Lynx
90%
 90%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 21

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/17/17 5:07 pm    ::: Re: Oh Come On! Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

You could rest Taurasi a couple times during the wnba season to keep her fresh for the playoffs or you could do what Reeve does with Whalen and only play her 24 minutes per game. Problem is that the Mercury will lose that way and the Lynx dont with their deep bench..

PHX guard depth isn't deep? They have myrtle's fluffy bunny, who seems like she's having a possibly career year, and Turner, who I'm tempted to talk deal. Talbot resembles a guard, and is on pilight's ROY noms. Currie has guard capabilities. Seems kind of deep to me.

Yes because those players average the same kind of numbers as Taurasi Rolling Eyes The dropoff from Whalen to Montgomery is a lot less then from Taurasi to Turner or FLB offensively. Also the Mercury have 2 big scoring options in Griner and Taurasi and then a lot of role players. When you take Taurasi off the floor for long stretches then its very easy to focus all your defensive attention on Griner and let the rest beat you.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 07/17/17 7:37 pm    ::: Re: Oh Come On! Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

You could rest Taurasi a couple times during the wnba season to keep her fresh for the playoffs or you could do what Reeve does with Whalen and only play her 24 minutes per game. Problem is that the Mercury will lose that way and the Lynx dont with their deep bench..

PHX guard depth isn't deep? They have myrtle's fluffy bunny, who seems like she's having a possibly career year, and Turner, who I'm tempted to talk deal. Talbot resembles a guard, and is on pilight's ROY noms. Currie has guard capabilities. Seems kind of deep to me.

Yes because those players average the same kind of numbers as Taurasi Rolling Eyes The dropoff from Whalen to Montgomery is a lot less then from Taurasi to Turner or FLB offensively. Also the Mercury have 2 big scoring options in Griner and Taurasi and then a lot of role players. When you take Taurasi off the floor for long stretches then its very easy to focus all your defensive attention on Griner and let the rest beat you.

What's the dropoff from Whalen to Taurasi?

When you can get 18 pts from a "role player", I don't think you're hurting too bad.

Next excuse...

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 07/17/17 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 07/17/17 7:40 pm    ::: Re: Oh Come On! Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
When you take Taurasi off the floor for long stretches then its very easy to focus all your defensive attention on Griner and let the rest beat you.

What's the dropout from Whalen to Taurasi?

When you can get 18 pts from a "role player", I don't think you're hurting too bad.

Next excuse...

The Mercury went 20-14 in 2015 that way. Smile

mercfan3

PostPosted: 07/17/17 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
In fairness, when Gregg Popovich does stuff like this, he's a genius.

Right..No reason for DT to be playing in this game. It can only lead to something bad. Laughing

edit: I actually think the Merc has pretty good guard depth too. Robinson, FLB, and Turner aren't Taurasi..but they are very very good players. Turner is something else..

PostPosted: 07/18/17 4:43 pm    ::: Re: Oh Come On! Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

What's the dropoff from Whalen to Taurasi?

Next excuse...

Laughing You are funny. Before the season everybody was saying that the Mercury had one the weakest benches if not the weakest in the league and now all of a sudden they have a deep bench Rolling Eyes

The Mercury go as far as Griner and Taurasi can drag them. Simple as that.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
SCook

PostPosted: 07/18/17 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
They were going to lose to the Lynx anyway

That would be a terrible attitude if in fact it was part of the reasoning.
The team with the older legs should be the ones worrying about the return matchup, especially when they're the ones who have flown twice, to Phoenix's once.
The Mercury have an irrationally large fear of the Lynx, and crap like this only serves to reinforce it IMO.

She had better not be participating in a meaningless All Star game if she's going to bail on a real game.

But you know she will. It'll probably be the same as 2014. She starts, they want her to shoot, she hits or miss, and then tells Reeve she wants to sit on the bench for the rest of the game. It's not like she can bail out of it to be honest. The fans voted her in there and she just became the League's leading scorer.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: