47%
 47%  [ 9 ]
Stars
52%
 52%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 19

ster II

PostPosted: 06/30/17 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Currie's trade will prove liberating to the Stars players and their Coach. Currie was obvi not happy with the teams' play/results, so now the Rookies and young players can show their stuff, try to build on this first victory.
Congrats to VJ!!

bballgrl

PostPosted: 06/30/17 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am so glad the Stars won tonight. It would really be a shame if a team went through the entire season without winning 1 game.

I saw Plumb get yanked out and then she seemed to be standing outside the huddle on several occasions like she didn't belong. Plenty of times when she was wide open she was never given the ball. She got many votes for the All Star game. If she makes it it will be very interesting to see how she does playing with other teammates. I think SA should trade her and give her a chance to play. I don't think there has ever been a #1 pick who has played such a small amount of time. Something is wrong with that picture.

blaase22

PostPosted: 07/01/17 12:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lady Plum shooting 23 percent now.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/01/17 2:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Lady Plum shooting 23 percent now.

Clarendon is shooting 36% from the field and horrible 14 % from behind the arc but everyone is saying that she needs to be an Allstar. Expectations play a big role..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
RavenDog

PostPosted: 07/01/17 6:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
I am so glad the Stars won tonight. It would really be a shame if a team went through the entire season without winning 1 game.

I saw Plumb get yanked out and then she seemed to be standing outside the huddle on several occasions like she didn't belong. Plenty of times when she was wide open she was never given the ball. She got many votes for the All Star game. If she makes it it will be very interesting to see how she does playing with other teammates. I think SA should trade her and give her a chance to play. I don't think there has ever been a #1 pick who has played such a small amount of time. Something is wrong with that picture.

It's not the team...

Chong plays with 5 rookies and a team made up mostly of new players and she's doing fine. The Lady just needs more time...

Last edited by RavenDog on 07/01/17 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 07/01/17 7:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad that the Stars got the W! I feel bad for the Sky but the truth is that San Antonio wasn't really getting blown out by teams, they've just been trying to get over the hump. Between MoJeff, Izzy and the Kaylas, they truly have some warriors on that squad. It'll be interesting to see where they go from here.

tfan

PostPosted: 07/01/17 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Stars had beaten Chicago in the first game where they had a lead late, but lost in overtime, both teams would have the same 2-13 record.

They played an audio of coach VJ saying that the players had been crying after the Minnesota loss. She added that they all came up to her after the game to give her encouragement, but quickly changed "all" to "the majority". Which made me think of the trade and waiver that took place a few days later.

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/01/17 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alex Montgomery had a very nice game -- since she gets criticized a lot, I thought it worthwhile to mention.

Stars outrebounded Sky 31-20, which was the difference in the game. Dolson, Boyette and Parker combined for six rebounds in 50 minutes.

PostPosted: 07/01/17 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought SAS played well last night in spite of VJ's continued wild substitutions which were not as crazy last night as in previous games. If she hasn't figured out a best five by this time hope it will happen soon. I think Currrie must have gotten in VJ's doghouse after playing really well in preseason and early games and then fading away with Montgomery sort of replacing her and then coming back again. SAS has enough talent to win some more games if they get a chance to develop some chemistry.

Angus24

PostPosted: 07/01/17 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking at the Stat sheet I see just 2 players with over 30 minutes and 2 with 29 so that shows progress in my opinion. Plum had 22 minutes with 4 assists and 7 points so things are looking up for her.

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 07/01/17 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:

Yeah, I saw offensive possessions when Plum didn't touch the ball. I saw huddles when she wasn't in the center. I also saw her high-fiving and patting teammates on the back when they came to the bench for timeouts. I saw teammates reciprocate by greeting her with high-fives and pats on the back when she came to the bench for timeouts. I saw her celebrate with teammates on the bench after Harrison's block forced a shot clock violation and then with Harrison herself. Harrison may actually have been laughing at her for whatever she said and how she said it (Kelsey was REALLY excited), but she chuckled while playfully poking Plum in the shoulders. I saw Plum head back to the court after a timeout and then get stopped by a teammate who pointed to the court and explained something. Plum nodded and said, "OK."

I also heard VJ yell at her, "SLOW DOWN!!" when she tried to lead McBride on a fastbreak but airmailed the pass. ("She threw that ball like she threw the t-shirt." Razz )

I think we are all trying to read a lot into what little we are seeing and hearing from the Stars. It seems to be less a case of a chemistry problem, but rather they are just a young team trying to figure itself out. Not sure if VJ is helping the cause, but hopefully she can figure some things out as well.

Speaking of Harrison's block...can anyone explain the ensuing play? After the timeout, Chicago was slow to get back on the court. The ref gave the ball to Montgomery, who inbounded to Harrison. Harrison wanted to take advantage of the 5-on-4 and promptly drove...toward the wrong basket. The refs stopped play--the reason given to the announcers was a Delay of Game on SAS--and awarded the ball to Chicago. Yesterday, the play-by-play said "Delay of Game." Today, the play-by-play (Q3) says:

Quote:
03:31
Stars
[SAN] Harrison Turnover : Opposite Basket Turnover (2 TO)

I have never heard of such a thing. Is that a thing now? Is there such a violation?

tfan

PostPosted: 07/12/17 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J1QgLwiVIFw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: