RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sun @ Liberty - 7/19/17
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Sun
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Liberty
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 15

Shades

PostPosted: 07/19/17 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:

Shades, you really think she could be a difference maker for the Lynx? You want her running the point over Montgomery?

Could be a difference maker eventually. I'll take her over Jones, but it's not inconceivable they could have both until one plays out better (Perkins expendable). Montgomery can definitely stick around and probably start until she goes on her down slide.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 07/19/17 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Banham is just terrible and needs to be replaced next season.

I totally agree. She's so bad that she needs to be moved for whatever they can get for her.

Good. You get her and we get Maya Moore in return.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/19/17 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Montgomery might eventually be the starting PG whenever Whalen retires. I'm thinking this will be sooner than later.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 07/19/17 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

See, you're waffling. You can't say she's so terrible that she needs to be gone to make the team better, and yet she's worth Maya Moore. Nobody's worth Maya Moore.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 07/19/17 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

See, you're waffling. You can't say she's so terrible that she needs to be gone to make the team better, and yet she's worth Maya Moore. Nobody's worth Maya Moore.

No I'm not. Moore is just the only player on the Lynx that I'd want.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 07/19/17 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stokes and Hartley
play so smartly.
Hartley and Stokes
ain't no hoax.

Piph and Vaughn,
begone, begone.

Tina Regina,
prima ballerina.
ClayK

PostPosted: 07/19/17 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Tina's eating Thomas and Jones' lunch! Who's the real third place in MVP race? Wink

I think Danielle Adams ate everyone's lunch. Including the camp kids ...

PostPosted: 07/19/17 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really nice win. First, to defend Miller, he removed the 3 players playing in the All-Star Game. CT is a very high-energy, fast-paced team. Removing the 3 made sense. 2 of them are averaging 30 mpg, the other 28. The subs also gave some energy that the starters didn't have. Even if he had stayed with the starters, the Liberty would have won this game. Running them into the ground didn't make any sense.

From the Libs' standpoint, the number one thing I think they did well was to control the tempo of the game. Yes, they had 11 first-half TOs, and yes CT went on that one first-half run when the Libs played at CT's pace. But besides that their transition defense was very good and they did a great job of containing Alyssa Thomas in transition particularly. Tina did another great job on D as the Liberty's defensive efficiency continues to climb. They are up to second in the league in points yielded per possession, and if you look at Tina she has done a great job on the defensive end for the most part. I think she is making a strong case for first-team all-defense even though she isn't generally a shot-blocker. Speaking of defense, the Libs were markedly better defensively with Kiah on the floor today than Kia. Bill went to Kiah early in the third when Kia started the second half slowly. Excellent move. She was a presence in the lane, repeatedly altering shots and/or influencing players to pass up drives in favor of pull-up jumpers.

On offense they pushed pace, but did it in a mostly controlled way. Besides the obvious area of pushing pace, I think Hartley's presence in the starting lineup also has given Z more opportunities to be kind of a point forward. The ball is not being dominated in any one spot on the floor in the process. And the side-to-side ball movement is evident. When there's not a post entry opportunity on one side of the floor, there's been a consciously intelligent effort to work the ball to the other side of the floor. And when Z has to simply create, she can do it for herself and her teammates as well.

And...NY made 25 of 26 free throws. I can't remember the last time they did something like that. Now that Kiah is a pretty solid foul shooter, there's really no weak link in terms of free throw shooting. Moving forward, I'd expect the team to be good at that. It's not like the last few seasons where they had multiple people struggling to hit 70%. This should be a good free throw shooting team.

And also...they were 9th in the points in the paint a few games ago. It appears that number will also be climbing.

PostPosted: 07/19/17 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
Tina's eating Thomas and Jones' lunch! Who's the real third place in MVP race? Wink

Another classy body shamming comment. I mean, 99% of all Americans look like they ate everyone's lunch. Being over weright IS the American way isn't it? That and being jerks towards other people you don't even know.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 07/19/17 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
ClayK wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

Another classy body shamming comment. I mean, 99% of all Americans look like they ate everyone's lunch. Being over weright IS the American way isn't it? That and being jerks towards other people you don't even know.

Agreed. What does it say about people who need to indulge in public shaming? I'll bet that the vast majority of those who post on RebKell have at some point been the target of such ugliness, whether because of our weight, something else about our appearance, or whatever. I certainly have.

PostPosted: 07/19/17 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

You called Vickie Johnson a "pile of shit" the other day, not to mention referring to the entire Liberty roster as "shitty" awhile back. Is that your idea of being classy? And suggesting that 99% of Americans are overweight and jerks, even though you clearly don't know anywhere near all 323.1 million of us, isn't that itself an example of being a jerk toward people you don't know?

PostPosted: 07/19/17 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

You called Vickie Johnson a "pile of shit" the other day, not to mention referring to the entire Liberty roster as "shitty" awhile back. Is that your idea of being classy? And suggesting that 99% of Americans are overweight and jerks, even though you clearly don't know anywhere near all 323.1 million of us, isn't that itself an example of being a jerk toward people you don't know?

I called her a pile of shit of a coach because she has been a shitty coach. I don't remember insulting her as a person at all. Try again

pilight

PostPosted: 07/19/17 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

I called her a pile of shit of a coach because she has been a shitty coach. I don't remember insulting her as a person at all. Try again

And that makes it classy?

PostPosted: 07/19/17 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
ClayK wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

If only we could all learn to have your civility and class.

Queenie

PostPosted: 07/19/17 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think anyone's going to be right on this one, so let's focus on the game, okay?

PostPosted: 07/19/17 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
ClayK wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

LOL you crying about class, you're such a hypocrite!

blaase22

PostPosted: 07/19/17 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

And that makes it classy?

She/he thinks calling people bitches even a dead woman is okay! But how dare someone make fun of a sun's player's weight!

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 07/19/17 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know all the history here and I have no desire to defend anything awful that Ay Mate or anyone else has said. But it would certainly be nice if each person who joins this discussion, as one part of their statement, would say: body shaming is wrong and ugly. Period.

ClayK, someone who's posted many statements that I respect, made a terrible, gratuitous attack on Danielle Adams that had nothing to do with basketball. I'm not a fan of the Connecticut Sun. I have no special loyalty to Danielle Adams. But no one here should engage in body shaming. Not ClayK. Not Ay Mate. Not me. No one.

PostPosted: 07/19/17 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For professional athletes their bodies are fair game IMO. Especially if their bodies effect their perfomance like Adams.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/19/17 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Their bodies are fair game when discussing in context to performance and player value. Not in gratuitous terms such as comparing the player's size to the lunch that every kid in the arena had today.

And you never know who reads this board. It's well known in the women's basketball community.

Would have also been nice if Ay Mate hadn't generalized a large group of Americans based on one sentence from a person who might regret the statement upon reflection, even though I understand why people would rightfully be offended or bothered by it.

PostPosted: 07/19/17 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
That and being jerks towards other people you don't even know.

This is absolutely hilarious coming from you...

PostPosted: 07/19/17 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will almost surely fail here, but I'm going to keep trying to make this discussion about body shaming and not about the history of personal animosities between different people active in this board.

Thank you, NYL_WNBA_COM, for your valuable comments on this issue.

PostPosted: 07/19/17 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

*sigh*

No. We're not going to turn this into a thread about body shaming, and we're not going to turn this into a thread about personal animosities. We're not going to do any of these things.

If anyone wants to start another thread in which the actual game is talked about, go right ahead. If anyone feels like continuing to stir the same shit in a hypothetical new thread, well, there are solutions to that too.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: