View previous topic :: View next topic  
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 06/20/17 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I wonder if the Wings would considering trading Powers considering how well Davis, Gray & Chong are all performing?

Next year? I say don't bring Christmas back. Whether they core and trade Christmas, I dunno. Is Christmas worth max money to a team like, say, the Liberty?

Kelly of Christmas Kelly is a coach at a HS in Marietta, GA. I think the dots connect straight to Atlanta.

You want her as a high-priced backup to McCoughtry or Hayes?

Seems fitting that shes the one to go with the young rising talent we have at that position. KD / Gray / Powers / Diggins & Chong could be together for years to come. Although the most consistent all around player we have is karima So unless we can luck up with a nice young rookie next year with a little size on the perimeter along with being able to bang with the big gals we might need to keep KCK . Only player that comes to mind would be DD ijs Idea

Kelly is under valued by many people here, but I think the wings need to keep her, they should trade KD, who I can't see being on the floor with powers. If the wings miss the playoffs and miss out out on Wilson, then Billings at 6'3 would be a good pick up, if not then they should take Gabby Williams. Williams could come in and be a starting wing, and also guard some 4's in the league and possibly a replacement for Johnson, Gabby is basically Thornton with a much high upside.
Randy

PostPosted: 06/20/17 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Not sure Angel will be coming this year, next year or ever, but I simply don't know. Dream have lots of capspace, money is no object. I've said for a while now Dream should move on from Angel - trade her.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/20/17 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:

Not sure Angel will be coming this year, next year or ever, but I simply don't know. Dream have lots of capspace, money is no object. I've said for a while now Dream should move on from Angel - trade her.

Plum + SAN's first round in 2018 for McCoughtry Shocked
Might work for both sides, but I'd feel blessed that you have an elite player that actually hasn't demanded a trade. Treat her right and she might stay beyond the obligatory 10 years.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 06/20/17 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:

Might work for both sides, but I'd feel blessed that you have an elite player that actually hasn't demanded a trade. Treat her right and she might stay beyond the obligatory 10 years.

Works for me. Or maybe Angel for C-K and Wings No. 1 pick 2018.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/20/17 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:

Fred does love McCoughtry, but he already has Powers and Davis who can play the position... so I dunno. Play Powers 10 mpg behind McCoughtry and slot Davis behind Gray? That's a lot of egos to keep happy. Can Fred handle that?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/20/17 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:

No , No & Hell No. No more headcases

PostPosted: 06/20/17 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You may be right. Not sure which teams would want Angel but she fills a scarce position. Fred has probably done better with her than anyone. Sparks might make more sense, but what assets would they give up.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/21/17 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
You may be right. Not sure which teams would want Angel but she fills a scarce position. Fred has probably done better with her than anyone. Sparks might make more sense, but what assets would they give up.

Fred can go too , Ive had enough of his weird patterns . I for see things only getting more confusing once powers comes back . Angel needs to go to a team like NY . Some place where she can let her true form evolve Cool

PostPosted: 06/24/17 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
If you win the lottery, you take the best player. At this point it looks like hands down, it is Aja. I disagree that she is a 5 in the W. To me she is clearly a 4 - like a better version of Breland (and I like Breland). But SAS is the big favorite to win the lottery anyway so Dallas is probably looking at the #3 or #4 at best.

If Dallas doesn't make the playoffs, they'd be in good position for #2. They were in the lottery this year (and Curt Miller would agree they made good use of that pick with Shaqator). Chicago's own pick was #9. So, yeah.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/29/17 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Life in WNBA teaches Dallas Wings' Saniya Chong something she just wasn't going to learn in college

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/moresports/2017/06/28/life-wnba-teaches-dallas-wingssaniya-chong-something-just-going-learn-college

Quote:
She spent the last four years being programmed at Connecticut that losing was not an option on the basketball court. Because it wasn't.

Quote:
And in her first month with the Wings, Chong lost more games than she lost in four seasons at Connecticut.

Quote:

Add it all up and Chong and her Huskies went 863 days between defeats. As an athlete, as a competitor, she forgot how to lose.

The irony now is that she has started her professional career where her college career ended -- in North Texas. Mississippi State upset Connecticut at the American Airlines Center. Two months later, Chong was plying her craft at College Park Center.

Quote:
Williams also drafted Connecticut players in each of his previous two stints as a WNBA coach, Shea Ralph at the Utah Starzz in 2001 and Tiffany Hayes at the Atlanta Dream in 2012. Williams became sold on Chong after watching her and the Huskies play at SMU in 2016.

"I liked her willpower and relentlessness on defense," said Williams after a recent practice. "Even if someone was quicker than her, faster than her, she was always working the angles to get a tip, a steal or get into the passing lane to make a play. I just liked her demeanor. I thought if there was a chance to draft her, then we as a team are going to draft her and give her a shot."

Quote:
"You need to bring your A-game each and every night. I love it."

FemmeFatale

PostPosted: 06/29/17 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aerial could be back within the next 2 weeks
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2017/06/29/dallas-wings-guard-aerial-powers-return-injury-within-next-two-weeks

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/30/17 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FemmeFatale wrote:
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2017/06/29/dallas-wings-guard-aerial-powers-return-injury-within-next-two-weeks

Hopefully been waiting a while , so after ASG most likely she will be ready.

PostPosted: 06/30/17 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
FemmeFatale wrote:

Hopefully been waiting a while , so after ASG most likely she will be ready.

I would assume both her & Paris will be back after the All-star game.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69

PostPosted: 06/30/17 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas could really use Powers right now.Despite the 4 game win streak,the wings raw numbers are very poor.

Offense:
Fg%(8th)
3pt%(8th)
Reb(8th)
Asst(10th)

Defense:

Fg%(11th)
Pts(12th)
asst(10th)

Dallas' biggest strength has been their ability to get to the free throw line,and hit at a high rate.The wings have a +5.0 per game FT attempt advantage on their opponents.The wings are also very resilient.Dallas has won 4 games where they've trailed by double digits in the 2nd half(LAS,Wash,SA-2x)...Having a 3-0 record versus SA really helps.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/30/17 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Dallas could really use Powers right now.Despite the 4 game win streak,the wings raw numbers are very poor.

Offense:
Fg%(8th)
3pt%(8th)
Reb(8th)
Asst(10th)

Defense:

Fg%(11th)
Pts(12th)
asst(10th)

Dallas' biggest strength has been their ability to get to the free throw line,and hit at a high rate.The wings have a +5.0 per game FT attempt advantage on their opponents.The wings are also very resilient.Dallas has won 4 games where they've trailed by double digits in the 2nd half(LAS,Wash,SA-2x)...Having a 3-0 record versus SA really helps.

We could Really use Cambage , the offense is not at its best but the defense needs to improve DRAMATICALLY , i know if a team scores 90 were losing for sure no doubt about it . When they dont we win simple

PostPosted: 07/03/17 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Swish Appeal says Diamond DeShields was at a recent Dallas Wings game and asked a player for Bridget Petis's phone number and told a reporter that she will be here in Dallas for the next WNBA season.

Randy

PostPosted: 07/03/17 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Swish Appeal says Diamond DeShields was at a recent Dallas Wings game and asked a player for Bridget Petis's phone number and told a reporter that she will be here in Dallas for the next WNBA season.

Doesn't lack in self confidence. What makes her better than Gray, Powers, Christmas or Davis for that matter?

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 07/03/17 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Doesn't lack in self confidence. What makes her better than Gray, Powers, Christmas or Davis for that matter?

Since DD has finished her 4 year commitment in college and will be playing a full season overseas, does this mean she will be a free agent for the 2018 WNBA season? Seems like judging from the story on Swish Appeal that she can sign with which ever team she wants. I thought a player becomes a free agent and can fore go the draft if she graduates and plays a full season overseas.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/03/17 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Randy wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Since DD has finished her 4 year commitment in college and will be playing a full season overseas, does this mean she will be a free agent for the 2018 WNBA season? Seems like judging from the story on Swish Appeal that she can sign with which ever team she wants. I thought a player becomes a free agent and can fore go the draft if she graduates and plays a full season overseas.

Word is that she will still have to enter the draft ,but if she can skip it then that would be awesome .

PostPosted: 07/03/17 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Randy wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Word is that she will still have to enter the draft ,but if she can skip it then that would be awesome .

Oh ok. Was just wondering. Glad she doesn't want to play in Connecticut. I don't care how good a player she might become. She seems like a total headcase to me. Don't need that kinda energy on the Sun team. They got rid of Bone last year for that. You can have her in Dallas. She will pair well with the other headcases they have on their roster.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/03/17 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Randy wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Oh ok. Was just wondering. Glad she doesn't want to play in Connecticut. I don't care how good a player she might become. She seems like a total headcase to me. Don't need that kinda energy on the Sun team. They got rid of Bone last year for that. You can have her in Dallas. She will pair well with the other headcases they have on their roster.

Let some optimism rise at least our headcases will both be Lady vols so they might find a common ground ya know Cool

PostPosted: 07/03/17 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Randy wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Let some optimism rise at least our headcases will both be Lady vols so they might find a common ground ya know Cool

Haha thats true.

shontay33

PostPosted: 07/03/17 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

Laughing Love the rumors flying around. Must be from a "valid" source.

Randy

PostPosted: 07/03/17 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah - Swish Appeal has had a few airballs now and then.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 07/03/17 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there a reason to doubt the report? Would anyone be surprised if Diamond and Daddy DeShields think they've figured out a way to game the system? I wouldn't. Sounds just like something they would do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 30 of 36

Jump to: