Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamj95

PostPosted: 07/17/17 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Randy wrote:
I would be happy for Dallas, or almost any team to get good enough to knock off the Lynx or Sparks, so I hope Cambage does come back next year.

Don't worry about the Lynx. Father time is holding all the cards and he is about to cash in. Laughing

Nah. Seimone, Lindsay, and Rebekkah are going to play well into their 50's if Reeve's still coaching Laughing Laughing

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/21/17 6:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kNbp1lLgnBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PostPosted: 07/21/17 8:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

she seemed to put on a few pounds. hope shes in shape and not Kiah Stoking it Cool

PostPosted: 07/21/17 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
she seemed to put on a few pounds. hope shes in shape and not Kiah Stoking it Cool

Camabage has never exactly been svelte

PostPosted: 07/21/17 8:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

omg your avatar is hypnotizing me at the moment Shocked Very Happy

PostPosted: 07/21/17 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not for nothing but did anyone notice in the video that she said that she had about given up on basketball and had no plans to continue playing again til recently?
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/21/17 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Not for nothing but did anyone notice in the video that she said that she had about given up on basketball and had no plans to continue playing again til recently?

Its the Crispy Wing affect ! Cool Cool

PostPosted: 07/21/17 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
hyperetic wrote:

Its the Crispy Wing affect ! Cool Cool

Maybe it was all y'all love and undying appreciation that changed her mind... to an extent. I don't recall her saying anything about PLAYING in the W.... Shocked

Wink
lynxmania

PostPosted: 07/24/17 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Evelyn Akhator will miss games to compete in the AfroBasket Tournament with the Nigerian National Team.

Training Camp from July 26-29. AfroBasket is from August 16-28.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/24/17 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Evelyn Akhator will miss games to compete in the AfroBasket Tournament with the Nigerian National Team.

I just can't imagine how the Wings will cope without her.

PostPosted: 07/25/17 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

I just cant imagine how we will manage to sweep her under the rug once she gets cut next season Confused

PostPosted: 07/25/17 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

There goes her chances for ROY! Laughing

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/25/17 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The sad thing is, the Wings really did need a post, and the most successful post to this point from the 2017 draft is... Brionna Jones? She of the 6mpg and 8 DNP-CDs. Plenty of time for them to improve in future years of course (or Coates to be good once she plays), but right now it's an absolutely barren year for bigs.

PostPosted: 07/25/17 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would like to say she's just about on the same level of "bust" as plum they straight wasted the #3 pick on her she trash wings came out of no where with that pick and has not paned out, had back to back picks and drafted her b4 gray lol

PostPosted: 07/25/17 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Powers < K. Davis = Mama Gets Her Wish.. #TradeBait

PostPosted: 07/27/17 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings Appoint Charles Johnson as Senior VP of Corporate Partnerships

http://wings.wnba.com/news/wings-appoint-charles-johnson-senior-vp-corporate-partnerships/

Quote:
Johnson is charged with leading the team’s corporate partnership initiatives and helping the Dallas-Fort Worth’s WNBA entry continue to expand and grow its brand throughout the North Texas region

PostPosted: 07/30/17 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did anyone notice Skylar wearing Adidas during the all-star game?!? Is she no longer with Nike??

PostPosted: 07/30/17 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Did anyone notice Skylar wearing Adidas during the all-star game?!? Is she no longer with Nike??

i stated this in another post but she's been wearing adidas almost all season preseason she had nikes but ya she's not with nike anymore all nike allstar athletes names were on the steps via brunsons ig post and diggings name wasn't there my main thing is if adidas has her now wheres was the major announcement like when ogwumikes switched

PostPosted: 07/30/17 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbashockballa wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:

i stated this in another post but she's been wearing adidas almost all season preseason she had nikes but ya she's not with nike anymore all nike allstar athletes names were on the steps via brunsons ig post and diggings name wasn't there my main thing is if adidas has her now wheres was the major announcement like when ogwumikes switched

The league is with Adidas. If a player doesn't have a shoe deal that's what they are obligated to wear.

PostPosted: 07/30/17 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
wnbashockballa wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:

The league is with Adidas. If a player doesn't have a shoe deal that's what they are obligated to wear.

this i know she also posted endorsed puma "adidas owned brand" at the kca which is why i think she switched

PostPosted: 07/31/17 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If there is one coach in the WNBA that needs to be fired after this season, it's Fred Williams. I mean come on. They have a shit load of talent and yet, year after year, they do fuck all.

Vicki Johnson is a questionable coach as well, but I'm willing to give her a free pass this year because of all the fuckups from GM Ruth Riley. I'd fire Riley as GM before I fire Johnson.

Pokey Chatman is safe because the Fever are right where they're supposed to be since the retirement of their franchise player. Same goes for Amber Stocks. She's safe as well since losing EDD to Washington.

Jenny Boucek is also a bad coach but aside from a few starters, it's not like she has much to work with. Last year, they dismantled their roster and rebuilt it but besides Breanna Stewart, Sue Bird and once in a while Crystal Langhorne and Jewell Loyd, they have a pretty terrible roster. The best thing for them would be to miss the playoffs, get a lottery pick, and fire Boucek in that order. Then they can do another partial re-build in the off season. Sadly for the Storm fans and a player like Breanna Stewart, their championship total has ended at two. I don't ever seen them making much noise in the future. They tried to redo the Bird/Jackson combo with Bird/Stewart but Bird has about 2 drops left in her gas tank and Stewart, while a great player, will never be the star Jackson was, and a Loyd/Stewart combo, while possibly strong over the next few years, is NO Bird/Jackson combo.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 07/31/17 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

As a person who has a fear of spiders, I HATE his avatar. Lol. It gives me the willies everytime I see it. If you all seen the size of the 🕷 's back home in Australia, you'd know what I mean.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/31/17 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

As a person who has a fear of spiders, I HATE his avatar. Lol. It gives me the willies everytime I see it. If you all seen the size of the 🕷 's back home in Australia, you'd know what I mean.

I guess you have not watched this campy B-movie horror flick on Netflix called SPIDERS.

PostPosted: 07/31/17 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I guess you have not watched this campy B-movie horror flick on Netflix called SPIDERS.

Actually I did lol. Love campy B-movie horror flicks.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/31/17 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
If there is one coach in the WNBA that needs to be fired after this season, it's Fred Williams. I mean come on. They have a shit load of talent and yet, year after year, they do fuck all.

Vicki Johnson is a questionable coach as well, but I'm willing to give her a free pass this year because of all the fuckups from GM Ruth Riley. I'd fire Riley as GM before I fire Johnson.

Pokey Chatman is safe because the Fever are right where they're supposed to be since the retirement of their franchise player. Same goes for Amber Stocks. She's safe as well since losing EDD to Washington.

Jenny Boucek is also a bad coach but aside from a few starters, it's not like she has much to work with. Last year, they dismantled their roster and rebuilt it but besides Breanna Stewart, Sue Bird and once in a while Crystal Langhorne and Jewell Loyd, they have a pretty terrible roster. The best thing for them would be to miss the playoffs, get a lottery pick, and fire Boucek in that order. Then they can do another partial re-build in the off season. Sadly for the Storm fans and a player like Breanna Stewart, their championship total has ended at two. I don't ever seen them making much noise in the future. They tried to redo the Bird/Jackson combo with Bird/Stewart but Bird has about 2 drops left in her gas tank and Stewart, while a great player, will never be the star Jackson was, and a Loyd/Stewart combo, while possibly strong over the next few years, is NO Bird/Jackson combo.

Breanna Stewarts numbers this (2nd) season are pretty close to LJ's first MVP (in her 3rd season) in 2003 and better then her numbers in her last MVP season in 2010. Yes she will never replace LJ who in my eyes the GOAT but she is having a fantastic 2nd season and its not her that this team is failing Exclamation

Stewart: 20 pts and 8,7 rebounds 48,2 FG% and 36,7% 3P%
MVP 2003 LJ: 21,2 pts and 9,3 rebounds 48,3 FG% and 31,7 3P%
MVP 2010 LJ: 20,5 pts and 8,3 rebounds 46, FG% and 34,6 3P%

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 34 of 36

Jump to: