RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

A math riddle
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5thmantheme

PostPosted: 07/20/17 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

End of Shift, or End of Business Day, the cash drawer gets counted and is $30 short. Minimum Wage cashier is immediately suspect #1 of theft unfortunately, but suspect #2 is still on the list, not that they have any idea who that might be. They probably fire the cashier anyway, because why not.

IF it's end of shift And before 5pm, a 9-to-5 supervisor type could go do an inventory at that moment. Probably won't because they wanna catch the last bit of the Sky vs Sparks game (i.e. anything but inventory). More likely an inventory is done whenever said supervisor gets around to doing it, or better, when the official inventory person does it at normal inventory time. Oh hey we're down a $70 widget. That might be usual/unusual/noteworthy/roundingerror/etc.

Smart dude in back, might put 2 + 2 together and get $100, but most likely won't. Tech guy says to smart dude: "hey where're the cameras? I can review it while I play WoW tonite." while he updates his instagram page. Smart dude starts making the usual paperwork for smart dude's boss, paperwork may never get read at all.

$100 stolen.
$100 in money laundering (!) also illegal.
'Nother $100 stolen in both cash+goods.
= $300 in criminal conspiracy or somesuch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: