RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 06/25/17 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Ajavon can back up the PG. Who else has been doing it if Kiesel doesn't get minutes?

Sykes got the job against Chicago. Hayes has done it some as well.

PostPosted: 06/26/17 7:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
Ajavon can back up the PG. Who else has been doing it if Kiesel doesn't get minutes?

That resulted in a couple 24 second violations. I like Sykes though - not too sure she is a PG though.

Shades - Cooper cut Burdick in favor of Gray and Holivay last year, so I kind of doubt it's her. My guess is they want to make a splash surrounding whatever happens with Angel (return or trade?)

Shades

PostPosted: 06/26/17 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

C'mon Randy, you don't honestly think they're trading the franchise. Why not just pull up the stakes in ATL if that's the case. Do you like the team better without McCoughtry?

What kind of deal do you think Cooper could get for McCoughtry that would be worth making a presumably playoff contender even better? I'm guessing a team like NYL, PHX, or WAS would love to acquire McCoughtry to get them over the hump in beating teams like MIN and LAS.

Let's see, WAS doesn't really need Meesseman any more. Meesseman and 2018 first rounder? Is that enough to make WAS nearly unbeatable? Throw in Latta maybe?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 06/26/17 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That works for me. And it could be sold as Angel wanted to go home. (As good an excuse as any.)

I just think Angel has taken the Dream as far as she can. We don't have the talent to build a contender with her, but we do have some nice young players. We should move Angel and get a good draft pick or two. We would have a much better team in a few years. Plus, Angel's value will drop as she gets older and may continue to take time off when it suits her.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/26/17 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LAS has a bunch of assets, but I'd hate giving them any help.

Lavender plus Wiese plus first round in 2018 for McCoughtry. Which deal you liking more so far?

McCoughtry has set up shop in ATL, and she's been going to games (showing that she's still engaged with the team). Like I've said before, I think ATL would be crazy to give her up if she's showing that much dedication to the community and team.

Maya has me a little nervous in that way. After her contract is up (expires after '18 season, I believe), who knows what she'll want to do? The team might be in rebuild mode by then, and I'm not aware of any Maya investments in the community. I wouldn't be surprised if Maya still uses her original apartment the team supplies to its players. If Maya was buying a house and businesses in the area, I'd feel a lot better about her staying past 8 years.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/26/17 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I just think Angel has taken the Dream as far as she can. We don't have the talent to build a contender with her, but we do have some nice young players. We should move Angel and get a good draft pick or two. We would have a much better team in a few years. Plus, Angel's value will drop as she gets older and may continue to take time off when it suits her.

That's nonsense. That's like the Fever trading Catchings after 2010.

PostPosted: 06/26/17 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:

That's nonsense. That's like the Fever trading Catchings after 2010.

Maybe it is, but how far do you think she can take the Dream?

I think Catchings had more commitment to the Fever than Angel has to the Dream, and Catchings was a better player and certainly a better leader than Angel.

If Angel comes back we are looking at probably making the playoff and having first (or at best 2nd) round exit. The Dream might be able to do that without her. Last year we were 17/16 with Angel (lost the game she was suspended.) I don't see how that translates into the Dream being able to match the success of the Fever in 2012.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 06/26/17 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
... If Angel comes back we are looking at probably making the playoff and having first (or at best 2nd) round exit. The Dream might be able to do that without her...

You cannot be serious. Atlanta is a game under .500, and they haven't really played anybody yet. They've lost twice to a team that only has three wins. I mean, you guys have a couple of 'winnable' games in your next five but, if you're not at least 8-8 by the time you go to Phoenix, you're probably not going to finish the season within ten games of .500.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Randy

PostPosted: 06/26/17 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We beat the Sparks. We beat the 3 Superstar Storm. We were 17-17 last year with Angel. We got beat twice by the Stars last year.

And exactly how many points, rebounds, assists steals and blocks has Angel gotten us so far this season?

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 06/26/17 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You guys beat the Sparks every year, that should barely even count; even when you guys went 4-30, you still beat the Sparks. Let me know when you beat the Lynx, Mystics or Liberty, or even the Mercury.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 06/26/17 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
And exactly how many points, rebounds, assists steals and blocks has Angel gotten us so far this season?

You probably could have used a couple on Friday night, especially when none of Hayes' teammates trusted her enough to get her the ball, and nobody else could get their own shot.

If nothing else, the 2017 Atlanta Dream season has opened my eyes to how mediocre a player Tiffany Hayes is. I can't see any team where she's the best player ever even making the playoffs.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/26/17 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
You guys beat the Sparks every year, that should barely even count; even when you guys went 4-30, you still beat the Sparks. Let me know when you beat the Lynx, Mystics or Liberty, or even the Mercury.

Dream were 0-3 against the Lynx, 1-2 against LA, NY, Pho and DC. 4-11 total with Angel. This year DC is much better, of course.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 06/26/17 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Dream were 0-3 against the Lynx, 1-2 against LA, NY, Pho and DC. 4-11 total with Angel. This year DC is much better, of course.

Alright. Believe what you want to. Just try not to be too surprised when you're 8-15 at the end of July.

shontay33

PostPosted: 06/26/17 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:

I hope they are bringing in another PG. If not they are in trouble. I think Hayes is better not having to bring the ball up court and having energy to score.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/26/17 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/angel_35/status/879464847674572801

Quote:
Let me clear these rumors up so I can be left alone and enjoy my summer. Everybody's knows I'm signed to go back to Russia and that's that!

PostPosted: 06/26/17 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta Dream Sign Darxia Morris

http://dream.wnba.com/news/atlanta-dream-sign-darxia-morris/

Quote:
The Atlanta Dream has also announced the activation of Sancho Lyttle, who has returned to the team after leading Team Spain to the 2017 FIBA EuroBasket title.

PostPosted: 06/26/17 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Atlanta Dream Sign Darxia Morris

http://dream.wnba.com/news/atlanta-dream-sign-darxia-morris/

Quote:
The Atlanta Dream has also announced the activation of Sancho Lyttle, who has returned to the team after leading Team Spain to the 2017 FIBA EuroBasket title.

That's pretty anticlimatic.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 06/26/17 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just read the thread posts from today and it was super dramatic (until the end).

OMG they cut two player
OMG who is it going to be
OMG Angel is coming back
OMG they are activating Angel and trading her, maybe the Liberty will get her or Washington or LA
OMG Angel is so annoyed by rumors that she posted she isn't coming back
Oh...they signed Daraxia Morris

Randy

PostPosted: 06/26/17 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seemed like Morris was better in the pre-season so maybe she should have made the team in the first place.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/27/17 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michael cooper and there dreams are coming into fruition . Laughing

PostPosted: 06/27/17 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://summitthoops.com/2017/06/26/angel-mccoughtry-wnba-intentions/

Quote:
Angel McCoughtry ✔ @angel_35
Earlier today,I was referring to the rumors that I had sign to Galatasary in turkey! I was not referring to anything about the WNBA

#FairEnough

PostPosted: 06/27/17 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Quote:
Earlier today,I was referring to the rumors that I had sign to Galatasary in turkey! I was not referring to anything about the WNBA

#FairEnough

Glad she cleared that up. I hate speculation and rumors. They cause too many problems and too many debates. Like to hear information directly from the player or the team.

shontay33

PostPosted: 06/27/17 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Quote:

#FairEnough

Glad she cleared that up. I hate speculation and rumors. They cause too many problems and too many debates. Like to hear information directly from the player or the team.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/27/17 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Quote:

#FairEnough

I'm not sure what's cleared up. You care about whether she goes to Turkey or Russia? There's going to be even more speculation now. McCoughtry felt it was important to clear up that she wasn't saying anything about WNBA. To me, that means she's intersted in returning this season. Maybe the decision will be based on how much of a contender they have in the team. Or perhaps she already has a return date planned, like Parker in 2015.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/27/17 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Quote:

#FairEnough

She didn't really clear anything up. She already said she signed with Russia to stop rumors so she could enjoy her summer. All we know is whatever rumors she heard had to do with Gala. We have no clue if she is playing this season or not, not that I care much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 12 of 19

Jump to: