RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Player of the Week
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDHoops

PostPosted: 06/27/17 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I would say Alyssa Thomas was more deserving last week. Maybe a makeup call? Anyway, she's still averaging a very nice 17.5 ppg during the month of June. #POM

Nice try...she wouldn't even be the POM candidate from her own team and if you run the stats from just June alone, there are like 10 ppl ahead of her in various categories.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/27/17 4:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Way overdue for Alyssa Thomas, just like it was Jonquel Jones.

Alyssa is thriving at the 4. Too bad there's such a logjam there when the others get healthy.

She can just play the SF the same way she plays PF. They have enough three point shooters in the other players.

She replaces a good 3pointshooter in Stricklen if she goes back to SF. Also i dont expect Jasmine Thomas to average such a good 3p% next season. Williams is also a better midrange shooter then 3pointshooter.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/27/17 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:

Way to go Diggins-Smith, Thomas has been balling as well.

Last three games - 16 and 6, 30 and 5, 15 and 9. Shooting better than 50%. 20 assists, 5 turnovers. Hope the poster who claimed Diggins-Smith had "something to prove on the floor this year" is satisfied.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 06/27/17 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

Last three games - 16 and 6, 30 and 5, 15 and 9. Shooting better than 50%. 20 assists, 5 turnovers. Hope the poster who claimed Diggins-Smith had "something to prove on the floor this year" is satisfied.

It wasn't a "claim" just a statement of fact. When talking about the best guards this year, then "on the floor this year" is where it's proven. NOTE: Maya Moore is not currently in the conversation for MVP THIS year.

Skylar and Chelsea Gray are the two best young PG's in the league. MoJeff is on their heels, but it's hard to get consideration when the team's not winning any games. Odyssey Sims can join the top if Chelsea spends more time at the 2 due to her league leading 3 pt shooting. Skylar's combination of shooting, assists, A/TO make her the best PG in the league right now. Better than Bird or Whalen. Time for a changing of the guard? Birdie & Whay: the ball's in your court now.

~rAf
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 06/28/17 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

Well deserved for Sky and AT

I'm not sure what's changed, but Sky and Glory seem to be clicking much better on the court Shocked

Coincidence that the Wings picked up arguably their best win of the season with Fred gone Twisted Evil

lynxmania

PostPosted: 07/05/17 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Connecticut’s Thomas And Los Angeles’ Parker Named WNBA Players of the Week

Quote:
Guard Jasmine Thomas of the Connecticut Sun and forward-center Candace Parker of the Los Angeles Sparks today were named the WNBA’s Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played June 26 through July 2.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/05/17 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jasmine Thomas has more POW awards than Breanna Stewart...

PostPosted: 07/06/17 7:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thee different Sun players have won POW consecutively. This is the first time that has ever happened.

PostPosted: 07/06/17 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Thee different Sun players have won POW consecutively. This is the first time that has ever happened.

Well balanced team. Let's bring on the 4th.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/06/17 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Confused

And she has played 5.5 more seasons and 116 more games ...

pilight

PostPosted: 07/06/17 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:

Confused

Yeah, but all of her POW awards have come this season

PostPosted: 07/10/17 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/news/connecticuts-alyssa-thomas-phoenixs-brittney-griner-named-wnba-players-week/

Quote:
Alyssa Thomas of the Connecticut Sun and Brittney Griner of the Phoenix Mercury today were named the WNBA’s Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played July 3-9

PostPosted: 07/10/17 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:

Confused

I think Jasmine Thomas won her first player of the week award at the end of last season. She has one award so far this season.

Congrats to Alyssa Thomas and Brittney Griner for this week's awards! I thought Vandersloot or Clarendon might be recognized. But good for Thomas, she was good in the second half comeback of Saturday's game.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 07/10/17 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Woo Hoo congrats to Alyssa Thomas once again. She's been one of the best players in the WNBA since sliding into the 4 spot.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/10/17 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justinabina wrote:
pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:

Confused

I think Jasmine Thomas won her first player of the week award at the end of last season. She has one award so far this season.

Congrats to Alyssa Thomas and Brittney Griner for this week's awards! I thought Vandersloot or Clarendon might be recognized. But good for Thomas, she was good in the second half comeback of Saturday's game.

I know Vandersloot only played one game, but I don't know how anyone could pick against a player with her line in a win over the league's best team.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 07/10/17 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
justinabina wrote:
pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:

Confused

I know Vandersloot only played one game, but I don't know how anyone could pick against a player with her line in a win over the league's best team.

I'm not sure, but doesn't the league usually go by what a player has done in two or more games played in a single week to determine player of the week and not just one game, no matter how good they were in that game?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/10/17 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
justinabina wrote:
pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:

Confused

I'm not sure, but doesn't the league usually go by what a player has done in two or more games played in a single week to determine player of the week and not just one game, no matter how good they were in that game?

Usually, but not always. If a player is ever going to win for one game, this should be it.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/17/17 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/news/chicagos-dolson-seattles-stewart-named-wnba-players-week/

Quote:
Stefanie Dolson of the Chicago Sky and Breanna Stewart of the Seattle Storm today were named the WNBA’s Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played July 10-16.

PostPosted: 07/17/17 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
http://www.wnba.com/news/chicagos-dolson-seattles-stewart-named-wnba-players-week/

Quote:
Stefanie Dolson of the Chicago Sky and Breanna Stewart of the Seattle Storm today were named the WNBA’s Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played July 10-16.

Seems from reading other threads that Sky fans think Pondexters deserves Player of the Week for contributing to the recent Sky success.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/17/17 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Seems from reading other threads that Sky fans think Pondexters deserves Player of the Week for contributing to the recent Sky success.

Laughing Nice call

PostPosted: 07/24/17 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Lynx_PR/status/889600108391747584

Sylvia Fowles and Tina Charles named Players of the Week

pilight

PostPosted: 07/24/17 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/news/new-yorks-charles-minnesotas-fowles-named-wnba-players-week/

Quote:
Tina Charles of the New York Liberty and Sylvia Fowles of the Minnesota Lynx today were named the WNBA’s Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played July 17-23.

PostPosted: 07/31/17 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/news/candace-parker-tina-charles-named-wnba-players-week/

Quote:
Tina Charles of the New York Liberty and Candace Parker of the Los Angeles Sparks today were named the WNBA’s Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played July 24-30.

PostPosted: 07/31/17 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How many in a row is that for tina ? It feels like 50 smh the east is really lacking talent this year Embarassed

PostPosted: 07/31/17 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
How many in a row is that for tina ? It feels like 50 smh the east is really lacking talent this year Embarassed

Only two in a row, four this season. Sylvia Fowles has four in the west.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: