RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the impeachment begin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/03/17 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Howee wrote:
Quote:
The White House on Friday refused to rule out the possibility of Trump invoking his presidential powers to block Comey’s testimony.

So, my fine Legal Experts, how is THIS even remotely possible??? I can understand Executive Privilege keeping Trump from being coerced to testify, but.....anyone he talked to can be prevented from speaking??? Shocked

I believe it is because Comey was talking with Trump as part of his job in the executive branch.

Depends whose privilege it is.

Fifth amendment - it belongs to the witness, so the witness can choose whether or not to testify.

Doctor patient or attorney-client, it belongs to the patient or client, so the doctor or lawyer can't choose to testify over the objection of the patient or client.

Executive privilege - it belongs to the executive. The government employee can't testify if the executive objects.

Doesn't mean "anyone he talks to". There are parameters to the nature of the communication that must be satisfied for the privilege to apply. There's probably a serious question here whether executive privilege would apply.

Howee

PostPosted: 06/04/17 1:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Doesn't mean "anyone he talks to". There are parameters to the nature of the communication that must be satisfied for the privilege to apply. There's probably a serious question here whether executive privilege would apply.

I heard one analyst suggest that, with all his open tweeting/commenting, Trump has basically already waived that 'privilege' with Comey. And ferchrissake.....how guilty does he actually want to appear, by attempting to gag Comey?? Shocked

Criminal behavior is criminal behavior. If his conversation constitutes Obstruction of Justice, then why would that conversation NOT be considered prime evidence, and open to examination?

PostPosted: 06/04/17 7:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

I heard one analyst suggest that, with all his open tweeting/commenting, Trump has basically already waived that 'privilege' with Comey. And ferchrissake.....how guilty does he actually want to appear, by attempting to gag Comey?? Shocked

Criminal behavior is criminal behavior. If his conversation constitutes Obstruction of Justice, then why would that conversation NOT be considered prime evidence, and open to examination?

If he thinks Comey's testimony could lead to a criminal prosecution he'd trade the appearance of guilt for guilt.

If Trump did say something that is considered "obstruction of justice", I wonder if Comey is in any legal jeopardy himself for not pursing the matter at the time it occurred.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/04/17 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

If Trump did say something that is considered "obstruction of justice", I wonder if Comey is in any legal jeopardy himself for not pursing the matter at the time it occurred.

No

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 06/19/17 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lots of folks lawyering up, and the lawyers have lawyers.

Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 06/20/17 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
lots of folks lawyering up, and the lawyers have lawyers.

Twisted Evil

Pence getting a lawyer made me so
Happy..

PostPosted: 06/20/17 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Presidents can be charged while in office, according to law professor Jonathan Turley of George Washington University.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/06/19/donald-trump-presidents-can-be-charged-obstruction-jonathan-turley-column/103006254/

PostPosted: 06/30/17 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This thread is hilarious. Not only will Trump never be impeached, but you can expect a 2nd term!!! Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 06/30/17 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
This thread is hilarious. Not only will Trump never be impeached, but you can expect a 2nd term!!! Very Happy

Probably. There are a lot of idiot backward American's out there that'll probably bring him back for a 2nd term. Trump has zero American values and neither do any of his supporters. I'd even go as far as saying Trump and his supporters are anti-American. A Trump supporter is NOT an American. They're just nasty, disgusting brainless idiots who are getting what they deserved, which is having an America that is the laughing stock of the entire world. I may live in America but at least I don't have to call myself one.

tfan

PostPosted: 06/30/17 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

Probably. There are a lot of idiot backward American's out there that'll probably bring him back for a 2nd term. Trump has zero American values and neither do any of his supporters. I'd even go as far as saying Trump and his supporters are anti-American. A Trump supporter is NOT an American. They're just nasty, disgusting brainless idiots who are getting what they deserved, which is having an America that is the laughing stock of the entire world. I may live in America but at least I don't have to call myself one.

Do you feel that semi-enforcing immigration law is un-American? Is trying to stop and reverse American companies sending their jobs to foreign countries un-American?

mercfan3

PostPosted: 06/30/17 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

Do you feel that semi-enforcing immigration law is un-American? Is trying to stop and reverse American companies sending their jobs to foreign countries un-American?

Do you know America's history?

PostPosted: 06/30/17 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
tfan wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

Do you know America's history?

Displacement and murder of the indigenous people coupled with slavery. And yet, people will gush about our history. Go figure.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/01/17 1:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:

He will not do a second term if the Russians and the Chinese take over the U.S.A.

PostPosted: 07/02/17 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

People are either ignorant of the fact, or pay it no mind, that "watergate" began june '72, nixon was reelected in a landslide that Nov., then resigned 21 months later.

Wink

PostPosted: 07/02/17 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
People are either ignorant of the fact, or pay it no mind, that "watergate" began june '72, nixon was reelected in a landslide that Nov., then resigned 21 months later.

Wink

I don't get your point. Are you predicting a second term impeachment?

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 07/02/17 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Wink

I don't get your point. Are you predicting a second term impeachment?

My post is a response to JJ's post.

PostPosted: 07/07/17 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And if the masses get their wish and Trump is actually removed, this is the guy we have waiting....

PostPosted: 07/07/17 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
And if the masses get their wish and Trump is actually removed, this is the guy we have waiting....

I'm hoping Pence goes down with him...and Democrats have the majority in the House when it happens #AGirlCanDream #IThinkIdTakeTrumpAndPenceOverRyan

PostPosted: 07/11/17 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crystal Clear Collusion, uh huh, it's the Trump solution.

Crystal Clear Collusion,
Crystal
Clear Collusion....

PostPosted: 07/11/17 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amateur hour continues at the WH!

Quote:
But is that evidence of any crime?

Here’s a look at some of the legal issues that could be in play, based on what we know now.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/07/11/donald-trump-jr-faces-legal-issues-russia-meeting-clinton/467595001/

Why do I keep hearing "lock him up, lock him up?"

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Howee

PostPosted: 07/11/17 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Quote:

Here’s a look at some of the legal issues that could be in play, based on what we know now.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/07/11/donald-trump-jr-faces-legal-issues-russia-meeting-clinton/467595001/

I'm trying to figure out how long it will actually be considered Donald Jr's *problem*....I mean, how could a guy like him be doing this unbeknownst to his father? Dad CERTAINLY KNEW ALL OF THIS STUFF WAS HAPPENING, INDEEEED....PROBABLY ACTUALLY ORDER IT HIMSELF.

PostPosted: 07/11/17 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Quote:

I'm trying to figure out how long it will actually be considered Donald Jr's *problem*....I mean, how could a guy like him be doing this unbeknownst to his father? Dad CERTAINLY KNEW ALL OF THIS STUFF WAS HAPPENING, INDEEEED....PROBABLY ACTUALLY ORDER IT HIMSELF.

Phillip Bump of the Washington Post pointed out that a few days prior to Trump Jr. meeting with the Russian lawyer, Trump gave a speech where he said that in a few days he would probably have big news on Hillary's crimes.

But Chris Christie was able to avoid prosecution for the "BridgeGate" episode even though it is highly unlikely he didn't approve it, let alone not know about it

greg5222

PostPosted: 07/13/17 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

Crystal Clear Collusion,
Crystal
Clear Collusion....

.....To the tune of Crystal Blue Persuasion?
Very Happy Very Happy

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 07/13/17 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="509" height="310" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U02Ald_mEhA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/U02Ald_mEhA

PostPosted: 07/14/17 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

greg5222 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Crystal Clear Collusion,
Crystal
Clear Collusion....

.....To the tune of Crystal Blue Persuasion?
Very Happy Very Happy

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

credit goes to Rocky Mountain Mike

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 4 of 43

Jump to: