23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Liberty
76%
 76%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 17

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 07/14/17 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Given how the Liberty players have been doing lately, what reason is there to believe that any other WNBA team would want to acquire anyone on the roster other than Tina Charles?

PostPosted: 07/14/17 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And honestly the Sky have looked very good in their past three wins. So much for them tanking.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 07/14/17 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some stats from tonight: New York outrebounded Chicago, 49 to 34. (19 for Tina Charles). New York had 20 free throws, made only 12. Chicago had four free throws, made them all.

It's not easy to lose a game when you outrebound the other team by 15 and get 16 more free throws. But it can be done.

PostPosted: 07/14/17 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, first you have to miss eight of those free throws.

Then you have to have multiple offensive rebound opportunities that turn into nothing but defensive rebound opportunities.

Then you have to not actually be able to figure out what the fuck your offense is.

I love my team. I really, really do. But goddamn if we aren't the goddamn dumbest team in the league sometimes.

(now with spelling variations)
LibFan25

PostPosted: 07/14/17 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Thinking maybe its time to shake some things up in the new york backcourt? Prince for Sims & 1st Rounder? Or Prince For Plum? Sugar For Plum ? One of them has to go imo

they should get rid of Prince, never was a fan of hers, never was a fan of the trade. Sugar can stay due to the play on the defense end she plays hard

its depressing and sad watching this team but in the back of my mind saying good cuz it will most likely be some changes coming in the future

toad455

PostPosted: 07/14/17 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This hurt us the most:

Prince: 2-8
Rodgers: 4-17
FT: 12-20

And I wonder why Raincock has been shoved to the end of the bench?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 07/14/17 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
This hurt us the most:

Not just NRE (DNP), Stokes - 9 minutes; Hatley 2m. IIRC - these were players getting much more time when the team was winning. The Liberty doghouse has lots of rooms.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 07/14/17 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
This hurt us the most:

Not just NRE (DNP), Stokes - 9 minutes; Hatley 2m. IIRC - these were players getting much more time when the team was winning. The Liberty doghouse has lots of rooms.

I think you're making far too much of a brief winning streak. In the games since in which those players had minutes, they didn't play well. In my view, that four-game streak now looks like a lovely fluke. Do you think the team would do much better in the next five or 10 games if Raincock-Ekunwe, Stokes, and Hartley got big minutes? I don't.

And, to be clear, I'm certainly not suggesting that they are the only players on the team who haven't been playing well.

PostPosted: 07/14/17 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting part of post game where Bill talked about them being tight and not having fun. This is where the leadership aspect or lack thereof comes into play unfortunately. But yes they looked tighter than tight.

PostPosted: 07/14/17 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I listened to the rest of the post. Bill mentioned the lack of pace, which I think is significant. And it stems from the fact that Piph is not a point guard in the sense of pushing pace to create for others. Sugar is fast but her handle and passing in the open floor still aren't good. And Boyd, who could create tempo, is hurt. Her loss is huge for that reason.

PostPosted: 07/14/17 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to the Sky on another victory! I can see them getting into the playoffs now and getting a lower draft pick and selecting Mercedes Russell since they really like having centers! Wink Laughing

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 07/14/17 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Prince and 2nd round pick in 18 to Dallas for K. Davis
Vaughn and 3rd round pick in 18 to Chicago for Boyette

trying to keep it slightly realistic

Zellous/L. Allen
Rodgers/Hartley
K. Davis/R. Allen
Charles/Raincock-Ekunwe/Zahui B
Boyette/Stokes

Get younger, bigger and more athletic, give an opportunity to shine to players not being used by their own team, shake things up. Stokes can still get starter minutes off the bench if Imani is flailing.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/14/17 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about a simple one? Zahui for Boyette. Disappointment for disappointment. Chicago gets a player that better fits its system. Libs get a desperately needed rim protector who maybe could be taught how to play inside by people who run an inside-oriented system.

PostPosted: 07/14/17 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I considered that but Zahui B IMO has had such a rough season that her trade value is nill ATM, Boyette is 6'7" and has proven she can be a legit rim protector, so she get a little more leeway with her rough season. Vaugh at least has been consistent, and could be a nice back up to Dolson for Chicago off the bench, and a veteran presence, she has also played with Dolson and Pondexter before so she might be easier to incorporate.

Also I'm kind of bouncing of (the possibly) incorrect theory that the team was better when Prince and Vaughn were over-seas. Even though I do believe that could have just been coincidence.

Also I think Laimbeer could do wonders for Boyette and Davis.

Last edited by J-Spoon on 07/14/17 11:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/14/17 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Randy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
This hurt us the most:

I think you're making far too much of a brief winning streak. In the games since in which those players had minutes, they didn't play well. In my view, that four-game streak now looks like a lovely fluke. Do you think the team would do much better in the next five or 10 games if Raincock-Ekunwe, Stokes, and Hartley got big minutes? I don't.

And, to be clear, I'm certainly not suggesting that they are the only players on the team who haven't been playing well.

I agree. I think what's happening now...given the disappointing performances of a number of players...would have been inevitable with or without Piph and Kia. There's "team" things that need fixing that go beyond one or two individuals.

PostPosted: 07/14/17 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Zellous/L. Allen
Rodgers/Hartley
K. Davis/R. Allen
Boyette/Stokes

Get younger, bigger and more athletic, give an opportunity to shine to players not being used by their own team, shake things up. Stokes can still get starter minutes off the bench if Imani is flailing.

Z can't be a full time PG. She's not able to function that way beyond a limited number of offensive sets.

PostPosted: 07/14/17 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Zellous/L. Allen
Rodgers/Hartley
K. Davis/R. Allen
Boyette/Stokes

Z can't be a full time PG. She's not able to function that way beyond a limited number of offensive sets.

I prefer when she runs the offense to when Prince does it. I'd be fine giving Hartley and Allen more opportunity at the spot and let Zellous start there and back up Davis at the 3.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/14/17 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I considered that but Zahui B IMO has had such a rough season that her trade value is nill ATM, Boyette is 6'7" and has proven she can be a legit rim protector, so she get a little more leeway with her rough season. Vaugh at least has been consistent, and could be a nice back up to Dolson for Chicago off the bench, and a veteran presence, she has also played with Dolson and Pondexter before so she might be easier to incorporate.

Also I'm kind of bouncing of (the possibly) incorrect theory that the team was better when Prince and Vaughn were over-seas. Even though I do believe that could have just been coincidence.

Also I think Laimbeer could do wonders for Boyette and Davis.

Good points. The Boyette part might work if you're willing in effect to concede the season.

PostPosted: 07/14/17 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Zellous/L. Allen
Rodgers/Hartley
K. Davis/R. Allen
Boyette/Stokes

I prefer when she runs the offense to when Prince does it. I'd be fine giving Hartley and Allen more opportunity at the spot and let Zellous start there and back up Davis at the 3.

I like when she runs the offense too. But she's a change of pace right now, which is part of why it works. She's also being guarded by SFs. Guard her with PGs who get into her dribble, you'll likely see different outcomes.

PostPosted: 07/14/17 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe the Libs should see if they could get Swords back?

sigur3

PostPosted: 07/14/17 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
How about a simple one? Zahui for Boyette. Disappointment for disappointment. Chicago gets a player that better fits its system. Libs get a desperately needed rim protector who maybe could be taught how to play inside by people who run an inside-oriented system.

J-Spoon wrote:

Come on guys...

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 07/14/17 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm pretty bummed right now, tonight was the first time I though maybe the lottery wouldn't be the worst the thing. If NY is in the lottery they are pretty much going to get #4, #3 if they are lucky because there two year record will be really good compared to the other teams but

I wouldn't hate the idea of adding Deshields or K. Mitchell we would at least have that one on one scorer who might be able to take over some games on the offense end that we lack at the moment, or we add G. Williams as our new SF which would also be pretty awesome.

Out of the lottery I'm still thinking Canada for speed and scoring (Even if Boyd comes back is she a starter?) or if we want size Billings or Russell, but the lottery options seem like a much better solution to what i see as the biggest problem this team has which is scoring and athleticism.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 07/14/17 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

J-Spoon wrote:

Come on guys...

Yeah I know, but your coach isn't playing Boyette, and Vaughn could probably deliver more than Boyette is being given the opportunity to. Plus we're desperate.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 07/14/17 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

and Pondexter while were at it. J/K...I think.

Queenie

PostPosted: 07/15/17 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

and Pondexter while were at it. J/K...I think.

Nope. Nope. Nope, nope, nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope

(now with spelling variations)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: