Total Votes : 17

zune69

PostPosted: 07/01/17 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Randy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Must wn game for seattle.Six of the storms remaining 20 games are against Minn,Phoe,and LA.

So you're saying 30% of their remaining games are against 27% of their possible opponents? However will they cope? Wink

To be more accurate,6 of the last 18 are against minn,LA,and Phoe.A seattle lost puts them at 6-9.I expect storm to go 1-5 versue the three aforementioned teams.This would give them a 7-14 record Seattle would have to go 10-3 versus all other opponents just to reach .500,highly unlikely.

Last year a 14-20 team could have made the playoff(s). They would have tied with the Sun (14-20) and one of them would have made the playoff(s).

Right. The last couple of spots are going to be a real mess. Indiana, Dallas, Seattle and maybe Atlanta will be battling it out in the .450 range for spots 6-10.

Seattle finishing below .500 would be a huge disappointment.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/02/17 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
We just lost by 20 to a team that i know we could beat in a 5 game series.

Not when Stewart's in beast mode.

The issue from What ive noticed is that she picks and chooses when she wants to play beasty. She was a 1 woman wrecking Against Conn Sun but became invsible in the 4th. Stewie in beast mode or not I still think.my wing's are the better team in a 5 Game series. Our offense was just not there tonight and our defense returned to normal before the win streak. Just piss poor honky tonk bullshit. Our On ball defenders were getting blown by reaching as if they were offering Charmin Tissue To Seattle's Asses From behind. Basically Wing Wipes all Night So frustrating

PostPosted: 07/02/17 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Johnson puts on every night for nothing. She should deman a trade Shocked

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/02/17 5:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
canadaball wrote:
You want incompetence?.....Trading Rene Montgomery for Monica Wright on the day Wright had knee surgery.....drafting KML over players like Williams and Stokes....now into the third year of relying on Clark (tries hard but cannot rebound or score from about 90% of court) with ZERO backup....remember they could have taken Vaughn and Hartley instead of Swords....continuing to ask Lang to rebound and play defense (good luck there)....Now off last night's Phx performance, trading Angel Robinson for Quinn...cutting Krystal Thomas who has found home in Wash.....After unloading players like Tanisha Wright, Little, and Strick, creating a team with zero muscle and defensive intensity. Losing a playoff game to Atlanta (w/o Tiff Hayes, and Sancho) by blowing big half time lead when they could not deal with box and one on Stew.
A loss tonight would pretty much insure that Seattle, a team with 3 All Stars, is out of playoffs with more than half the season left.

Crystal: 9-12, 19p, 7r, highest +/- on the team, and a continuing great pnr game with Bird. Alysha: 4-7, 2-2 from 3, 10p/9r.

I just dont get the hate on Clark. She is our 5th option on offense on the starting line-up so i dont get the CONSTANT whining about her production. She is averaging 8,5 pts on 48% (dont know if yesterdays stats are already included in this %) shooting from the field while averaging only 7 shotattempts per game.

Compare that to our championship year in 2010 with our 'weakest player on offense'. That would be Tanisha Wright. She averaged 9,2 pts on 41% shooting or our 4th option Camille Little who averaged 10,1 pts on 50% shooting. Nobody was hating on those 2 for their offensive production so what's with the constant hate from multiple people on Clark and her scoring..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
blaase22

PostPosted: 07/02/17 6:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
canadaball wrote:
You want incompetence?.....Trading Rene Montgomery for Monica Wright on the day Wright had knee surgery.....drafting KML over players like Williams and Stokes....now into the third year of relying on Clark (tries hard but cannot rebound or score from about 90% of court) with ZERO backup....remember they could have taken Vaughn and Hartley instead of Swords....continuing to ask Lang to rebound and play defense (good luck there)....Now off last night's Phx performance, trading Angel Robinson for Quinn...cutting Krystal Thomas who has found home in Wash.....After unloading players like Tanisha Wright, Little, and Strick, creating a team with zero muscle and defensive intensity. Losing a playoff game to Atlanta (w/o Tiff Hayes, and Sancho) by blowing big half time lead when they could not deal with box and one on Stew.
A loss tonight would pretty much insure that Seattle, a team with 3 All Stars, is out of playoffs with more than half the season left.

Crystal: 9-12, 19p, 7r, highest +/- on the team, and a continuing great pnr game with Bird. Alysha: 4-7, 2-2 from 3, 10p/9r.

I just dont get the hate on Clark. She is our 5th option on offense on the starting line-up so i dont get the CONSTANT whining about her production. She is averaging 8,5 pts on 48% (dont know if yesterdays stats are already included in this %) shooting from the field while averaging only 7 shotattempts per game.

Compare that to our championship year in 2010 with our 'weakest player on offense'. That would be Tanisha Wright. She averaged 9,2 pts on 41% shooting or our 4th option Camille Little who averaged 10,1 pts on 50% shooting. Nobody was hating on those 2 for their offensive production so what's with the constant hate from multiple people on Clark and her scoring..

Probably because on most good teams Clark is like 8th man maybe even 9th and not starting..

zune69

PostPosted: 07/02/17 6:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The issue with Langhorne/Clark is defensive.Playing a undrsized SF alongside a small SG and below average PG is asking for trouble.The problem becomes magnified when you add a undersized center into the equation.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/02/17 7:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
The issue with Langhorne/Clark is defensive.Playing a undrsized SF alongside a small SG and below average PG is asking for trouble.The problem becomes magnified when you add a undersized center into the equation.

Everyone knows that starting 2 PF's in Langhorne and Stewart causes the biggest defensive problem for the Storm. If we had a center like Stokes playing next to Stewart for example then that would already solve almost all our defensive problems including 'so called undersized' Clark.

Quote:
Probably because on most good teams Clark is like 8th man maybe even 9th and not starting..

Same could of been said from Camille Little and Tanisha Wright... They might not start on every team back then. But you need role players on your team who do all the little things and work their butts off.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
ClayK

PostPosted: 07/02/17 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Eye test and advanced metrics say ...

Saniya Chong is more valuable than Kaela Davis. (In fact, Chong's PER is twice that of Davis.)

Those who predicted that prior to the season please raise their hands ...

PostPosted: 07/02/17 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Eye test and advanced metrics say ...

Saniya Chong is more valuable than Kaela Davis. (In fact, Chong's PER is twice that of Davis.)

Those who predicted that prior to the season please raise their hands ...

I will raise my hand on that. I never understood the Davis hype.

PostPosted: 07/02/17 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wasn't high on Davis either going into the draft. I actually think her minutes will disappear once Powers returns.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
myrtle

PostPosted: 07/02/17 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis has outperformed my expectations of her, but then so has Chong. I still think Chong shouldn't be getting as many minutes as she does....and that she does only because they have no other guard on the bench. She plays 'smart' but is limited talent-wise and athletically.

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 07/02/17 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I too was not sold on Davis. Recall saying I hope the Dream don't draft her. Having said that, I think she will end up being one of the best players in this draft and it is early to tell how good or bad any of them are going to be. As for Chong I can't claim to have seen this. I just wish the Dream had drafted her.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/02/17 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I too was not sold on Davis. Recall saying I hope the Dream don't draft her. Having said that, I think she will end up being one of the best players in this draft and it is early to tell how good or bad any of them are going to be. As for Chong I can't claim to have seen this. I just wish the Dream had drafted her.

As of right now there's really only 3 good players that have come out of this draft: Gray, Davis & Sykes.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Nerd2

PostPosted: 07/02/17 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:

As of right now there's really only 3 good players that have come out of this draft: Gray, Davis & Sykes.

That is mainly because they went to teams that had positions for them. It was a weak draft for sure but much of the 1st round ended up being deep bench or worse.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/02/17 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:

That is mainly because they went to teams that had positions for them. It was a weak draft for sure but much of the 1st round ended up being deep bench or worse.

Sykes didn't go to a team that had a place for her. She outplayed Ajavon to earn her minutes. Granted that's not the highest bar in the world, but when a lottery pick can't take time away from Kayla Thornton it's worth mentioning.

PostPosted: 07/02/17 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Johnson puts on every night for nothing. She should deman a trade Shocked

There was quite the interesting rumor in training camp that she had done exactly that after the team traded her bestie Sims. But it magically cleared up the day of the 2nd preseason game.

root_thing

PostPosted: 07/02/17 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:

I think that's generally true. Getting minutes is a large part of success, and those minutes are heavily impacted by the veteran player ahead of you. If you look at Davis' numbers, they're not impressive. For instance, she's shooting .368 overall, and it's worse in the last 10 games (.298). However, she's getting 19 mpg and taking a fair number of shots. So, the 6.9 ppg looks good. Let's see if Davis continues to play once Powers comes back. Chong is in the perfect situation because her conservative tendencies act as a restraint on a team where players can go one-on-one crazy. Her role is to help keep things under control. If you needed Chong to create more, she probably couldn't do it. And we're only talking about offense. When all is said and done, Dallas is still a bad defensive team. Do either of these players defend well enough to get off the bench for a defensive coach -- people like Agler, Reeves or Laimbeer?

PostPosted: 07/02/17 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:

Sykes didn't go to a team that had a place for her. She outplayed Ajavon to earn her minutes. Granted that's not the highest bar in the world, but when a lottery pick can't take time away from Kayla Thornton it's worth mentioning.

Isn't Sykes a starter now, or was that a temporary injury type of thing?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 07/02/17 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:

She started one game. I would guess Clarendon will be back in the starting lineup soon.

PostPosted: 07/02/17 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:

She started one game. I would guess Clarendon will be back in the starting lineup soon.

She started in place of Holmes, not Clarendon. She has been more effective coming off the bench, which is probably easier since she would be playing against the other team's bench players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: