RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LibFan25

PostPosted: 06/25/17 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn those pictures of Nayo....she is such a cutie.

Watching the CT and Dallas game earlier really got me thinking would the Sun ever consider to make Morgan Tuck available for trade? she's hurt right now and the injury history concern me but she would be nice fit in that SF spot for the Libs, she can spread the court, 6'2 a really talented young player.

root_thing

PostPosted: 06/26/17 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:

Watching the CT and Dallas game earlier really got me thinking would the Sun ever consider to make Morgan Tuck available for trade? she's hurt right now and the injury history concern me but she would be nice fit in that SF spot for the Libs, she can spread the court, 6'2 a really talented young player.

Not this season. CT's big issue right now is lack of depth. They need Tuck and Kizer to get back ASAP. Tuck is especially valuable because she can play both 3 &4 and can even give you some emergency minutes at 5. Maybe next season with the return of Chiney and the addition of a pick from the deep draft, CT will find itself with an overcrowded roster. Then, Tuck might become available.

PostPosted: 06/26/17 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah I have a feeling Tuck is going to be valuable as the season goes on. Not to sound like a broken record, and yes Alyssa Thomas is playing great. But that wrecking ball style of play at the 4 spot, which at times will include going up against bigger players (though she is quite strong at 6'0"), is bound to take its toll. She left yesterday's game for a spell after taking a hard shot in the upper body. She's going to be vulnerable to more of the same given her style of play.

PostPosted: 06/26/17 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good to see The Liberty supporting Pride...
I would have been nice to have the whole team there ...just saying

LibFan25

PostPosted: 06/26/17 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

Not this season. CT's big issue right now is lack of depth. They need Tuck and Kizer to get back ASAP. Tuck is especially valuable because she can play both 3 &4 and can even give you some emergency minutes at 5. Maybe next season with the return of Chiney and the addition of a pick from the deep draft, CT will find itself with an overcrowded roster. Then, Tuck might become available.

yeah if they can get Tuck back and healthy, they are a playoff team in my eyes...J Thomas is such an underated PG, she's the leader of that team, you can see it in every Huddle and all of them listen.

i really wished Boyd was playin, i think Boyd would of played so much better defense against Thomas and Williams but it is what it is

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/26/17 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
root_thing wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

yeah if they can get Tuck back and healthy, they are a playoff team in my eyes...J Thomas is such an underated PG, she's the leader of that team, you can see it in every Huddle and all of them listen.

i really wished Boyd was playin, i think Boyd would of played so much better defense against Thomas and Williams but it is what it is

Yeah my friend and I were wishing Boyd was playing in that game. Not only the ball pressure she would have provided but also the transition offense. Maybe CT would have been less aggressive on the offensive boards. And I thought CT was ALREADY fatigued. Throw Boyd in that mix you make up a deficit faster.

PostPosted: 06/26/17 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:

Who was missing?

PostPosted: 06/26/17 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Lib Fan wrote:

Who was missing?

Lindsay Allen
Tina
Prince
Sugar Rodgers (but she gets a pass because of possible injury)
Kia Vaughn

and of course where was T Spoon ?

root_thing

PostPosted: 06/26/17 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To be fair, the float was announced a day or two before the parade. People may have already had other commitments. Also, the Liberty participate in a lot of community events. We can't expect the players to attend every one of them.

PostPosted: 06/26/17 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Lib Fan wrote:

Who was missing?

Lindsay Allen
Tina
Prince
Sugar Rodgers (but she gets a pass because of possible injury)
Kia Vaughn

and of course where was T Spoon ?

Check your PMs

PostPosted: 06/26/17 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll give Piph a pass too being I think she just got back from Russia Thursday and played 20 minutes Friday. They probably practiced Saturday so I could see maybe taking a much-needed day off. Vaughn also got back last week herself. And then Tina with all her hard minutes...

But yeah I get where it would be nice if the whole team was there. Hard to gauge without knowing each individual's circumstances. Back in the day my guess is if the team had something like that then everyone or almost everyone would have participated.

PostPosted: 06/26/17 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder when we will find out what's up with Rodgers.

PostPosted: 06/26/17 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I'll give Piph a pass too being I think she just got back from Russia Thursday and played 20 minutes Friday. They probably practiced Saturday so I could see maybe taking a much-needed day off. Vaughn also got back last week herself. And then Tina with all her hard minutes...

But yeah I get where it would be nice if the whole team was there. Hard to gauge without knowing each individual's circumstances. Back in the day my guess is if the team had something like that then everyone or almost everyone would have participated.

Back in the day the team wouldn't have dreamed of doing something like that, and I'm pretty sure anyone who wanted to show up to the parade would have to wear a clever disguise.

(now with spelling variations)
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 06/26/17 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

I have great admiration for everyone who participated on Sunday. I believe any discussion here about giving someone "a pass" for not being there is way out of line.

I want to share something personal that perhaps some people will find relevant. I had a dear friend, no longer alive, who was an Oscar-nominated actor. He was gay. He never came out publicly, though lots of people in Hollywood and in the theater world were well aware that he was gay.

My friend never came out in good part because his family members were anything but enthusiastic about him being gay and certainly didn't want him to come out. Had he lived another year or two, I believe he'd have come out anyway. He spoke about it with me and was definitely considering doing so.

I know nothing about the personal lives of anyone connected with the Liberty. But, based on my friend's experiences, I know that there can be serious pressures on someone--whether LGBT or heterosexual--that can keep them from being seen at a Pride event. And even more pressures on someone who's in the public eye.

I'll close where I began: I have great admiration for those who participated on Sunday.

PostPosted: 06/26/17 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Back in the day the team wouldn't have dreamed of doing something like that, and I'm pretty sure anyone who wanted to show up to the parade would have to wear a clever disguise.

I phrased it poorly. I meant if it was approved of and organized from the top down (which never would have been the case) the team would have responded strongly. But maybe I'm wrong about that part of it.

PostPosted: 06/26/17 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Queenie wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

I phrased it poorly. I meant if it was approved of and organized from the top down (which never would have been the case) the team would have responded strongly. But maybe I'm wrong about that part of it.

I should have said that I didn't mean to aim my comment at you, even though you talked about giving "a pass." There were earlier comments that I found problematic for the same reason. I applaud everyone who participated on Sunday and I hope most Liberty fans do. I just believe we should be extremely careful in any discussions about those who weren't there.

PostPosted: 06/26/17 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

I have great admiration for everyone who participated on Sunday. I believe any discussion here about giving someone "a pass" for not being there is way out of line.

I want to share something personal that perhaps some people will find relevant. I had a dear friend, no longer alive, who was an Oscar-nominated actor. He was gay. He never came out publicly, though lots of people in Hollywood and in the theater world were well aware that he was gay.

My friend never came out in good part because his family members were anything but enthusiastic about him being gay and certainly didn't want him to come out. Had he lived another year or two, I believe he'd have come out anyway. He spoke about it with me and was definitely considering doing so.

I know nothing about the personal lives of anyone connected with the Liberty. But, based on my friend's experiences, I know that there can be serious pressures on someone--whether LGBT or heterosexual--that can keep them from being seen at a Pride event. And even more pressures on someone who's in the public eye.

I'll close where I began: I have great admiration for those who participated on Sunday.

That's true. I'd add also that I might not have gone. But not because of the specific event. I just don't like loud, large gatherings and potentially meeting loads of people at once.

Except sporting events, because I don't feel I have to socialize if I don't want to. Part of my point, which I phrased poorly, is there could be a multitude of reasons why people might not want to attend, some of which might not be so apparent as possibilities.

By "pass" I didn't mean obligation to go or not. Just that you could probably find reasons related just to their day to day grind where not attending makes perfect sense.

PostPosted: 06/26/17 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

That's true. I'd add also that I might not have gone. But not because of the specific event. I just don't like loud, large gatherings and potentially meeting loads of people at once.

Except sporting events, because I don't feel I have to socialize if I don't want to. Part of my point, which I phrased poorly, is there could be a multitude of reasons why people might not want to attend, some of which might not be so apparent as possibilities.

By "pass" I didn't mean obligation to go or not. Just that you could probably find reasons related just to their day to day grind where not attending makes perfect sense.

There are many reasons why any individual may not have been there. But some may be extremely sensitive. That's at the heart of what I'm trying to say. And, for me, that's why any discussion of why X or Y wasn't there is loaded and should be avoided.

PostPosted: 06/26/17 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The rest of the Liberty events are usually for kids with illnesses or kids from impoverished backgrounds. Not everybody shows up for all of them. Does that mean those individuals don't care about children with cancer or children in homeless shelters? No. Over time, we've seen all of these players show up for worthwhile causes. They don't need to explain anything to me. They're ballplayers, not Mother Teresa or the Mayor of New York. We shouldn't expect them to be front and center for all causes. I give money to about a half dozen charities, but I also say no to several others. Is it because they're not worthwhile or I don't care? No, I just feel like I'm at my limit.

PostPosted: 06/26/17 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guarantee you there were alot of straight heterosexual people out there just to support and have a good time at the Pride Parade. I am a straight Black man i would of went if i had a chance too, because I'm very comfortable with my own sexuality and who i am as a person. I like to enjoy life and have fun, i surround myself with good people, positive vibes, we should all love each other no matter what race, religion, gender, i don't care who you sleep with at home its none of my business.

back to my Libs though, NBA awards

toad455

PostPosted: 06/27/17 5:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm straight and have been to Pride before. Having worked in theater for 10+ years, I probably have more LGBT friends than straight ones. I go to Pride to support them & have fun.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
root_thing

PostPosted: 06/27/17 7:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think fun is a big part of it. Next week, I celebrate my 39th anniversary living in Chelsea. I often run into the Gay Pride Parade simply by accident. The same can be said about the Halloween Parade. They both start in the West Village, and the two events have a similar atmosphere. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the same people participate in both parades. Obviously, Halloween is not a political occasion, and I suspect that the amusement element now exceeds the political aspect for a lot of people in the Pride Parade.

What I've noticed is that the younger players from distant places tend to show up most often at community events. Zahui B, Rebecca Alen, Boyd, and this year Nayo and Burdick (before she was cut) appear the most in event videos posted on Liberty social media. Honestly, I think they go because they don't have a lot of friends and family in New York. It's something to do on their off days. The events are usually for a good cause, and they also look like a lot of fun. I don't think it's any coincidence that a lot of the locals -- Charles, Prince, Vaughn (T.Spoon?) -- were the ones who missed the parade. If you have friends and family in the area, you're more likely to have prior commitments.

PostPosted: 06/27/17 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
I guarantee you there were alot of straight heterosexual people out there just to support and have a good time at the Pride Parade. I am a straight Black man i would of went if i had a chance too, because I'm very comfortable with my own sexuality and who i am as a person. I like to enjoy life and have fun, i surround myself with good people, positive vibes, we should all love each other no matter what race, religion, gender, i don't care who you sleep with at home its none of my business.

Bria Hartley is just ridiculously beautiful. And I swear she gets prettier every year.

PostPosted: 06/27/17 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

auntie

PostPosted: 06/27/17 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

Bria Hartley is just ridiculously beautiful. And I swear she gets prettier every year.

I have always been fascinated by her eyes.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 67 of 80

Jump to: