59%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 22

lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/27/17 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Latta just got ejected Laughing

Urrgh! Why?

They called an offensive foul and she yelled at the official and got a double T ejection. They are up 30, so I don't know why she got so heated. Laughing

pilight

PostPosted: 06/27/17 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
wnbafan wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Urrgh! Why?

Because these refs are soft. The first technical was correct but the 2nd was a joke. She said fuck that to her teammates. Taurasi gets away with 20 times more then that Laughing Laughing

Nonsense. Taurasi once got suspended two games for swearing.

PostPosted: 06/27/17 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Latta ejected.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/27/17 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

The live stats says the Mystics have 2 techs. Latta got both of them?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/27/17 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

The live stats says the Mystics have 2 techs. Latta got both of them?

Correct

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/27/17 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
wnbafan wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Urrgh! Why?

Because these refs are soft. The first technical was correct but the 2nd was a joke. She said fuck that to her teammates. Taurasi gets away with 20 times more then that Laughing Laughing

Nonsense. Taurasi once got suspended two games for swearing.

And do you agree with me that she swears at the refs every game Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 06/27/17 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This game is evidence of what can happen when EDD becomes a distributor when doubled. Next game she's in single coverage and tearing up the net.

Great game for the Mystics.

Really, really, really bad game for the Storm.

Alysha Clarke is the least of their problems. Swords looked like a decent back up last year in NY and now is useless. Why? Krystal Thomas looked barely able to hold down a roster spot in Seattle and is now thriving in DC. Why? One answer is that K.Thomas has always been an excellent defender/rebounder/teammate but not a good shooter/scorer. So if you surround her with scorers and give her a role that emphasizes her strengths, she flourishes. Only Minny and LA have centers/frontcourts who excel at both offense and defense. Mystics are a scoring/defending BIG away from competing with Minny and LA. I expect they will soon be all alone in 3rd place.

Jenny Boo has been the right coach during the assembly of a young team that will compete in the future. Not doing so well at maximizing the talent they've collected.

~rAf
Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/27/17 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
This game is evidence of what can happen when EDD becomes a distributor when doubled. Next game she's in single coverage and tearing up the net.

Great game for the Mystics.

Really, really, really bad game for the Storm.

Alysha Clarke is the least of their problems. Swords looked like a decent back up last year in NY and now is useless. Why? Krystal Thomas looked barely able to hold down a roster spot in Seattle and is now thriving in DC. Why? One answer is that K.Thomas has always been an excellent defender/rebounder/teammate but not a good shooter/scorer. So if you surround her with scorers and give her a role that emphasizes her strengths, she flourishes. Only Minny and LA have centers/frontcourts who excel at both offense and defense. Mystics are a scoring/defending BIG away from competing with Minny and LA. I expect they will soon be all alone in 3rd place.

Jenny Boo has been the right coach during the assembly of a young team that will compete in the future. Not doing so well at maximizing the talent they've collected.

She could of had the same role with the Storm surrounded by Stewart, Loyd and Bird

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 06/27/17 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SWK & Jennie Simms doing it now! SWK with the strip & score!

~rAf
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/27/17 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Are the Storm this bad that they're going to end up tanking for Kelsey Plum? Cool

Gabby Williams. Clarke's days as a starter are numbered. Surprised

Now you guys want to agree , i think her days starting should have never existed Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 06/27/17 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SEA wins the 4th quarter and it still ends up 100-70 WAS final.

Delle Donne 25 pts, 5 reb, 1 ast, 1 st
TRP 11 pts, 12 reb, 4 ast, 1 stl <-- I said this team needed a point-forward and look who showed up.
Toliver 15 pts, 2 reb, 4 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk

Langhorne 15 pts, 2 reb, 1 ast

xwomynjoc

PostPosted: 06/27/17 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:
Blocking the games from league pass is ridiculous. I live in Delaware (where the game would not be blocked) but am at work in Baltimore. I wanted to catch some of it on my lunch hour but it is blocked.

So, if I go on vacation to a city that blocks a game I can't watch it? What good is streaming and paying for the league pass then?

Evil or Very Mad

I' sorry you couldn't see the game. The game was on NBA TV but, blacked out within 150 miles of DC. Monumental Sports Network has the broadcast rights to games not on ESPN. Maybe, in the future you can sign up for the Free Trial period (3 months) on Monumental. Then cancel your subscription after watching game/games.
https://www.monumentalsportsnetwork.com/wnba/team/washington-mystics

PostPosted: 06/27/17 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Are the Storm this bad that they're going to end up tanking for Kelsey Plum? Cool

Gabby Williams. Clark's days as a starter are numbered. Surprised

Now you guys want to agree, i think her days starting should have never existed Rolling Eyes

It's not that Clark is that bad. It's more that Gabby is that good. Elite defense, rebounding and facilitation from the SF.... and she shouldn't have any problem scoring as much as Clark.

This all assumes SEA stumbles and doesn't make the playoffs, and likely get the 10% odds of #1. If they do get the #1, then Wilson is the way to go for any team. If SEA were to get #4, they'd have to cross their fingers to get Williams.
Mitchell would be nice on SEA, but she'd be a backup on next year's team so not as immediate an impact as Williams. DeShields? I suppose she could work but I don't feel her as much as Williams.

They could get a #7 or #8 seed in playoffs and get a 6'7 non-waif center in Russell. Maybe that'd be the best of both worlds. Playoffs and player in position of biggest need.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/27/17 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

Gabby Williams. Clark's days as a starter are numbered. Surprised

Now you guys want to agree, i think her days starting should have never existed Rolling Eyes

Quote:

It's not that Clark is that bad. It's more that Gabby is that good. Elite defense, rebounding and facilitation from the SF.... and she shouldn't have any problem scoring as much as Clark.

This all assumes SEA stumbles and doesn't make the playoffs, and likely get the 10% odds of #1. If they do get the #1, then Wilson is the way to go for any team. If SEA were to get #4, they'd have to cross their fingers to get Williams.
Mitchell would be nice on SEA, but she'd be a backup on next year's team so not as immediate an impact as Williams. DeShields? I suppose she could work but I don't feel her as much as Williams.

They could get a #7 or #8 seed in playoffs and get a 6'7 non-waif center in Russell. Maybe that'd be the best of both worlds. Playoffs and player in position of biggest need.

Gabby's that good against College athletes . Im Sure Alysha clark could do everything Gabby does at that level . As a matter of fact she did . Idea

PostPosted: 06/27/17 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Latta's ~foul that led to her ejection, the camera angle was about the same as the Ref's. There was a clear chicken wing thrown, but I'd be willing to bet, that other camera angles wouldn't show very much contact (at all). It seemed (to me) like a basketball play on Latta's part, and Whitcomb was a little off balance. Anyway, she got herself out of playing the rest of the game ; a standard coach's trick for sure.

Seattle tried Clark in front of EDD a few times. It reminded me of early LeBron guarded by Rip Hamilton. Put a much smaller and faster player in front to screw with her timing, be quick footed enough to harass her dribble drive, and a smidge more time for help D to get there.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/27/17 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No great Storm. Just fizzle drizzle. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 06/27/17 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As If This Wasnt Bad Enough https://youtu.be/ZHhmf5yFm2c

Shocked Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 06/27/17 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She already got her first technical, and whatever she said here got her the second technical.

zune69

PostPosted: 06/28/17 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Despite having three all league players,seattle continues to be a mediocre sub .500 basketball team.I tried to warn storm fans,last seasons strong finish was fools gold.Beating teams that were sitting multiple players for various reasons wasn't a good predictor of how seattle would perform this season.The 20 win,top four seed perdiction of many storm fans was a bit too lofty.However,the situation is fixable.Seattle just needs more size/defense at the sf/c positions.Young/Currie would be good fits at SF.Dolson would be an upgrade at center.Making a low ball offer for Coates would also be in the cards.Trading the 2018 pick for anything less than McCoughtry or Lavender is stupid.However,if you are a storm fan,would you trade:

2018 1st & 2nd rd pks,Langorne,KML,& Swords for Dolson,Vandersloot and Young.

merlina

PostPosted: 06/28/17 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Despite having three all league players,seattle continues to be a mediocre sub .500 basketball team.I tried to warn storm fans,last seasons strong finish was fools gold.Beating teams that were sitting multiple players for various reasons wasn't a good predictor of how seattle would perform this season.The 20 win,top four seed perdiction of many storm fans was a bit too lofty.However,the situation is fixable.Seattle just needs more size/defense at the sf/c positions.Young/Currie would be good fits at SF.Dolson would be an upgrade at center.Making a low ball offer for Coates would also be in the cards.Trading the 2018 pick for anything less than McCoughtry or Lavender is stupid.However,if you are a storm fan,would you trade:

2018 1st & 2nd rd pks,Langorne,KML,& Swords for Dolson,Vandersloot and Young.

I'm pretty ignorant about college players and next year's draft. That said, I'd love this trade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: