the buzzer by LC was impressive.JJ has a unique skillset that entertaining to watch and she was showing them today. DT was funny with her play by play commentary she said "Bird will be playing in the AllStar gm until she dies" lmao. Skylar seemed like she was in a bad mood only reason why I even noticed is cause she's usually social.

That shootout between Rogers and Allie was fun.

Nice crowd in Seattle for the gm. Did Jasmine Thomas asked Fowles if she gonna let Jones win the jump ball at the start of the game in the AllStar game too? Lmao That UConn to UConn connection didn't work between Sue and Stewart but that Notre Dame to UConn worked between Sky and Stewart how ironic. Gray had me feeling like a proud parent watching her at her first AllStar. That behind the back pass from her was nice. Nneka might have the best footwork in the league.

eclair

PostPosted: 07/23/17 12:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

merlina wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

It wasn't booing, rookie. It was "Suuuuuuuuuuuuue."

PostPosted: 07/23/17 3:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
merlina wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Why?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 07/23/17 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
willtalk wrote:
bballgrl wrote:
Shades wrote:
Clarendon 14 pts, 10 ast

She has improved so much or in Indiana she wasn't used correctly. I thought she was not so good there but she sure has come into her own while in Atlanta. Great job Clarendon.

You have to understand her history. She only really began playing 5 on 5 basketball as a Junior at Cal.

How many players did Cal put on the court her first two years?

I was wondering this too. And couldn't have been talking about High School. She played 4 years varsity at Cajon, and I'm assuming that was 5 on 5 too. Maybe it just LOOKS like she hasn't played 5 on 5 until junior year in college, which I can agree with Laughing

PostPosted: 07/23/17 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
willtalk wrote:
bballgrl wrote:
Shades wrote:
Clarendon 14 pts, 10 ast

She has improved so much or in Indiana she wasn't used correctly. I thought she was not so good there but she sure has come into her own while in Atlanta. Great job Clarendon.

You have to understand her history. She only really began playing 5 on 5 basketball as a Junior at Cal.

I was wondering this too. And couldn't have been talking about High School. She played 4 years varsity at Cajon, and I'm assuming that was 5 on 5 too. Maybe it just LOOKS like she hasn't played 5 on 5 until junior year in college, which I can agree with Laughing
Just a little bit of sarcasm! In High School, though one of the top talents in the country she wasn't voted in as Mc D AA because of her ball-hoggery. In the playoffs she would often shoot the ball with three players on her instead of passing to the two open players. In a game against TAM her soph year at Cal there was one time where no one but her touched the ball five offensive series in a row. In her Junior year Cal had Boyd at point and LC made the statement that she probably wasn't suited to play the point. Ironically from her off guard position she began to distribute the ball as she never had as a point. I guess the light came on. I have never seen a player make such a turn around in respect to becoming a team player in such a short amount of time. Perhaps it was because she then knew what it was like to play with a score first point ( Boyd in her early time at Cal ) that made the light go on. She always had the physical skills to excel at the point but just developed the mind set only in her later years at Cal.

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 07/23/17 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
willtalk wrote:
bballgrl wrote:
Shades wrote:
Clarendon 14 pts, 10 ast

Just a little bit of sarcasm! In High School, though one of the top talents in the country she wasn't voted in as Mc D AA because of her ball-hoggery. In the playoffs she would often shoot the ball with three players on her instead of passing to the two open players. In a game against TAM her soph year at Cal there was one time where no one but her touched the ball five offensive series in a row. In her Junior year Cal had Boyd at point and LC made the statement that she probably wasn't suited to play the point. Ironically from her off guard position she began to distribute the ball as she never had as a point. I guess the light came on. I have never seen a player make such a turn around in respect to becoming a team player in such a short amount of time. Perhaps it was because she then knew what it was like to play with a score first point ( Boyd in her early time at Cal ) that made the light go on. She always had the physical skills to excel at the point but just developed the mind set only in her later years at Cal.

In the 2009 FIBA U19 Championships, she played behind Sammy P and Diggins....which is how it should still be....(bench Wink )
https://www.usab.com/history/u19-womens/eighth-fiba-womens-u19-world-championship-2009.aspx

PostPosted: 07/23/17 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
willtalk wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
willtalk wrote:
bballgrl wrote:
Shades wrote:
Clarendon 14 pts, 10 ast

In the 2009 FIBA U19 Championships, she played behind Sammy P and Diggins....which is how it should still be....(bench Wink )
https://www.usab.com/history/u19-womens/eighth-fiba-womens-u19-world-championship-2009.aspx

Queenie

PostPosted: 07/23/17 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eclair wrote:
merlina wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

It wasn't booing, rookie. It was "Suuuuuuuuuuuuue."

Can confirm. Am familiar with the difference (we've had use for yelling "Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue!" in New York, too).

I had a lot of fun. It was so cool to reconnect with people I haven't seen in years (has anyone bailed the Brigade out of whatever trouble they've assuredly gotten into yet?), and meet people I've only seen through a series of tubes, and see fans rocking their team colors. All-Star is about the entire league, and I think that extends to the fans as well.

(That being said, c'mon, East Coast, we need to rep better out West. If the West Coast folks can come to us, we can go to them.)

PostPosted: 07/23/17 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If it weren't for the 3 point contest at half time, this would have just been another boring all-star game. The game itself was actually one of the more boring ones. Except for watching Jonquel Jones play that is. A couple all-star selections were not worthy of being an all-star. Stefanie Dolson is a good enough player most of the time, but she's not an all-star caliber player in my opinion. Rebekkah Brunson and Sugar Rodgers in no way shape or form should have been picked as injury replacements. Moriah Jefferson or Isabella Harrison should have been picked over Brunson as the Stars were the only team left out of the all-star game. Crystal Langhorne, Glory Johnson, Allisha Gray, Brittney Sykes, Ivory Latta, Kristi Toliver, Bria Holmes, Courtney Williams, would have been a much better and deserving choice than Rodgers as an injury replacement player. Is Elizabeth Williams is a meh for me as an all-star this year.

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/23/17 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I tried ... I watched the first quarter, but whatever was going on wasn't basketball.

PostPosted: 07/23/17 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I enjoyed it for what it was even though I'd agree with Clay that it's not basketball. That being said, since I watch any game pertaining to the Libs (including scoreboard-watching games) with the intensity of an aggressive pit bull, it's nice to watch a game that doesn't have any meaning as almost a vacation from that intensity.

PostPosted: 07/23/17 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
If it weren't for the 3 point contest at half time, this would have just been another boring all-star game. The game itself was actually one of the more boring ones. Except for watching Jonquel Jones play that is. A couple all-star selections were not worthy of being an all-star. Stefanie Dolson is a good enough player most of the time, but she's not an all-star caliber player in my opinion. Rebekkah Brunson and Sugar Rodgers in no way shape or form should have been picked as injury replacements. Moriah Jefferson or Isabella Harrison should have been picked over Brunson as the Stars were the only team left out of the all-star game. Crystal Langhorne, Glory Johnson, Allisha Gray, Brittney Sykes, Ivory Latta, Kristi Toliver, Bria Holmes, Courtney Williams, would have been a much better and deserving choice than Rodgers as an injury replacement player. Is Elizabeth Williams is a meh for me as an all-star this year.

Brunson was well deserving. It would not have been an outrage for her to have made it straight up and not as a injury replacement. And if it wasn't Brunson it should have been Beard.

None of the Stars deserved an All Star bid. They are a terrible team.

I do agree that there were better options than Rodgers as a replacement, but since she was already going to be there I'm not going to be all that upset over her selection.

PostPosted: 07/23/17 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Brunson was well deserving. It would not have been an outrage for her to have made it straight up and not as a injury replacement. And if it wasn't Brunson it should have been Beard.

I do agree that there were better options than Rodgers as a replacement, but since she was already going to be there I'm not going to be all that upset over her selection.

Ok but its not really about teams. It's about players. When the allstars were announced, Chicago only had a few wins, so at the time, they were pretty much just as terrible as the Stars were. The Fever are a terrible team too. But they had an all star.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 07/23/17 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Maybe because it's a bogus "game" in a cult sport that's of little interest to the sports public at large.
justintyme

PostPosted: 07/23/17 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Ok but its not really about teams. It's about players. When the allstars were announced, Chicago only had a few wins, so at the time, they were pretty much just as terrible as the Stars were. The Fever are a terrible team too. But they had an all star.

Yes, but none of the Stars have played that well. Harrison and MoJeff have had flashes, but nothing that I would have called All Star worthy. Compare that to Brunson who is 4th in the league in offensive rating and one of the major keys to the Lynx's top rated defense.

PostPosted: 07/23/17 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
merlina wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
let's introduce them and have them walk down 50 steps... :lol:

Why?

Because I'm a Monarchs fan, and I stan for Ticha Penicheiro, that's why. Damn Sue Bird.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/23/17 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

My guess is that it happened the other way round - they knew they were inviting Rodgers as an injury replacement, which is why she got into the three-point contest. Then the entire contest lineup sticks to my original prediction that they'd all be players who were in town anyway, saving the League a few bucks.

PostPosted: 07/23/17 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had a great time and really enjoyed Seattle.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/23/17 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

I think Dolson is more deserving then Dupree for example

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: