RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEF34

PostPosted: 07/08/17 12:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
It doesn't take much for a star athlete to qualify for student status. Back in 2005, USC quarterback Matt Leinart rather famously took only one class to stay in school -- ballroom dancing. Smile

Basketball is different than football because it covers 2 semesters, and in his case he needed 1 class or 2 credits to graduate so the ballroom dancing class fulfilled his requirements. If she needed one class to graduate and only took one class in the Fall, once the fall semester was over she would no longer be eligible to play unless she entered another degree program for a bachelor's, minor or master's. If an athlete needs less than what is required of a full time student to graduate in there last semester or quarter they do not have to take a full time student course load. In football, or other fall sports during the fall semester or quarter they could take less than a full time student course load and be eligible to play the entire season, but because basketball goes into the spring semester/winter quarter and spring quarter, they would also have to be students during those semester/quarters and if they used the reasoning they only needed 1 class in the fall to fulfill their graduation requirements, they could not just take 1 class during the spring semester/winter quarter/spring semester to finish out the season, they would have to work toward another degree. If a basketball player or athlete whose sport went into the spring semester/winter/spring quarter only needed one or two class to fulfill their graduation requirements they could take one or two classes during that last semester and still be eligible to play.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/11/17 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aerial Powers injured her ankle in practice and will miss 2-4 more weeks

PostPosted: 07/11/17 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Refreshed Liz Cambage benefits from time out of basketball

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/19966650/refreshed-liz-cambage-benefits-time-basketball

Quote:
"I definitely do want to be back in the WNBA next year," Cambage tells ESPN

PostPosted: 07/11/17 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Exactly the position they need. Dallas could be a powerhouse next year.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/11/17 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Refreshed Liz Cambage benefits from time out of basketball

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/19966650/refreshed-liz-cambage-benefits-time-basketball

Quote:
"I definitely do want to be back in the WNBA next year," Cambage tells ESPN

Omg say it aint soooo #TitleContender?

PostPosted: 07/11/17 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage returns, and (to be less controversial) they use their draft pick on Deshields

Diggins/Chong
A. Gray/Deshields/Powers
Christmas/A. Davis
GloJo/Plaisance/Thorton
Cambage/Paris

and they still have their second and third round picks in a deep draft or can stick with Akhator or Lewis if they prefer.

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/12/17 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We'll see what she says next April.
I'm not from Missouri, but still 'show me'.

- Amanda Gorman
Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/12/17 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

If Diggins Glory and Cambage all can get along Surprised

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 07/12/17 1:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Cambage returns, and (to be less controversial) they use their draft pick on Deshields

Diggins/Chong
A. Gray/Deshields/Powers
Christmas/A. Davis
GloJo/Plaisance/Thorton
Cambage/Paris

and they still have their second and third round picks in a deep draft or can stick with Akhator or Lewis if they prefer.

You listed 12 players, so there's no room for others than your first round pick, unless you were suggesting Shaqator and Lewis over Plaisance and Thornton. Based on this year's results, that's not looking too realistic.

If DeShields is the best available at their pick, then they should pull the trigger. But even with the addition of Cambage, I do think the post is still more of a weakness than the perimeter. Are Plaisance and Thornton irreplaceable?

They seem to going away from Chong. Now she's like 5 mpg and an insurance policy. I'm not sure if that means they're unhappy with her? She seemed fairly competent early on.

Powers played PF in college, whereas Davis (Kaela not Antonio) was a SG, so I'd swap how you have them slotted. Powers a third stringer behind younger players? I wonder how that would play out?

I still say they should explore what they can get for Christmas to loosen up the logjam at those positions, especially if they think they might get DeShields.

Last edited by Shades on 07/12/17 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 07/12/17 1:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Shades wrote:

What makes you think they don't? They got along in 2013. I assume they all want to win a championship.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/12/17 2:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I wish she was still playing," Cambage says of Phillips. "That would have been so fun playing a WNBA season with her, but she's got a coaching role now. She's one of my closest friends and having her around she's always been like a big sister to me on the Opals team."

On her recent visit to Dallas, the team really rolled out the red carpet for Cambage in an effort to show how much they still valued her skills. The Wings also took her on a tour of AT&T Stadium -- home of the Dallas Cowboys -- and had the stadium's giant video board say, "Welcome to Dallas Liz."

"It's really cool what they're doing in Dallas now," Cambage says. "It's a lot of the same people from when the organisation was in Tulsa. It's a lot more professional, it's a lot better. It was a baby organisation when it was in Tulsa. It was really nice to see how well they're doing."

kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 07/12/17 6:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Shades wrote:

What makes you think they don't? They got along in 2013. I assume they all want to win a championship.

maybe she'll come back after the Lynx are too old to contend for a title.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/12/17 6:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Shades wrote:

They all 3 got some big personalities and are not afraid to voice their opinions. Also what ive seen from Diggins (and probably Glory) is that she works her butt off to improve her game and always give it 100% so Cambages lack of a work ethic might rub her the wrong way.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455

PostPosted: 07/12/17 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Diggins/Chong
A. Gray/Deshields/Powers
Christmas/A. Davis
GloJo/Plaisance/Thorton
Cambage/Paris

I think Akhator sticks just because of her being the #3 pick. Christmas will be a UFA, so with a healthy Powers & their draft pick (#5/#6), do they let Christmas go?

PG: Diggins/Chong
SG: Gray/DeSheilds
SF: Powers/Davis/Thornton
PF: Johnson/Plaisance/Akhator
C: Cambage/Paris

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/12/17 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Diggins/Chong
A. Gray/Deshields/Powers
Christmas/A. Davis
GloJo/Plaisance/Thorton
Cambage/Paris

I think Akhator sticks just because of her being the #3 pick. Christmas will be a UFA, so with a healthy Powers & their draft pick (#5/#6), do they let Christmas go?

PG: Diggins/Chong
SG: Gray/DeSheilds
SF: Powers/Davis/Thornton
PF: Johnson/Plaisance/Akhator
C: Cambage/Paris

Yes i believe we have no choice. Our Back court is getting pretty stocked and there are not enough posts even with Cambage , Our First 7 or 8 Would be Deadly but then there would be a drop off. Cambage returning spells doom for Karima or Kaela via Trade . Btw NO Thornton is not Irreplaceable either.

PostPosted: 07/12/17 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/goafgang/status/885196041343184903
Quote:

Kendra Davis‏ @IAmKendraDavis
Replying to @goafgang

pray for a trade! Cuz I am! 😂😂
1 reply 0 retweets 1 like

Forreal. She can't flourish there 😒 she barely gets a chance IMO
0 replies 0 retweets 1 like

Kaelas Mom starting that mouth again smh ....

PostPosted: 07/12/17 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe the Wings should tank to guarantee getting DeSheilds?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 07/12/17 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Maybe the Wings should tank to guarantee getting DeSheilds?

Why would they need DD with 4 wings already - Davis, Gray, Christmas, and Powers all about the same size and position. They need a better post at 4 to back up Johnson or 5 if Cambage does what Cambage does (not show up.)

tfan

PostPosted: 07/12/17 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 07/12/17 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NY will gladly take Christmas off of Dalllas' hands as an unrestricted free agent in the off-season. And I bet the Liberty would be willing to trade for K. Davis if the price wasn't too high, L. Allen? our 2nd round draft pick? L. Allen and our 2nd round draft pick? Would Dallas want Zahui B back? Prince and Dallas can throw in their 2nd round draft pick? Vaughn for K. Davis and the Wings 2nd round pick? That could work well, Dallas needs another experienced post and NY could use its first round pick on a post (Billings, Russell) to replace Vaughn, and has a couple of 2nd rounder to experiment with.

tfan

PostPosted: 07/12/17 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Karima Christmas says that DJ Poison Ivy plays music when they are warming up on game day.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lKc4gv54wzU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/13/17 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
NY will gladly take Christmas off of Dalllas' hands as an unrestricted free agent in the off-season. And I bet the Liberty would be willing to trade for K. Davis if the price wasn't too high, L. Allen? our 2nd round draft pick? L. Allen and our 2nd round draft pick? Would Dallas want Zahui B back? Prince and Dallas can throw in their 2nd round draft pick? Vaughn for K. Davis and the Wings 2nd round pick? That could work well, Dallas needs another experienced post and NY could use its first round pick on a post (Billings, Russell) to replace Vaughn, and has a couple of 2nd rounder to experiment with.

The only trade that even seemed fair or logical was the Vaughn for K.Davis & 2nd rd pick . But you kind of answered your own statement , We need to dump off our guards for a good post but theres (Aja,Mercedes, Monique, Possibly Teirra M & Gabby coming out of this draft. We have Liz Coming back next season were not hurting at any position at the moment i foresee the line up of

Diggins
A. Gray
A.Powers
Glory Johnson
Liz Cambage

Bench

DDD/Aja/Gabby/K.Mitch *1 of these 4*
Paris
Plaissaince
Kaela Davis *Barring Trade*
K. Thornton
S. Chong
B. Lewis's Replacement

PostPosted: 07/13/17 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The chances of Cambage playing a single game next season for dallas is less than 25%.Injury,trade,exclusive contract with overseas team,and change of heart are all potential obstacles.The long layoff,and Liz's injury history has me concerned.Is she in good enough condition to play a full wnbl season without getting hurt ?..Liz also makes it clear that she wants to play in the wnba again,but not necessarily in dallas.I won't get my hopes up on Liz joining the wings until she makes a verbal commitment,and signs a contract.

Whether Liz shows up or not,acquiring a young starting center with some size should be high on the wings priority list.Dallas should have offered the #4 pick & player to chicago for Dolson & Quigley before the 2017 draft.

Randy

PostPosted: 07/13/17 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is a bit ironic that DeShields is campaigning to get drafted by the Wings while Davis' Tweeter Mom prays for her to get traded. (Based only on her choice of apparel at the recent Dream game Wilson may prefer a Dallas address next season as well.)

wnbashockballa

PostPosted: 07/13/17 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
It is a bit ironic that DeShields is campaigning to get drafted by the Wings while Davis' Tweeter Mom prays for her to get traded. (Based only on her choice of apparel at the recent Dream game Wilson may prefer a Dallas address next season as well.)

Wilson was there supporting her BFF Gray that why she wore "grays" tip off shirt

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 32 of 36

Jump to: