RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2017 Attrition, Transfer, and Injury Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/23/17 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ladyvol777 wrote:
WOW !!!!!! no DD for Tennessee

And no Cooper. Well, maybe THIS gives Tennessee a chance to reset their chemistry. And Jaime Nared a chance to shine....?

PostPosted: 06/23/17 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Ladyvol777 wrote:

And no Cooper. Well, maybe THIS gives Tennessee a chance to reset their chemistry.

Exactly. Tenn's problem in recent years hasn't been lack of talent, it's been chemistry, effort, and attitude. I think these departures may well be addition by subtraction. Certainly the uninspired defense and 10-turnover games won't be missed. Nared is a better player than DD anyway.

Last edited by FrozenLVFan on 06/23/17 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 06/23/17 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Because she's frustrated that no one is giving her favorite team the vastly inflated deference she erroneously believes is due.

I'm still trying to figure out how SCar for the first time joining the rather large club of 40+ schools that have been to the final four (a semi final, not a final, by the way) is supposed to explain the Davis and Gray transfers a month later.

I didn't see a flood of blue chip transfers the next year to Syracuse when they went to the title game or to UDub and OreSt when they, like SCar the year before, made their first FFs. Why didn't Davis and Gray choose UConn, ND or Maryland, each of which was also in the 2015 FF and each of which had one hell of a lot more impressive record of success. So going to their first final four ever doesn't seem to explain it, and it seems those asking why SCar has seen this parade of transfers might still have a point. Just stomping one's foot and repeating "it's because everybody loves a winner" doesn't explain it at all.

I am a HE. I think this may be the big issue here. I think most of y'all are women, and when women get all "pissy" they get all ugly with the trashing of other women: their clothes, fashion sense, hairstyles, how they trim their eyebrows. And since this IS about WOMEN'S collegiate basketball, perhaps that's why there are so many ugly and immature posts trashing other teams/players/head coaches, etc.

Gray was once a silent commit to USC before switching her commitment to UNC. Apparently when she decided to transfer from UNC, USC was her first choice. Kaela Davis' AAU team, Georgia Ice, was coached by her father, and DeShields was also a member of that team. Staley recruited both Davis and DeShields, who visited USC after she left UNC along with Te'a Cooper. Cooper was also recruited as was her older sister Mia who committed to USC but never made it in due to not passing admissions requirements. Apparently Staley is very close to Cooper's parents.

I think the same reason why these players went to UNC or UT in the first place is why they now came to USC: all are top level programs that have been or are now experiencing greater success, and these players want to be a part of that success while not going after it way across the country. And after all, Dawn Staley is STILL the face of women's basketball, and commands great respect within the sport at all levels. It's like wanting to play for Mike Krzyzewski in MBB, and for Nick Saban in CFB. Staley was up there with the Summitts, Auriemmas, McGraws, VanDerveers even before she started winning like them, and lately she's been doing more of that too....

This is one of the most sexist and offensive posts I've ever read on a sports forum, and that's saying a lot. You should apologize to the entire board. If you have issues with specific posters, either discuss it with them or take it up with a moderator instead of trashing everyone else.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/23/17 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#HeardItHereFirst About DD. i could not officially confirm but my sources confirmed ot wednesday not could not go public til today. And Yes I F*cking blame HOLLY. Sad day to be a lady vol.

PostPosted: 06/23/17 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
rumors starting about one of the country's top players skipping this season to play overseas & enter the draft in that order next season . Shocked I must say if this happens and its the player there saying i will never forgive the person in charge ! #EndOfStory Evil or Very Mad Arrow

#TheBeginning

PostPosted: 06/23/17 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:

I am a HE. I think this may be the big issue here. I think most of y'all are women, and when women get all "pissy" they get all ugly with the trashing of other women: their clothes, fashion sense, hairstyles, how they trim their eyebrows. And since this IS about WOMEN'S collegiate basketball, perhaps that's why there are so many ugly and immature posts trashing other teams/players/head coaches, etc.

Shocked

From an earlier post:

Conway Gamecock wrote:

I am in my 50s, and prefer to have mature discussions without the need for juvenile trolling and trashing....

Really?????

Laughing

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/23/17 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
#HeardItHereFirst About DD. i could not officially confirm but my sources confirmed ot wednesday not could not go public til today. And Yes I F*cking blame HOLLY. Sad day to be a lady vol.

Oh please. I have defended DD on here more than most people, but come on. She isn't everything. In fact, some days you have to admit she didn't even show up and nobody could figure out why (including me). It appears that she isn't as mature as I'd given her credit for being after all. If she can't keep her commitment and do what she said she was going to do which was stay, then I hope she didn't let the door hit her butt on the way out. I don't blame Holly, I put the blame where it belongs....on Miss Diamond DeShields herself.

PostPosted: 06/23/17 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Ladyvol777 wrote:

And no Cooper. Well, maybe THIS gives Tennessee a chance to reset their chemistry.

Exactly. Tenn's problem in recent years hasn't been lack of talent, it's been chemistry, effort, and attitude. I think these departures may well be addition by subtraction. Certainly the uninspired defense and 10-turnover games won't be missed. Nared is a better player than DD anyway.

Certainly she is more consistent, and more of a team player.

PostPosted: 06/23/17 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Because she's frustrated that no one is giving her favorite team the vastly inflated deference she erroneously believes is due.

I'm still trying to figure out how SCar for the first time joining the rather large club of 40+ schools that have been to the final four (a semi final, not a final, by the way) is supposed to explain the Davis and Gray transfers a month later.

I didn't see a flood of blue chip transfers the next year to Syracuse when they went to the title game or to UDub and OreSt when they, like SCar the year before, made their first FFs. Why didn't Davis and Gray choose UConn, ND or Maryland, each of which was also in the 2015 FF and each of which had one hell of a lot more impressive record of success. So going to their first final four ever doesn't seem to explain it, and it seems those asking why SCar has seen this parade of transfers might still have a point. Just stomping one's foot and repeating "it's because everybody loves a winner" doesn't explain it at all.

Gray was once a silent commit to USC before switching her commitment to UNC. Apparently when she decided to transfer from UNC, USC was her first choice. Kaela Davis' AAU team, Georgia Ice, was coached by her father, and DeShields was also a member of that team. Staley recruited both Davis and DeShields, who visited USC after she left UNC along with Te'a Cooper. Cooper was also recruited as was her older sister Mia who committed to USC but never made it in due to not passing admissions requirements. Apparently Staley is very close to Cooper's parents.

I think the same reason why these players went to UNC or UT in the first place is why they now came to USC: all are top level programs that have been or are now experiencing greater success, and these players want to be a part of that success while not going after it way across the country. And after all, Dawn Staley is STILL the face of women's basketball, and commands great respect within the sport at all levels. It's like wanting to play for Mike Krzyzewski in MBB, and for Nick Saban in CFB. Staley was up there with the Summitts, Auriemmas, McGraws, VanDerveers even before she started winning like them, and lately she's been doing more of that too....

I'm literally speechless right now Shocked

Which parts left you that way? The offensive parts or the delusional parts?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 06/23/17 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tenn's chemistry issues pre-dates DD arrival on campus.

Ladyvol777

PostPosted: 06/23/17 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee will be just fine this year.

Durantula

PostPosted: 06/24/17 5:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

You are painting every picture in a rosy way for South Carolina. Am I really supposed to believe Allisha Gray committed to South Carolina but there's no source of it anywhere? Why would she "silently commit"? So did she call up Dawn and decommit? I honestly never recall South Carolina being a serious player for Allisha Gray back in 2012. Yeah they were listed for her but I don't think anyone thought they were a strong contender. Given how they were not that good back then its certainly not a stretch to believe that.

I never heard Davis linked to South Carolina as a HS recruit either, so all of a sudden she wanted to commit there without visiting anyplace else?

A number of schools have recently been linked to Davis after her decommitment from Tennessee: Georgia, UCLA, Duke, Tennessee (which visited her twice this past month). But there has been no mention of Baylor until today which truly changes the landscape of her recruitment.
---------------
Eight months later, where Davis planned play college basketball was still a great mystery. The only official visit she had taken was to Tennessee, and Big Orange fans began thinking, after all the fan-fair, Davis would be a Lady Vol. Then, late in the month of October, MaChelle Joseph, in her 10th year at the helm for the Georgia Tech, received a call from Kaela, informing her that the Yellow Jackets had made her final list of schools, along with Duke and Tennessee.

There seems to be this revisionist history that South Carolina was always in the mix for the top recruits.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 06/24/17 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

I'm literally speechless right now Shocked

Which parts left you that way? The offensive parts or the delusional parts?

I've been on this board for 10 + years and seen a lot of crap spewed, but this is right up there as one of the most offensive things to come across Rebkell.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/24/17 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:

I've been on this board for 10 + years and seen a lot of crap spewed, but this is right up there as one of the most offensive things to come across Rebkell.

I haven't been on Rebkell ten years, but I've posted on a variety of sports forums about a variety of sports for thirty years, since the days of the text based Prodigy message boards. And this is not only one of the most offensive posts I've ever seen, it's easily among the top ten most ignorant, ridiculous, delusional posts I've seen in thirty years. And I've seen a lot of real nonsense over that time.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 06/27/17 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alexa Middleton to Iowa State. She'll have to sit out a year.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 06/27/17 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:

I hope that works for Alexa. Fennelly likes tall guards to jack it up from downtown. The problem is that all of his 5 star players are perimeter wings. He doesn't really have a solid guard who can drive to the basket; or a solid power forward or a strong post. The team has limited variety on both sides of the ball.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/28/17 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

I hope that works for Alexa. Fennelly likes tall guards to jack it up from downtown. The problem is that all of his 5 star players are perimeter wings. He doesn't really have a solid guard who can drive to the basket; or a solid power forward or a strong post. The team has limited variety on both sides of the ball.

UCLA, Florida State, Florida Gulf Coast and Belmont were her other options.

PostPosted: 06/28/17 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

IIRC Alexa's considerations were also academic. I forget what her field is exactly, but Iowa State has an unparalleled writing program that extends into a number of fields. That may have been part of the attraction.

PostPosted: 06/28/17 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

IIRC Alexa's considerations were also academic. I forget what her field is exactly, but Iowa State has an unparalleled writing program that extends into a number of fields. That may have been part of the attraction.

That isn't Iowa State, that is the University of Iowa.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 06/28/17 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Iowa State recruited her when she was in HS. She's been quoted as saying she wanted to go to a place where she felt comfortable and that would prepare her to play pro ball. She also said she visited FGC, FSU, and Belmont but did not mention UCLA. Her major at Tenn was advertising.

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/womens-basketball/2017/06/27/former-lady-vol-alexa-middleton-going-iowa-state/433829001/

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa-state/basketball-womens/2017/06/27/iowa-state-women-land-long-pursued-tennessee-transfer/433769001/

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/29/17 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Texas A&M adds grad trasfer from UTEP, G Lulu McKinney.

PostPosted: 06/30/17 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

6'4" C Ashanti Thomas left PennState earlier this summer. Will use her last two years of eligibility at Butler.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/30/17 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When the NCAA checks into the PED chicken scratch that Dawn feeds her flock of birdies , the poop will hit the fan. #WaitForIT

PostPosted: 06/30/17 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why poke that particular skunk again? We've already seen how nasty the retaliatory spray is.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/30/17 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
When the NCAA checks into the PED chicken scratch that Dawn feeds her flock of birdies , the poop will hit the fan. #WaitForIT

That would explain Allisha Gray's mustache...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 24 of 27

Jump to: