23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Storm
76%
 76%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 17

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 06/23/17 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I guess the league decided it would be a bad look to celebrate Taurasi breaking the scoring record and then issue the suspension she deserved and admit she should have been out of that game. Ah the Taurasi Rules. I don't get why the Storm don't have a player go talk at the refs and lobby for some calls too. If we don't, the refs only hear Phoenix's side. Hell, even after the final whistle Taurasi still had her hands on the refs and was talking at them--reminding them of the Taurasi Rules for next game maybe.

threefrom60

PostPosted: 06/24/17 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
threefrom60 wrote:
Question: Why isn't Diana a team captain? Or BG? Has that been a thing for awhile?
I believe they rotate the captaincy. Different every game.

Thanks!

threefrom60

PostPosted: 06/24/17 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bcdawg04 wrote:
So I guess the league decided it would be a bad look to celebrate Taurasi breaking the scoring record and then issue the suspension she deserved and admit she should have been out of that game. Ah the Taurasi Rules. I don't get why the Storm don't have a player go talk at the refs and lobby for some calls too. If we don't, the refs only hear Phoenix's side. Hell, even after the final whistle Taurasi still had her hands on the refs and was talking at them--reminding them of the Taurasi Rules for next game maybe.

I'm not a Diana hater, and was a fan of hers before I became a Storm STH, but I found this very odd as well. They won, everyone left the court, and then I notice she's the only player still out there and she's really getting after one of the refs. It was a strange look.[/b]

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 06/24/17 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DT blasts 17 ring-tailed howitzers. I wonder if that's close to a single game record.
caune

PostPosted: 06/24/17 8:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threefrom60 wrote:
bcdawg04 wrote:

I'm not a Diana hater, and was a fan of hers before I became a Storm STH, but I found this very odd as well. They won, everyone left the court, and then I notice she's the only player still out there and she's really getting after one of the refs. It was a strange look.[/b]

She seemed to have a point to make, and she wasn't leaving til the ref heard her out. It was bizarre, but not. lol. It is Diana, and she does march to her own tune.

PostPosted: 06/24/17 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
DT blasts 17 ring-tailed howitzers. I wonder if that's close to a single game record.

Sometime I forget just how good she was at driving the lane since mostly all she does now is throw up 3s.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/24/17 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

In fact it is. The previous record was 16, done twice by Taurasi.

PostPosted: 06/24/17 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cool to see that Kyrie Irving specially flew to Seattle to watch the matchup between 2 of his favorite players Bird and Taurasi Smile

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 06/24/17 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

I was so focused on using one of Les Keiter's famous phrases, particularly when he was the Voice of the Big 5, that I didn't specify whether I was talking about a record for Taurasi, the Mercury or the WNBA. Which is it, pilight?

Other Keiter basketball trademarks are "tickles the twine" and "in again, out again Finnegan."
pilight

PostPosted: 06/24/17 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

I was so focused on using one of Les Keiter's famous phrases, particularly when he was the Voice of the Big 5, that I didn't specify whether I was talking about a record for Taurasi, the Mercury or the WNBA. Which is it, pilight?

Other Keiter basketball trademarks are "tickles the twine" and "in again, out again Finnegan."

It is a new league record, and also a record for the Merc and Diana

PostPosted: 06/25/17 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Sometime I forget just how good she was at driving the lane since mostly all she does now is throw up 3s.

People forget how good Ray Allen was at driving to the lane too. Just an adjustment players make as they get older.

I was happy to see her drive more during this game. Also, I think she'll do it a little more in the playoffs.

PostPosted: 06/25/17 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Cool to see that Kyrie Irving specially flew to Seattle to watch the matchup between 2 of his favorite players Bird and Taurasi Smile

Kyrie Irving after WNBA game: 'I cannot wait for my daughter to grow up and idolize' them

Randy

PostPosted: 06/25/17 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bcdawg04 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Kyrie Irving after WNBA game: 'I cannot wait for my daughter to grow up and idolize' them

She better grow up fast - those two are not getting any younger.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 06/25/17 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
bcdawg04 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

She better grow up fast - those two are not getting any younger.

There's video out there of ballhog chick and Die Bitches. Laughing

PostPosted: 06/27/17 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TC1Hwqwg3Jw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: