RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 06/28/17 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If she plays overseas, she's with the Sky. I would then venture to say either Coates or Boyette gets traded before the draft.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
bullsky

PostPosted: 06/28/17 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
bullsky wrote:
It makes no sense for the Sky to trade a player who hasn't played yet after taking her at the #2.

I'm simply asking if we can sign her.

Quote:
Coates’ professional career is on hold, which probably means she won’t play in the current WNBA season, but it shouldn’t be long before she’s back on the court.

Staley said Coates is probably out for this season, which matches what Chicago Sky coach Amber Stock told The State in May. The Sky knew all along the injury may be severe enough that Coates would miss the entire year, but were clearly comfortable going forward, gambling that one year would pay off in a long career.

Staley said Coates is planning to play overseas in the fall.

The 6-foot-4 center still carried a sizable strawberry on her right ankle as she limped through the basketball offices, but the limp is actually a good thing, Staley said. Coates no longer needs a boot or crutch to get around.

If she's playing overseas, she can't reenter the draft, so they can wait until February to sign her. It's a little bit of a gamble if she changes her mind about playing overseas. Any reason why she wouldn't want to go to Chicago? Looks like they could use her from the looks of Boyette's disappointing season.

Ah, thanks. That answers my question!

I see no reason as to why Coates would want to hurt the Sky like that. They took her when she was injured. That would be some really bad karma...

PostPosted: 06/28/17 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
bullsky wrote:
http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-womens-basketball/article158298004.html

So it appears that Coates won't play this season. Not a huge shocker. I know many have mentioned she could hold out and re-enter 2018. Personally, I'm not sure why on Earth one would do that, but anyways. If the Sky do stay near the bottom of the standings, would it be smart for them to sign Coates so that she can't hold out? I know it would be a useless signing but at some point, keep Coates' rights trumps keeping Harris, who will be gone next season anyways.

Thoughts?

Does the player have to consent to the signing ?

It's not a signing until the player signs

PostPosted: 06/28/17 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if Chicago will admit that they made a mistake with letting Pokey Chatman go. With the players they have on the roster, there is no reason for their record to be this bad besides the coach. Even without Elena, they should be in the middle of the pack at least 6th or 7th.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/28/17 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree.

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/28/17 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pokey ain't all that great but Amber may be worse. I don't think a new coach is a bad idea, but maybe the one they picked was the bad idea. On the other hand, who knows, she may learn on the job. It was a bit hilarious today watching her randomly throw lineups out onto the floor.

- Amanda Gorman
sigur3

PostPosted: 06/28/17 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Pokey ain't all that great but Amber may be worse. I don't think a new coach is a bad idea, but maybe the one they picked was the bad idea. On the other hand, who knows, she may learn on the job. It was a bit hilarious today watching her randomly throw lineups out onto the floor.

It's been more than just today...

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/28/17 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

People that always demand that a coach should be fired never and I mean NEVER offer up a better candidate to be the new head coach. Laughing

PostPosted: 06/28/17 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
myrtle wrote:

People that always demand that a coach should be fired never and I mean NEVER offer up a better candidate to be the new head coach. Laughing

They had a better coach but they decided to go in a different direction. I am quite sure they had candidates with more experience.

sigur3

PostPosted: 06/28/17 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
myrtle wrote:

They had a better coach but they decided to go in a different direction. I am quite sure they had candidates with more experience.

They did. Those candidates did not want to coach for them.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/08/17 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky owner battling odds trying to develop successful WNBA model

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/ct-sky-wnba-future-spt-0709-20170707-story.html

Quote:
Alter said the Sky have not broken even financially since he invested but he expects to do so in the next year or two

PostPosted: 07/11/17 7:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Epps in ‘rare air’ as WNBA rookie and working hard to stay there

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/ex-cats/article160605749.html

Quote:
“I spent my 22nd birthday in Los Angeles, I’ve traveled to Minnesota, San Antonio, Texas; places I didn’t expect to be traveling at age 22,” Epps said.

PostPosted: 07/11/17 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So any word on coates ? Any updates ? Still kind of funky to me that she hasnt signed but her twitter indicates shes with the sky ....

PostPosted: 07/11/17 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
So any word on coates ? Any updates ? Still kind of funky to me that she hasnt signed but her twitter indicates shes with the sky ....

She's not playing this year. Started rehab about a month ago.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/11/17 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

She's out for the season but has signed on to play overseas this winter. Sky will retain her rights. Curious what the Sky do with her. A trade is likely, but just a matter if it's her or Boyette that gets traded.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/11/17 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Shes still eligible to re-enter the draft ? or does her playing overseas void that notion ?

PostPosted: 07/11/17 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Shes still eligible to re-enter the draft ? or does her playing overseas void that notion ?

Her playing overseas has voided her re-entering the draft.

Randy

PostPosted: 07/11/17 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

She's out for the season but has signed on to play overseas this winter. Sky will retain her rights. Curious what the Sky do with her. A trade is likely, but just a matter if it's her or Boyette that gets traded.

Dream have 3 wings now (Hayes, Sykes and Holmes.) If Angel comes back that's 4. Trade say Holmes for Boyette?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/11/17 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Dream have 3 wings now (Hayes, Sykes and Holmes.) If Angel comes back that's 4. Trade say Holmes for Boyette?

Im starting to believe if or When angel comes back she wont be suiting up for ATL. Shocked

PostPosted: 07/11/17 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel to Chicago for Boyette & Faulkner?

Shades

PostPosted: 07/11/17 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Just keep Holmes and draft Russell. You'll be way ahead of the game.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/11/17 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Her playing overseas would remove that option. As far as I know she hasn't actually signed anything yet, plus she has to actually be healthy enough to play. It's still up in the air.

She would be the first person to ever exercise their right to re-enter the WNBA draft. But, as they say, there's a first time for everything.

PostPosted: 07/11/17 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Angel to Chicago for Boyette & Faulkner?

done

pilight

PostPosted: 07/11/17 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Her playing overseas would remove that option. As far as I know she hasn't actually signed anything yet, plus she has to actually be healthy enough to play. It's still up in the air.

Does she have to actually play to be ineligible or is just signing enough to do it?

PostPosted: 07/11/17 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Does she have to actually play to be ineligible or is just signing enough to do it?

Sad to say im really starting to believe Coates re-Entering the draft could be the best situation for her to have a positive outcome. Chicago is just as messy as San Antonio

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 22 of 28

Jump to: