PostPosted: 06/21/17 3:31 pm    ::: The ESPYs Reply Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/espys/story/_/page/voting41/all-links

Plum in Best Female College Athlete
http://www.espn.com/espys/story/_/page/voting31/best-female-college-athlete

Taurasi in Best Record-Breaking Performance
http://www.espn.com/espys/story/_/page/voting5/best-record-breaking-performance

MSU defeating UConn Women Basketball in Best Upset
http://www.espn.com/espys/story/_/page/voting6/best-upset

Candace Parker in Best Comeback Athlete (Where did she go?)
http://www.espn.com/espys/story/_/page/voting8/best-comeback-athlete

South Carolina Women's Basketball in Best Team
http://www.espn.com/espys/story/_/page/voting17/best-team

Candace Parker in Best Female Athlete
http://www.espn.com/espys/story/_/page/voting2/best-female-athlete

Charles, Delle Donne, Moore, Ogwumike, and Parker in Best WNBA Player
http://www.espn.com/espys/story/_/page/voting24/best-wnba-player

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 06/21/17 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anybody at all really care about the Epsy's?

toad455

PostPosted: 06/21/17 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

No.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
sigur3

PostPosted: 06/21/17 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What is Candace Parker coming back from?

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 06/21/17 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting that Parker is nominated for Best female athlete and Best WNBA player despite not making any of the All-WNBA teams Shocked

toad455

PostPosted: 06/21/17 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Interesting that Parker is nominated for Best female athlete and Best WNBA player despite not making any of the All-WNBA teams Shocked

Or being left off the Olympic team.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zvyn3

PostPosted: 06/21/17 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

Or being left off the Olympic team.

Sounds like the the ESPYs actually nominate the best players instead of selecting based on politics. Crazy, I know.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 06/22/17 12:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

I do not.

I'm not sure if the players themselves think the ESPY's are all that important either! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 07/12/17 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Parker won Best WNBA Player

Miss State won Best Upset

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 07/12/17 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I suppose literally they're not directly inconsistant, but it seems a little odd for someone to be both best comeback athlete and best athlete.

Guess that's quite a comeback to go from somewhere far down the list (presumably) not just back to good, but all the way to #1.

Or, the categories and selections could just be ESPN nonsense.

Hmmmm.......I think I'll go with "ESPN nonsense" as the most likely explanation.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 07/12/17 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

I am glad that Miss State won best upset because it was.

Parker winning best come back player and best wnba player is a joke!!!

SDHoops

PostPosted: 07/13/17 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is Parker's a millionth award by the ESPY's aka the male dominated awards and a few token women's awards to the prettiest girl Rolling Eyes . To have Parker win that award and to not even be in the top 5 or maybe even 10 for MVP both last season and this season is an absolute joke. I mean, a minimum requirement should be to be the best player on your team. I guess bitching and whining about being left off the USA team and then doing a smear campaign on UConn gets you what you want sometimes in this world! But jokes on her, over half her all-star starter teammates are Huskies so are half the starters in the game overall! Oh my, the conspiracy! Geno is running the WNBA All-Star game too Wink

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/13/17 12:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
This is Parker's a millionth award by the ESPY's aka the male dominated awards and a few token women's awards to the prettiest girl Rolling Eyes . To have Parker win that award and to not even be in the top 5 or maybe even 10 for MVP both last season and this season is an absolute joke. I mean, a minimum requirement should be to be the best player on your team. I guess bitching and whining about being left off the USA team and then doing a smear campaign on UConn gets you what you want sometimes in this world! But jokes on her, over half her all-star starter teammates are Huskies so are half the starters in the game overall! Oh my, the conspiracy! Geno is running the WNBA All-Star game too Wink

Questionable decision, I agree. Although questionable decisions seem to be the norm when it comes to women's basketball and the ESPYs.
But for the record, Parker was in the top 5 in MVP voting last season.

PostPosted: 07/13/17 6:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
To have Parker win that award and to not even be in the top 5 or maybe even 10 for MVP both last season and this season is an absolute joke.

Parker was 5th in MVP voting last season

PostPosted: 07/13/17 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:

You mad huh Laughing Shocked Laughing . Theres another rant from this poster in another thread about parker. Either shes not someones favorite or theres a secret hidden agenda Laughing She got her Title , The Princess bashing is over if you havent heard Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 07/13/17 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
This is Parker's a millionth award by the ESPY's aka the male dominated awards and a few token women's awards to the prettiest girl :roll: . To have Parker win that award and to not even be in the top 5 or maybe even 10 for MVP both last season and this season is an absolute joke. I mean, a minimum requirement should be to be the best player on your team. I guess bitching and whining about being left off the USA team and then doing a smear campaign on UConn gets you what you want sometimes in this world! But jokes on her, over half her all-star starter teammates are Huskies so are half the starters in the game overall! Oh my, the conspiracy! Geno is running the WNBA All-Star game too ;)

You mad huh :lol: :shock: :lol: . Theres another rant from this poster in another thread about parker. Either shes not someones favorite or theres a secret hidden agenda :lol: She got her Title , The Princess bashing is over if you havent heard

Somebody's coming for my Barony.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
lynxmania

PostPosted: 07/13/17 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

I am glad that Miss State won best upset because it was.

Parker winning best come back player and best wnba player is a joke!!!

She didn't win Best Comeback Player. Jordy Nelson did. She just had a nomination in that category, but I can't tell you why tho. Laughing

caune

PostPosted: 07/13/17 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

You mad huh Laughing Shocked Laughing . Theres another rant from this poster in another thread about parker. Either shes not someones favorite or theres a secret hidden agenda Laughing She got her Title , The Princess bashing is over if you havent heard Rolling Eyes
Ummm. I think it's the Princess part that gets her bashed 😉

PostPosted: 07/13/17 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Ummm. I think it's the Princess part that gets her bashed 😉

Somehow I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 07/13/17 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know about comeback player but she could have been nominated for Best Championship Performance.

The Ogwumike Sisters looked beautiful.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 07/13/17 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

Oh shush Wink Parker is a whiny, lazy, entitled brat and yeah. I must be going senile already, but the fact that she was Top 5 last year? We need to do better WNBA

calbearman76

PostPosted: 07/13/17 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know it isn't popular to not dump on ESPN, and I have never been a fan of the ESPYs, but in this case they probably got it right. As I understand the way the ESPYs work is they use the last complete season of each sport. Candace Parker won the finals MVP and finished in the top 5 voting for the regular season. I could have seen Nneka as well, but Parker is certainly a reasonable choice. As for comeback player, she only played half of the 2015 season, so coming back from that year to leading the Sparks to the championship is quite a comeback.

tfan

PostPosted: 07/13/17 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2017 ESPYS: Candace Parker wins Best WNBA Player

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 07/13/17 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

Questionable decision, I agree. Although questionable decisions seem to be the norm when it comes to women's basketball and the ESPYs.
But for the record, Parker was in the top 5 in MVP voting last season.
Final MVP too.

jap

PostPosted: 07/13/17 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lailaa says Candace is also the best mom and the mom with the cutest kid. Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: