45%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

Nerd2

PostPosted: 07/16/17 3:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Peterson now 3 FGA, 2 BA Laughing

Jenny waits two minutes too long to call the TO.

I liked Peterson in college but this is just throwing her to the wolves. They'd be better off having Clark run the point for a few minutes to give Sue a break if Quinn is not available.

I do like the idea of giving her a chance for redemption after the initial horror stretch of the 1st quarter.

Huh. I was thinking Sami must be hurt, but she finally gets in there Smile

No, Quinn was hurt. Jenny will sub out KML for Clark because she wants KML's ability to post up.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 07/16/17 3:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I actually liked the idea of giving Peterson minutes if you think she could be part of your future. She has to play sometime. But man did it not work. And it creates a problem because Quinn's size allowed them to play small wings like Whitcomb more, then cross-match on D. If Peterson's the backup PG instead, you're incredibly small on the perimeter if your wings are two of Loyd/Whitcomb/KML.

Boucek seemed to want to shake up her rotation and then got a little lost. There was a quick stretch late in the half where Bird, Loyd and Stewart were all on the bench together. That should never happen outside of garbage time.

No she didn't get lost I sit right by the darn bench and hear a lot of the conversation. She had Clark ready to go in for Loyd when Stewie got her third foul and she didn't have any time so she just got someone in quick. Bird came in 30 seconds later so it was only that long. Peterson came in because they are trying hard to give Bird time off. The timing - end of 1st and 3rd quarters - allowed Bird to play the whole 4th and look relatively fresh unlike last game. She didn't have a really good turn, that's for sure. Boucek seems pretty high on matchups which is why some of the combinations seem less efficient on paper.

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/16/17 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've always sort of liked Carolyn Swords and have nothing against her, but her line in this game was pretty frightening:

8:36, no points, no rebounds, no assists. But she did miss a shot, commit a foul and turn the ball over twice.

PostPosted: 07/16/17 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Swords situation is a cautionary tales that explains why teams are reluctant to make trades even if they seem to make perfect sense. One could see the logic of the deal when it was done, but for whatever reason, Swords isn't getting any minutes and is having her worst WNBA season. Some players benefit from a change of address while others don't seem to work out at all. The outcome of trade is almost as unpredictable as the college draft.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/16/17 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I continue to be baffled on Swords' decline since joining the Storm. She had her spot with New York and knew what to do even though she saw limited minutes. She worked so well with Charles and I'll continue to say she's one of the best at the pick-and-roll. I just think it's a case of being on the wrong team & under the wrong system/coach. Hopefully Swords can get herself out of Seattle and onto a team that can fully utilize her.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 07/16/17 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Most players are system players

PostPosted: 07/16/17 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

This begs the question - couldn't the people who aren't basement dwellers have been smart enough to foresee the problem Swords might have in adjusting to Seattle's system?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/16/17 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:

This begs the question - couldn't the people who aren't basement dwellers have been smart enough to foresee the problem Swords might have in adjusting to Seattle's system?
'

Its not offensively were the problems are with Swords. She gets probably the most fouls in the least amount of minutes in this league. Thats the reason why she cant stay on the floor. Also she and Tokashiki arent a good combination of the bench. Both of them foulmachines. Boucek tried to change that with playing Swords more with Stewart

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: