someone else
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 40

pilight

PostPosted: 06/19/17 8:01 am    ::: ROY Reply Reply with quote

Monday Poll time!

PostPosted: 06/19/17 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Poole should be option 1 Gray and option 2 someone else. It's clear that unless something unexpected happens, Gray is the only player deserving the award.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/19/17 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At this point there doesn't even seem to be 5 rookies worthy of being named to the All Rookie team. I only have four: Gray, Davis, Talbot & Whitcomb. Of course this will give the league an excuse to put Plum on the team.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 06/19/17 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
At this point there doesn't even seem to be 5 rookies worthy of being named to the All Rookie team. I only have four: Gray, Davis, Talbot & Whitcomb. Of course this will give the league an excuse to put Plum on the team.

Chong hasn't been spectacular but very sturdy in the toughest position for a rookie.

Laimbeer will probably be lobbying for Allen, but he's the biggest homer.

Sykes hasn't been too bad. Better than Plum?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 06/20/17 8:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtbtbtb wrote:
The Poole should be option 1 Gray and option 2 someone else. It's clear that unless something unexpected happens, Gray is the only player deserving the award.

As long as Gray and Talbot average at least 20 minutes/game and play enough games to qualify they will remain on the list.

PostPosted: 06/20/17 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's the rookies in order of ampg.
I suspect Allen's minutes to creep down especially when Prince comes back and when Laimbeer starts tightening his rotation in anticipation of the playoffs.
Chong's minutes could creep up as Williams gains confidence in her. Hard to say though. If her minutes go up that means another perimeter player's minutes have to go down, and things get crowded when Powers returns. Maybe 15 min will be optimal for her.

Sykes' minutes are on the low side, but Whitcomb's are even lower.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/20/17 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still say the league will make sure Plum gets on the All-Rookie regardless of her numbers.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
scrappy

PostPosted: 06/20/17 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I still say the league will make sure Plum gets on the All-Rookie regardless of her numbers.

no doubt plum is struggling. but she is playing in a bad team. if the league wants to make her good, get her to seattle. that's one team she can grow and flourish.

if she can sell jerseys and tickets, the storm is not only place.

PostPosted: 06/20/17 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

no doubt plum is struggling. but she is playing in a bad team. if the league wants to make her good, get her to seattle. that's one team she can grow and flourish.

No. 1 picks almost always go to bad teams (except in cases of shenanigans). Sometimes the No. 1 pick is good enough to make the team less bad.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/20/17 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
scrappy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

No. 1 picks almost always go to bad teams (except in cases of shenanigans). Sometimes the No. 1 pick is good enough to make the team less bad.

But in those cases they give the reigns to that No.1 and have her lead the team in good times and bad. She seems restricted by the coach and the rotations

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 06/20/17 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
scrappy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

X__________

Great players are able to make an impact regardless of minutes. If Seattle wants Plum that bad then they should have to pony up something pretty substantial. #1 pick for a #1. Anything less than that, SASS should not consider.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/21/17 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
scrappy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

X__________

Great players are able to make an impact regardless of minutes. If Seattle wants Plum that bad then they should have to pony up something pretty substantial. #1 pick for a #1. Anything less than that, SASS should not consider.

Laughing Storm are not going to give you Steward or Loyd for Plum. There isnt even a 1% chance

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 06/21/17 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
scrappy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

X__________

Laughing Storm are not going to give you Steward or Loyd for Plum. There isnt even a 1% chance

Lmao, but I thought everyone was on board with Plum being the heir apparent to Bird? Twisted Evil

blaase22

PostPosted: 06/21/17 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stars should say no thanks to the storm's trash ( kml,Swords) Laughing
Think Stars are better off just keeping Lady Plum or asking for seattle's 2018 first rounder.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 06/21/17 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle's first round pick for Plum seems like the right trade if Seattle see potential in Plum that is not being realized. Plum can develop slowly in Seattle, depending on where they fall SA can add Wilson and someone or Deshields and someone both of which would be a better fit in SA with Jefferson and McBride.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/21/17 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Seattle's first round pick for Plum seems like the right trade if Seattle see potential in Plum that is not being realized. Plum can develop slowly in Seattle, depending on where they fall SA can add Wilson and someone or Deshields and someone both of which would be a better fit in SA with Jefferson and McBride.

Im oke with giving up our first round pick for Plum because we are going to make the playoffs so it will be lower but i have tbh that i have no clue about next years draft players. I dont watch college ball

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 06/21/17 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Im oke with giving up our first round pick for Plum because we are going to make the playoffs so it will be lower but i have tbh that i have no clue about next years draft players. I dont watch college ball

Barring no injuries, next year's draft is shaping up to be pretty good. Some playoff bound teams this year will still be able to end up with a pretty good player next year. Undoubtedly some teams will screw the pooch and let some pretty good players slip further down than expected.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/21/17 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

You don't want to give up your first round pick next year.

SEA didn't seem interested in Plum this year. Gave up #6 for Swords. No trade rumors for Plum out of Seattle. What changes now?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/21/17 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

You don't want to give up your first round pick next year.

SEA didn't seem interested in Plum this year. Gave up #6 for Swords. No trade rumors for Plum out of Seattle. What changes now?

Maybe because they can get her cheaper now then before the draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: