RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

ACC/B1G 2017

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3287
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/17 6:41 pm    ::: ACC/B1G 2017 Reply Reply with quote

Wednesday, Nov. 29

Florida State at Iowa

Maryland at Virginia

Notre Dame at Michigan

Minnesota at North Carolina

Wisconsin at Pittsburgh

Thursday, Nov. 30

Virginia Tech at Illinois

Louisville at Indiana

Michigan State at Miami

Clemson at Nebraska

Northwestern at Syracuse

Ohio State at Duke

Wake Forest at Penn State

Purdue at Georgia Tech

N.C. State at Rutgers



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3287
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/17 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ohio State at Duke. Devilish

The only way it could be more Rich was if Joy Cheek were still on tOSU staff. But she's moved onward (and upward)



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
LibFan25



Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 230
Location: Yonkers, NY


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/17 7:48 pm    ::: Re: ACC/B1G 2017 Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:



Thursday, Nov. 30

Ohio State at Duke





this is the game to watch....Lexie Brown vs Kelsey Mitchell


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4124
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking with interest at VA Tech v. Illinois and figuring the Hokies *ought* to be able to dismantle the Illini, but they're such an unknown quantity.....



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 1076
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 10:52 am    ::: Re: ACC/B1G 2017 Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Wednesday, Nov. 29

Florida State at Iowa

Maryland at Virginia

Notre Dame at Michigan

Minnesota at North Carolina

Wisconsin at Pittsburgh

Thursday, Nov. 30

Virginia Tech at Illinois

Louisville at Indiana

Michigan State at Miami

Clemson at Nebraska

Northwestern at Syracuse

Ohio State at Duke

Wake Forest at Penn State

Purdue at Georgia Tech

N.C. State at Rutgers


These games are a shell of what they would've been ten years ago....even 5 years ago. There are several programs who have just gone downhill in these two conferences.


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 11199



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 11:31 am    ::: Re: ACC/B1G 2017 Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Wednesday, Nov. 29

Florida State at Iowa

Maryland at Virginia

Notre Dame at Michigan

Minnesota at North Carolina

Wisconsin at Pittsburgh

Thursday, Nov. 30

Virginia Tech at Illinois

Louisville at Indiana

Michigan State at Miami

Clemson at Nebraska

Northwestern at Syracuse

Ohio State at Duke

Wake Forest at Penn State

Purdue at Georgia Tech

N.C. State at Rutgers


These games are a shell of what they would've been ten years ago....even 5 years ago. There are several programs who have just gone downhill in these two conferences.


By trying to vary opponents and not having the same teams play each other repeatedly, they've also run out of really good matchups. Other than the oft-mentioned OhSt-Duke, there aren't a lot of really compelling top drawer matchups here. Maryland -UVA might be interesting, and MSU-Miami, but come on, Louisville vs IU?


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4124
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 1:45 pm    ::: Re: ACC/B1G 2017 Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Wednesday, Nov. 29

Florida State at Iowa

Maryland at Virginia

Notre Dame at Michigan

Minnesota at North Carolina

Wisconsin at Pittsburgh

Thursday, Nov. 30

Virginia Tech at Illinois

Louisville at Indiana

Michigan State at Miami

Clemson at Nebraska

Northwestern at Syracuse

Ohio State at Duke

Wake Forest at Penn State

Purdue at Georgia Tech

N.C. State at Rutgers


These games are a shell of what they would've been ten years ago....even 5 years ago. There are several programs who have just gone downhill in these two conferences.


By trying to vary opponents and not having the same teams play each other repeatedly, they've also run out of really good matchups. Other than the oft-mentioned OhSt-Duke, there aren't a lot of really compelling top drawer matchups here. Maryland -UVA might be interesting, and MSU-Miami, but come on, Louisville vs IU?


Indiana, like NC State, has been improving every year. Plus, Louisville -IU could be considered close to an inter-state rivalry, and might be revived away from this challenge should both parties desire. OTOH, NC State-Rutgers is likely to be a blowout, with the Scarlet Knights being the ones blown out.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 43163



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Muffet is too scurred to take on Maryland or Ohio St



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
bucks4now



Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 564



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LOL really look what they did to OSU in the regionals.


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 11199



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Muffet is too scurred to take on Maryland or Ohio St


bucks4now wrote:
LOL really look what they did to OSU in the regionals.



I can't recall when the last time was that Muffet lost to either of those teams.

By the way, ND is undefeated in the ACC/Big10 Challenge since joining the ACC, with wins over Penn State (2013), Maryland (2014), Ohio State (2015) and Iowa (2016)


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 3287
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana returns four players. Not found players with starting experience? Not four players with significant experience. FOUR PLAYERS!

They could still finish in the top half of the league




Louisville will immolate them.



_________________
Free your mind and your ass will follow.
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 11199



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:


Louisville will immolate them.


Very Happy

I like that phrase. Can I use it sometime?

You're right, by the way.


Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 14979
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/29/17 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

aaaaaaaaand Penn State and Purdue's last chance to redeem their schedules went straight down the shitter



_________________
If you can't see, stand up.

If you think it's too loud, you're not loud enough.
ridor



Joined: 18 Oct 2005
Posts: 963
Location: Frederick, Maryland


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/03/17 3:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I admit I was surprised to see Maryland play Virginia in Charlottesville. I think this game may be a mismatch.

R-


PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 13686
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/03/17 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
aaaaaaaaand Penn State and Purdue's last chance to redeem their schedules went straight down the shitter


That schedule should be a fire-able offense for Versyp.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4124
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/03/17 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Queenie wrote:
aaaaaaaaand Penn State and Purdue's last chance to redeem their schedules went straight down the shitter


That schedule should be a fire-able offense for Versyp.


To misquote someone else, it's cupcakes all the way down.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin