8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Wings
91%
 91%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 12

Randy

PostPosted: 06/21/17 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've seen enough of her already. Lyttle returns in week or so - might be curtains for Holivay.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/21/17 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Fighting Artichoke wrote:
toad455 wrote:
The Stars are just terrible. Feel bad for them. This franchise must be scratching their heads on what to do. There two picks(Plum & Coffey) are busts, and DeSouza should be retired.

Too early to tell whether either Plum or Coffey are busts, and the future looks bright for the Stars because they keep stockpiling young talent. They are all but guaranteed the best chance to get the first pick in the draft next season, right?

If it is too early to tell if Coffey and Plum are busts, isn't it too early to tell if they are stockpiling young talent?

Food for thought Idea

PostPosted: 06/21/17 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I've seen enough of her already. Lyttle returns in week or so - might be curtains for Holivay.

You must be in love with The Microvave.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/21/17 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

Another player with Tiiiiiiiime !!!

PostPosted: 06/21/17 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Those add up to 40:00 exactly.
Plum wasn't given any time at SG.
She must be considered strictly a PG.
Gotta keep draft invite Holmes happy
with some minutes at SG, I suppose.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/21/17 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
WNBA Superfan, Candice Wiggins, is in attendance for today's game

Wiggins is friends with Diggins. Real friendship doesn't change over petty stuff.

Wiggy supplied an iso video of Diggins vs Plum, who finishes the clip with easily getting trapped. Rookies...

https://scontent-ort2-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/19431273_851407658341758_5715683258507722752_n.mp4

sigur3

PostPosted: 06/21/17 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

imo, publicly (and incorrectly) calling into question the sexuality of 100+ former colleagues/peers qualifies as a bit more than "petty stuff"

Randy

PostPosted: 06/21/17 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

No love here. Its a matter of who I like least. Holivay just doesn't seem to be getting better and she really doesn't seem to be in shape, esp. as compared to last year. Microwave shows up to play. Hooper and the emergence of Sykes does make Microwave vulnerable.

I'd actually be happier to get Burdick back if the Liberty cut her. Then both might go.

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 06/21/17 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know how well they know each other, but there is history between Wiggins and Plum too. They went to the same high school, and Plum's club team (Wiggins Waves) was sponsored by Wiggins. Wiggins apparently wasn't pleased that Plum picked Washington Razz (though it's not like she got an offer from Stanford).

Shades

PostPosted: 06/21/17 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Among all sophomores, Hollivay is leader in FG% at 80% (4-5)
Microvave is third from the bottom at 28.6% (6-21)
Only two below Microwave are Hampton at 20% (3-15) & Ibekwe at 11.1% (1-9)

I dunno what happened to Hampton. She went from decent at Minnesota to a star overseas to crap at Chicago. She might be a nice pickup for somebody.

tfan

PostPosted: 06/21/17 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This article talks about how Wiggins and Diggins became friends.

They are only 3 1/2 years apart in age, but Wiggins wasn't at Stanford when Diggins made her recruiting trip there (although they did meet then). Wiggins started college at age 17 and Diggins at age 19.

BoredyMcbored

PostPosted: 06/21/17 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MoJef is a much better PG than Plums. I guess the only reason she's coming off the bench is so their 2nd unit can have someone reliable to score?

PostPosted: 06/21/17 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
WNBA Superfan, Candice Wiggins, is in attendance for today's game

Wiggins is there to watch the only heterosexual woman in the WNBA. (I'm using Wiggins stats not mine.)

PostPosted: 06/21/17 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the stars just find ways to lose games.

PostPosted: 06/21/17 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good win by the wings.We were very fortunate.Winning a game where you shoot 10 percentage pts lower than the opposition(49%/38%)doesn't happen very often.The referees also played their part.Johnson & Skylar have found their rhythm.Both are playing like all-stars.Hopefully dallas can get the 2nd game of the home/home on friday.

Plum should go to coach VJ and request a demotion to the bench.It makes no sense to be the starter,but end up playing less than 8 minutes.I believe a move to the bench would relax,and take some pressure off of plum.It would also eliminate most of the resentment between Plum,her teammates,and the coaching staff.VJ clearly has no interest in playing Plum.The funny thing is,Plum would probably play better,and get more minutes as the backup.Damn shame Coffey isn't getting any playing time.

Last edited by zune69 on 06/22/17 12:46 am; edited 2 times in total
scrappy

PostPosted: 06/22/17 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Good win by the wings.We were very fortunate.Winning a game were you shoot 10% pts lower than the opposition(49%/38%)doesn't happen very often.The referees also played their part.Johnson & Skylar have found their rhythm.Both are playing like all-stars.Hopefully dallas can get the 2nd game of the home/home on friday.

Plum should go to coach VJ and request a demotion to the bench.It makes no sense to be the starter,but end up playing less than 8 minutes.I believe a move to the bench would relax,and take some pressure off of plum.It would also eliminate most of the resentment between Plum,her teammates,and the coaching staff.VJ clearly has no interest in playing Plum.The funny thing is,Plum would probably play better,and get more minutes as the backup.Damn shame Coffey isn't getting any playing time.

mcbride needs to pass god damn ball once in a while!

PostPosted: 06/22/17 6:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Currie has pretty sticky hands too.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 06/22/17 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Good win by the wings.We were very fortunate.Winning a game were you shoot 10% pts lower than the opposition(49%/38%)doesn't happen very often.The referees also played their part.Johnson & Skylar have found their rhythm.Both are playing like all-stars.Hopefully dallas can get the 2nd game of the home/home on friday.

mcbride needs to pass god damn ball once in a while!

Well today both MoJeff and Currie took more shots than McBride in fewer minutes played.

Angus24

PostPosted: 06/22/17 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another game that SAS should have won. VJ's substitutions not quite as crazy as in previous games so maybe there is hope that things will get better. Good to see that she finally realized that Currie way better than Montgomery. Maybe eventually she will realize that Alexander is better than de Souza. Her management of player rotations is so unlike the coaches she played for in the WNBA it is beyond belief.

bullsky

PostPosted: 06/22/17 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What's going on with Coffey?

PostPosted: 06/22/17 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:

Nia failed to add any sugar which put a very bitter taste in Coach VJ's mouth Cool

PostPosted: 06/22/17 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
bullsky wrote:

Nia failed to add any sugar which put a very bitter taste in Coach VJ's mouth Cool

I think the problem is she is not as good as Harrison or Hamby at 4, or Currie/Montgomery at the 3.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 06/22/17 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
bullsky wrote:

I think the problem is she is not as good as Harrison or Hamby at 4, or Currie/Montgomery at the 3.

But she HAS to have a better upside than Montgomery. The Stars aren't going anywhere this season so she should be getting more minutes. Plus the Stars need to know what they have so they know what they need in the 2018 draft.

tfan

PostPosted: 06/22/17 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
bullsky wrote:

An old Iranian coffee shop owner once admonished me as I reached for the Splenda - "No! Try and celebrate the bitterness Coffee is supposed to be bitter".

I think the problem with Coffey, besides that she is a rookie, is that she has the body of a WNBA 3, and played 4 in college. From a comment she made in the pre-season about looking forward to playing against Candace Dupree, she still wants to play the four.

Last edited by tfan on 06/22/17 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 06/22/17 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
bullsky wrote:

But she HAS to have a better upside than Montgomery. The Stars aren't going anywhere this season so she should be getting more minutes. Plus the Stars need to know what they have so they know what they need in the 2018 draft.

Maybe they think they do already know. (Whether right or wrong.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: