Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Happycappie25

PostPosted: 06/23/17 5:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
A question for Liberty fans in the NYC metropolitan area. I have Time Warner Cable/Spectrum. On my cable system, the only TV broadcast I see for tomorrow night's game is on MSG at 10:00 p.m. rather than the actual start time of 7:30. Apparently I can watch the game live on my computer on ESPN3.

If there is a live TV broadcast that I'm missing, please post that and many thanks. But I'm not seeing it on Time Warner Cable/Spectrum.

Same thing here on my Verizon Fios 10pm MSG, ima be a angry Lib fan if its blackout on ESPN3 Tonight

Styx Lynx is on ESPN...so it has to be viewed on ESPN3...a W broadcast cannot overlap an ESPN game as per the ESPN contract...but they are available thru the ESPN3 service.

Teams have been loopholing this by showing games on Tape delay.

I have my own loophole...its called season tickets Wink

PostPosted: 06/23/17 6:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
A question for Liberty fans in the NYC metropolitan area. I have Time Warner Cable/Spectrum. On my cable system, the only TV broadcast I see for tomorrow night's game is on MSG at 10:00 p.m. rather than the actual start time of 7:30. Apparently I can watch the game live on my computer on ESPN3.

If there is a live TV broadcast that I'm missing, please post that and many thanks. But I'm not seeing it on Time Warner Cable/Spectrum.

Same thing here on my Verizon Fios 10pm MSG, ima be a angry Lib fan if its blackout on ESPN3 Tonight

Styx Lynx is on ESPN...so it has to be viewed on ESPN3...a W broadcast cannot overlap an ESPN game as per the ESPN contract...but they are available thru the ESPN3 service.

Teams have been loopholing this by showing games on Tape delay.

I have my own loophole...its called season tickets Wink

ESPN has so many damn channels don't understand why they can't put it on ESPNU or ESPNEWS?

lol lucky u...im planing on going to the Washington Mystics game on the 16th of July

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 06/23/17 6:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the feedback about MSG, ESPN3, etc.

PostPosted: 06/23/17 7:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shavonte Zellous thrilled that the Liberty will have a float in the LGBT Pride March in Manhattan:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/liberty/shavonte-zellous-thrilled-that-liberty-will-have-float-in-lgbt-pride-march-1.13757209

PostPosted: 06/23/17 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:

You don't have access to ESPN3 through Time Warner? We had to wait for years to get it on Cablevision. Kind of ridiculous.

PostPosted: 06/23/17 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Except for the Atlanta game, Hartley has been on the court at crunch time, not L. Allen. Against Atlanta, Bria got in foul trouble and then Laimbeer left Lindsay out there because the team was playing well. Minutes will be based on performance, but it's clear to me that Hartley gets first crack. With more playing time, Bria has gotten significantly better: 9.0 ppg, 45.7% FG% in 25.2 mpg for the last six games (20.7 at PG). To give Hartley significant minutes, you have to let her backup at both guard positions. She is also better than L. Allen on the defensive end, especially when it comes to team defense.

PostPosted: 06/23/17 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
She is also better than L. Allen on the defensive end, especially when it comes to team defense.

You must be a fan of bullfighting.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 06/23/17 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

You don't have access to ESPN3 through Time Warner? We had to wait for years to get it on Cablevision. Kind of ridiculous.

As I said, I can watch ESPN3 on my computer through Time Warner Cable/Spectrum. But I can't watch ESPN3 on my television. That's why I asked what I did.

PostPosted: 06/23/17 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

As I said, I can watch ESPN3 on my computer through Time Warner Cable/Spectrum. But I can't watch ESPN3 on my television. That's why I asked what I did.

Ohhh. Sorry I missed that. I'm on my phone. It's harder to catch everything.

PostPosted: 06/23/17 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

Ohhh. Sorry I missed that. I'm on my phone. It's harder to catch everything.

No problem. At least (if all goes well) I can watch tonight's game on my computer. But it's one more sign of the unfortunate position of the WNBA that I can't watch every New York Liberty game live on my TV set.

PostPosted: 06/23/17 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:

Assuming you have WiFi in your house and access to ESPN3, $39.95 gets you an Amazon Fire TV Stick. Plug it in to a HDMI socket on your TV, hook it up to your WiFi, and bingo, ESPN3 (and lots of other stuff) on your TV.

A Roku is a good alternative but somewhat more expensive.

root_thing

PostPosted: 06/23/17 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
root_thing wrote:
She is also better than L. Allen on the defensive end, especially when it comes to team defense.

You must be a fan of bullfighting.

Yes, just like you're the most impartial person on this board.

PostPosted: 06/23/17 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Root has a good point regarding Allen. I think it can be a matchup-dependent thing. But I also think Allen struggled against Jasmine Thomas last week and has been up and down on defense. She's a rookie. Like many rookies, it happens. She'll learn and improve. But she has identifiable struggles in PNR defense.

I think Piph's return will help defensively, whenever she plays again be it tonight or Thursday. I was surprised and very impressed with her on that end prior to her departure.

PostPosted: 06/23/17 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

Assuming you have WiFi in your house and access to ESPN3, $39.95 gets you an Amazon Fire TV Stick. Plug it in to a HDMI socket on your TV, hook it up to your WiFi, and bingo, ESPN3 (and lots of other stuff) on your TV.

A Roku is a good alternative but somewhat more expensive.

Thanks for this. I knew about this kind of option but never got all the information.

PostPosted: 06/24/17 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I'm about to make a prediction. If the Libs get out of this stretch 7-5 or better AND have no more injuries I predict they will win the WNBA championship. My reasoning is that if they get enough added contributions from sources having yet to contribute, the readditions of Piph and Kia will make the team balanced and probably prepared to peak at the right time.

I don't think it's that likely, however, that they will be 7-5 at the end of this stretch. Just saying if they are, that will mean some players currently not contributing will have shown considerable improvement.

I also think Minnesota and LA are vulnerable in the right situation.

Ok. So I said this. And NY is 7-5. Unfortunately as soon as they returned two, they lost 1. A pattern that seems to have reared its head a few times over the years, such as last year's first game out of the Olympic break when we learned Shoni had a concussion and Wright and Stokes didn't even escape the first half of the first game without injury.

PostPosted: 06/24/17 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Except for the Atlanta game, Hartley has been on the court at crunch time, not L. Allen. Against Atlanta, Bria got in foul trouble and then Laimbeer left Lindsay out there because the team was playing well. Minutes will be based on performance, but it's clear to me that Hartley gets first crack. With more playing time, Bria has gotten significantly better: 9.0 ppg, 45.7% FG% in 25.2 mpg for the last six games (20.7 at PG). To give Hartley significant minutes, you have to let her backup at both guard positions. She is also better than L. Allen on the defensive end, especially when it comes to team defense.

Ehhhhh... I can't really type the wiggling my hand back and forth to signify so-so thing, so you're going to have to imagine it. When the system works, Bria fits in well. When it doesn't work, then she gets exposed.

PostPosted: 06/24/17 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now with Rodgers going down we have potentially more flux. Hartley really doesn't have natural point guard instincts. And in an offense that's not heavily pick and pop or ball reversal through high post players, she's going to have ups and downs. When Piph arrived in 2015, the team TOs declined. I'd expect the same thing now. The big question now is the seriousness of Sugar's injury. If it's serious then we have yet another state of flux with the dilemma of how that's answered. Do they use Nayo more at the 3, give Hartley 25-30 minutes or is it Bec's opportunity to be next woman up? We've seen players step up in the absence of others. Losing Sugar's D may mean there's no alternative but to give Bec more minutes with the expectation being the time to step up is now.

PostPosted: 06/24/17 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I double it's anything serious with Sugar. If it is, then R. Allen needs to find her shot ASAP. Or we will see more of Raincock at SF and a lot of L. Allen.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Lib Fan

PostPosted: 06/24/17 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I double it's anything serious with Sugar. If it is, then R. Allen needs to find her shot ASAP. Or we will see more of Raincock at SF and a lot of L. Allen.

Find her shot ? hard to do when they dont run plays for a 3 point shooter like Conn did ...our passing sucks !

"A shooter has to shoot" hard to do when you play 2 minutes a game !

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/24/17 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I hope you're right but did you see the game thread? According to a post she left the arena using an umbrella as a cane and left the arena with the trainer before the end of the game.

PostPosted: 06/24/17 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I hope you're right but did you see the game thread? According to a post she left the arena using an umbrella as a cane and left the arena with the trainer before the end of the game.

I'm no medical expert and I have no inside information. All I know is this. Watching the game on TV, the way Rodgers looked on the floor and then on the bench was worrisome. Reading the detailed description of how she looked leaving the arena was even more worrisome. I hope my concerns are unwarranted. I hope that Rodgers is 100% by Thursday night or soon thereafter. But I'm not reassured by toad's statement.

PostPosted: 06/25/17 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I noticed not all players were on the float unless I missed them. I see Zahui B., Stokes, Zellous, Hartley, R. Allen, Raincock-Ekunwe & Boyd. No Rodgers, Charles, L. Allen, Vaughn or Prince. Also on the float were Laimbeer & Katie Smith. And I think that's I. Thomas in the pink shirt?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 06/25/17 6:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I noticed not all players were on the float unless I missed them. I see Zahui B., Stokes, Zellous, Hartley, R. Allen, Raincock-Ekunwe & Boyd. No Rodgers, Charles, L. Allen, Vaughn or Prince. Also on the float were Laimbeer & Katie Smith. And I think that's I. Thomas in the pink shirt?

Thanks for sharing these great photos. It's terrific that all these people from the Liberty were on the float.

PostPosted: 06/25/17 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's really awesome that the players and coaches participated. The Liberty as an organization have really embraced diversity in the last few years, and definitely, IMO, have done more in that regard than during the Blaze years.

Part of me can't help but wonder about Sugar's condition being she isn't present in any of the pics. Since I tend to look at the schedule in clusters, kinda hoping/thinking 2-2 is a reasonable goal for a difficult road trip if Sugar is missing. After that the schedule honestly contains mostly teams NY should be able to beat. We will be done with SEA and PHX at that point and have 3 remaining with Indiana and Chicago each. While this is a season where anyone except SAS seems capable of winning on a given night, those are teams that from a matchup and talent standpoint we should be able to dominate if Sugar is back. And to get two teams who present matchup problems over with isn't the worst thing either. If we can get and stay healthy, I envision a serious second half run coming, particularly as Stokes gets herself more consistent. Which I think she will. She's too talented not to be more of factor rebounding and altering shots.

I really want to go down to DC on the 29th but I have a short turnaround to a family function over the weekend, so looks like I'll probably watch on TV instead. I will get up to Mohegan in August and be heard though. Laughing

PostPosted: 06/25/17 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
It's really awesome that the players and coaches participated. The Liberty as an organization have really embraced diversity in the last few years, and definitely, IMO, have done more in that regard than during the Blaze years.

Given some of the crap and outright shunning of LGBT fans done by Blaze...this is an understatement.

Blaze's idea of a pride night...throwing a GELSEN ad on before a game in august.

Or scheduling a game DURING pride parade then ripping LGBT fans for not showing up.

I was invited to walk with the float...despite some early consternation (I am an ally and an active one but I did not want to take from some of the LGBT couples who are STH) I am beyond glad I did...the players who were there were beyond thrilled REALLY into it.

Bill and Zeke were on before the float took off but did not see either when we merged...just calling it as I see it.

We knew Zellous was thrilled at the Libs doing this but Stokes, Zahui, Boyd and Raincock really were into it as well. And the crowd was into it and had a few seeming to remember the Libs fondly...I think we won back some fans.

But given the Blaze era...given the hide your lesbians culture...given that it took 21 years to do this...

Yeah...

THIS

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=745490212326389&set=pcb.745490415659702&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=745490345659709&set=pcb.745490415659702&type=3&theater

Those who know the history under blaze....and how long even with Sue coming out it took to embrace LGBT players and longer to accept LGBT fans...seeing Stokes and Zellous raising a NY Liberty Logo Rainbow flag in the middle of 5th...Yeah I got choked up at that just as I got choked up in 2011 when Bernert FINALLY got rainbow Pride shirts made available.

A lot of this goes to Bernert setting the pins...but Zeke, Clarke, Swin, Spoon and everyone else who's part of the great Liberty GM Hydra need full faith and credit of this.

This is my memory now of the Libs and LGBT...Stokes and Zellous raising the rainbow in front of at least 100k people on 5th...

Not Daley...

Not Wiggins...

Not Shirtgate 1 (even if that was a league issue)...

Not the 1000 sins of Blaze when it came to LGBT marketing and the borderline negative marketing.

This was new leaf turned...there is work to be done...Building love out of hate is work that never can be completed. Ever.

But this was groundbreaking...this certainly will sell tickets...but the players wore their own pride shirts or plain clothes, they weren't stuffed up in jerseys or there to sign autographs/pics...they were there more to enjoy the day more than the LTP and STH there to flank them...aside from pop hits o the day they didn't play lib songs...no respect...no gotta get up...no freedom...sure the float was advertising but I got the sense this was way more about the players...I'll just say it...things got R rated at points (as NYC Pride tends to do.) and it was BRILLIANT...it was wonderful...im sure people will think I'm romanticizing things and I am...but if you've been around long enough...you'll know why.

This is my team...My one and only team.

And on no day have I been prouder to support the Libs than today...

and It doesn't have a single damn thing to do about what was going on the court. (Which is solid so far)

This MEANS SOMETHING...and this should become a TRADITION...not only will it pay off at the gates...it's just the right thing to do...and more together play will win...

So looking forward to the next home game...and the 4 game roadie...but results mean that much less because the team showed me something that much more.

And I LOVE THIS TEAM.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 66 of 80

Jump to: