View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/19/17 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

trying to figure out the importance here ? Im failing epically Laughing a little help ?

Looks to me like a list of all the WNBA's top scorers.
(1997 would have taken quite some effort to put together)

Aha thanks Luuc , looks like ruthie Bolton and coop/leslie were battling it out that first year. Then Coop took off , took a few years for lisa to catch her then eventually TT came into play now surpassed by the great DT! Wonder how long will it take for cappie or Maya to catch up if they ever do .

I very much doubt Cappie will, since she is more than 1000 points behind, but Maya certainly has a chance. Her first 6 years aren't too far behind Diana's first 6, so just making sure she doesn't skip a year, and taking care of her wisdom teeth over the winter months rather than during the season, could be enough to give her the edge.

PostPosted: 06/19/17 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Wonder how long will it take for cappie or Maya to catch up if they ever do .

The Warrior Princess held the All Time lead for almost seven years. Before that LLL held it for a little over nine. Before that Coop had it for four and change.

PostPosted: 06/19/17 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tina Charles is my pick for the next to take over the mark. It looks like if she keeps her average up she will be where Taurasi is now in about 5 years.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/19/17 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Tina Charles is my pick for the next to take over the mark. It looks like if she keeps her average up she will be where Taurasi is now in about 5 years.

Maybe. We'll have to see where the record ends up. Tina Thompson was older than Taurasi is now when she broke Lisa Leslie's record and wound up adding 1200+ more points. If Taurasi pushes the record out to 9000 or so it will be hard to break.

PostPosted: 06/19/17 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wilbon & Cornheiser seem to think cheryl miller is still the greatest followed by swoopes. I wonder if cp3 had the scoring lead would she be mentioned in this breath also.

PostPosted: 06/19/17 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it will be hard for anyone to beat out Taurasi, it is already a very hard goal to achieve, and she will end with a much higher total than she has now if she plays consistently until the 2020 season, even if her ppg drops significantly in a year or two.

My list of current players who I think have a chance to pass her in descending order of likelihood

McCoughtry
Moore
Charles
EDD (has the best chance but health issues could derail her)
N. Ogwumike

threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 06/19/17 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nice New York Times article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/19/sports/basketball/wnba-diana-tuarasi-sue-bird.html

"A version of this article appears in print on June 20, 2017, on Page B7 of the New York edition with the headline: Friends at UConn, Two W.N.B.A. Stars Rewrite Record Book."

Genero36

PostPosted: 06/20/17 7:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Wilbon & Cornheiser seem to think cheryl miller is still the greatest followed by swoopes. I wonder if cp3 had the scoring lead would she be mentioned in this breath also.

Kornheiser think Taurasi is #1, while Wilbon thinks it's Miller.

Discussed at 15:45:

<embed><iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/e5of0lrJ-V4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5of0lrJ-V4

PostPosted: 06/20/17 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Kornheiser think Taurasi is #1, while Wilbon thinks it's Miller.

Discussed at 15:45:

<embed><iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/e5of0lrJ-V4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5of0lrJ-V4

Glad to see the W getting some recognition without any subliminal jokes or banter afterwards #TimesArechangingFolks

PostPosted: 06/20/17 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone have Taurasi's career technical fouls total? I'm sure she's #1 in that, as well as scoring.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/20/17 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:
Does anyone have Taurasi's career technical fouls total? I'm sure she's #1 in that, as well as scoring.

Likely No. 1 in suspensions as well.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/20/17 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Diana Taurasi the Greatest Women's Basketball Player of All Time?

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/is-diana-taurasi-the-greatest-womens-basketball-player-of-all-time

Quote:
Win shares also will tell you that Karl Malone was better than Michael Jordan and that Reggie Miller was better than Kobe Bryant, and almost no one would make either claim. Even with advanced stats, these conversations always resist easy answers.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: