RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Diamond leaves Tennessee - what next?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigur3

PostPosted: 06/29/17 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:

cthskzfn wrote:
DeShields' departure is probably the best thing for the Tenn program.

This will be the personification, imo, of the "addition by subtraction" adage.

No kidding. The scuttlebutt on VN is that DD quit the team via a short text, and when asked about telling her former teammates responded that it wasn't her problem. No wonder they haven't expressed any regret at her departure, unlike AMidd's.

I'm totally stunned to hear that Diamond is only concerned about herself.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/29/17 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
At this rate looks like holly will have more players leaving than returning for next season lets count. Diamond , Tea , Alexa , Jordan , Shaq ...Returning Nared , Jackson & Russell . The rest will be freshmen & first time redshirts. #ThatsAllFolks Embarassed

...Dunbar, Harris (but of course YOU won't count them). Cheridene Greene who is an unknown quantity as yet. And four *high-quality* freshmen. Gee, how too bad. /S

You sound just like the "fans on the hill." Why not just go sit with them?

Because you are sitting in my spot , And yeah ill count them but lets see how impactful they are . Fall off the hill btw Rolling Eyes

I am NOT one of them. If you ever read my posts, you know who the "fans on the hill" are...the ones who are never happy, the ones who are always looking for an opportunity to bash Holly no matter what she does. You sound just like them.

I've defended Holly when others haven't, and I'm looking forward to this coming season with interest to see what she'll do with this bunch. DD isn't all that and a bag of chips, no matter what she (or anyone else) thinks, and certainly was just about the most inconsistent thing about the Lady Vols the last couple of years. I defended her for a long time, but no more of that. I finally see that she and Cooper were more than likely the source of the bad chemistry on the team, and perhaps now that they're gone the girls can finally settle down and become a real team. I think Jaime Nared can be a real leader, given the opportunity finally.

Try optimism. You might like it.

you sound like a bitter basement dweller . I dont bash holly every chance i get hell this is actually maybe my 2nd time ever bashing her so sthu already . You like to go on these rants everytime someone disagrees with your thoughts or opinions. Its a board get over yourself no one cares and no we dont like it Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Thanks for making my day

PostPosted: 06/29/17 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

cthskzfn wrote:
DeShields' departure is probably the best thing for the Tenn program.

This will be the personification, imo, of the "addition by subtraction" adage.

No kidding. The scuttlebutt on VN is that DD quit the team via a short text, and when asked about telling her former teammates responded that it wasn't her problem. No wonder they haven't expressed any regret at her departure, unlike AMidd's.

I'm totally stunned to hear that Diamond is only concerned about herself.

And thank you for making my day. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/29/17 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I defended her for a long time, but no more of that. I finally see that she and Cooper were more than likely the source of the bad chemistry on the team, and perhaps now that they're gone the girls can finally settle down and become a real team.

I suppose after two solid years of defending her to the death (actually three, it started during the redshirt year) I assume it is entirely coincidental that the "defending" has come to an abrupt and instantaneous end the moment she removed her orange jersey. Shocked Laughing Laughing

But hey, "no more of that." Now she's a handy excuse for everything bad that happened the past two years. How convenient. Rolling Eyes

Maybe we should have a poll to predict who will get fingered (deservedly or not) as the next Lady Vol scapegoat. My money is on Russell. After all, somebody's got to take the blame off of Holly, right?

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/29/17 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Were you asked for your opinion, Artie? Of course you couldn't resist getting personal and taking a poke at me, could you?

PostPosted: 06/29/17 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guys. Knock it all the way the fuck off with the personal shit.

PostPosted: 06/30/17 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the sake of argument, I'd say that it's highly unlikely that Tennessee will be "better" without DD next season than with her. With her departure, the talent level of the team definitely goes down.

I'd also argue that the most problematic aspect of DD's college career was not her talent and skills, which are high, but the failure of her high talent and skills to be integrated into a coherent team framework. That problem, usually, is a coaching issue.

And if the integration problem has been a coaching issue, then next season Tennessee will simply be an incoherent team with a lower average skill level than the incoherent team they would have been with Diamond.
ClayK

PostPosted: 06/30/17 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
For the sake of argument, I'd say that it's highly unlikely that Tennessee will be "better" without DD next season than with her. With her departure, the talent level of the team definitely goes down.

I'd also argue that the most problematic aspect of DD's college career was not her talent and skills, which are high, but the failure of her high talent and skills to be integrated into a coherent team framework. That problem, usually, is a coaching issue.

And if the integration problem has been a coaching issue, then next season Tennessee will simply be an incoherent team with a lower average skill level than the incoherent team they would have been with Diamond.

Though I am far from a Warlick booster -- I think it's time for Tennessee to move on -- some players are extremely difficult to coach, and DD certainly appears to fall into that category.

Her potential has gotten her many a free pass, but the time will come when she has to actually produce if she wants to continue playing and acting the way she has been playing and acting.

If you're good enough, then the coach must cater to you; but if you're not, then either you change or you play only in Turkey.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 07/03/17 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

How many games did all that DD talent actually win for Tenn? Any big ones?

Better living through "better" chemistry.

PostPosted: 07/03/17 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Agreed. I'm thinking DD and Te'a were some kind of (negative) Batgirl & Robin thang, and BOTH being gone will be a big GAIN. And it's not like their SEC 10-6 record from last season will be that tough to live up to.

PostPosted: 07/03/17 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Agreed. I'm thinking DD and Te'a were some kind of (negative) Batgirl & Robin thang, and BOTH being gone will be a big GAIN. And it's not like their SEC 10-6 record from last season will be that tough to live up to.

I agree, Howee. I'm looking forward to it. I certainly don't see it being worse.

PostPosted: 07/09/17 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spotted On the Dallas wings bench as a spectator right next to coach Fred Williams today vs ATL . hmmmmmm

PostPosted: 07/10/17 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
ddialara göre, Galatasaray Kadın Basketbol Takımı, Tennessee Volunteers forması giyen 22 yaşındaki gard Diamond Deshields’i transfer etmek istiyor.

Geçtiğimiz sezon DeShields'in ortalaması 17.4 sayı, 6.4 ribaund ve 3.8 asist.

https://www.aslanarenasi.com/haber/11158/galatasaray-bir-transferi-daha-bitirmek-uzere.html

Guessing that says Diamond Going to Galatasary Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: