RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Real First Family of Hoops

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 07/20/17 11:40 am    ::: The Real First Family of Hoops Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Meet the Ogwumikes—the hilarious, hoop-loving sisters. The nation’s only family to boast four Division I players. The Ball family before the Ball family. Well, kinda. None of them will pull up from half court like 15-year-old LaMelo Ball—the Ogwumikes are old school. Fundamentals over flash. Substance over star. They’ll silently stuff box scores with double-doubles by halftime. They’ll pivot toward the basket with such precision you’d think their feet had GPS.

Quote:
Erica and Olivia, sporting bandanas and flip-flops with tassels, cheered on Nneka and Chiney at their AAU tournaments. The younger sisters were actually chubby "mascots," as Nneka recalled, "running around with their little bellies."

Nneka and Chiney can’t believe the younger two are adults now, ready to ball out for Rice after transferring from Pepperdine and redshirting the 2016-17 season. Chiney has "heart attacks" watching them. "She's not exaggerating," Olivia says.

Nneka can't handle it sometimes. "I feel like we’re watching baby giraffes," she says. "You don’t want to see anything happen to [them]."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2722400-nneka-chiney-ogwumike-sisters-wnba?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

PostPosted: 07/20/17 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe, but seeing Javale McGee, NBA champion, watch Imani Boyette beat Nneka today at Staples, I have another family in mind.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: