RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

You Don't Know Diana Taurasi
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 05/26/17 10:56 am    ::: You Don't Know Diana Taurasi Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Taurasi, now in her 13th season in the WNBA, is poised to become the league's career scoring leader this summer. She is 144 points shy of Tina Thompson's record of 7,488 and might pass that in June, the same month she turns 35. The 6-foot guard also has topped 1,500 assists and 1,500 rebounds in the WNBA. Taurasi could stop right now and be considered by many the best player in women's basketball history.

Quote:
"And then for whatever reason, when Penny and I started dating, things just fell into place. It wasn't easy, though. We were playing in different countries for the first few years of our relationship."

Taurasi said she is forever grateful to coach Pokey Chatman, then at Spartak Moscow (and now with the Indiana Fever), for giving her the time to visit Taylor in Turkey during their respective overseas seasons.

"We would play and I would take a flight from Moscow to Istanbul, and Pokey would give me two days off," Taurasi recalled. "Then I'd fly back to Moscow. Practice for four days, play two games, Pokey would give me two more days off.

"It was commitments and sacrifices like that that made the relationship grow. Because it's like anything: If you don't put the effort in, it just kind of dies."

Quote:
Griner, who also played with Taurasi in Russia, has benefited as much as any teammate from Taurasi's presence, saying, "If I wasn't here in Phoenix, I would have been doing anything in my power to get here.

"Without Dee, I don't think I'd be where am right now. She's always quizzing me, teaching me, making me see more than just my spot, but the whole court, reading how the defenders are guarding me. She's really packed in a lot of information."

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/19404256/so-think-know-phoenix-mercury-star-diana-taurasi-think-again

PostPosted: 05/26/17 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Griner is basically Taurasi's puppy dog. I'm glad DT and Penny have a family pet now.

PostPosted: 05/26/17 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Griner is basically Taurasi's puppy dog. I'm glad DT and Penny have a family pet now.

They already have Messi though Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/26/17 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:

And Sammy P was basically AMD's lab rat for experimental reasons only i guess.

PostPosted: 05/26/17 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great read! For years Dee was my fave...but as Geno noted, much of the joy seems to have gone out of Dee's game. It's clearly there in the right circumstances -- she was wonderful to watch in Rio. But watching the Merc -- it's just not there most nights. And for that I'm sorry, as she was so fun to watch.

Queenie

PostPosted: 05/26/17 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

Was that really necessary?

Granted, Jet's post gave me some mental images I could have happily lived without...

PostPosted: 05/26/17 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

Was that really necessary?

Granted, Jet's post gave me some mental images I could have happily lived without...

It was not necessary at all , i stooped to jets level today . I felt the comment was not fair to BG so i went to the only place i knew would garner jet's attention Laughing

PostPosted: 05/26/17 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speebs56 wrote:
Great read! For years Dee was my fave...but as Geno noted, much of the joy seems to have gone out of Dee's game. It's clearly there in the right circumstances -- she was wonderful to watch in Rio. But watching the Merc -- it's just not there most nights. And for that I'm sorry, as she was so fun to watch.

DT will most likely be in my Top Five Faves forever, but ya.....I see that, too. I'd be willing to bet that it's actually just a very Human reaction: she just married a marvelous person, and didn't even get a decent Honeymoon, LOL! After all the grind of hoops, I'd think they'd deserve a year or 2 away from that rat race. But. She's an adult. She's gotta create her own path in that regard.

PostPosted: 05/27/17 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Using "You don't know Diana Taurasi" for an article title regarding a player who is rarely seen/heard from off the court is a weird choice. Fans not knowing her is mostly of her own doing.

MuneravenMN
Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 05/27/17 11:48 am    ::: Good Article Reply Reply with quote

Booing Taurasi is a requirement. Heckling her is fun because, if you are clever rather than mean, you can get a grin out of her if she hears you. I was furious when she got the DUI because that is my reaction if anyone does that. However, I think it has been a privilege to watch her play and I think she might be the best ever.

And I have no doubt that there is a lot going on under the swagger.

PostPosted: 05/27/17 11:53 am    ::: Re: Good Article Reply Reply with quote

It's unlikely that there will ever be a WNBA player I dislike more.

caune

PostPosted: 05/27/17 2:46 pm    ::: Re: Good Article Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

I used to feel that way about an NBA player named Bill Laimbeer but than he bought me a beer. He's actually a nice guy Laughing Laughing Laughing

#NATC

PostPosted: 05/28/17 12:05 pm    ::: Re: Good Article Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

Agreed. Hell of a talent though..

PostPosted: 05/31/17 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Her competitiveness has never waned, though it sometimes gets her in trouble. Taurasi recently was suspended one game for a forearm to the head of an opponent. The hit wasn't very hard, more like a veteran sending a message to a younger player. The league opted to punish Taurasi, but most observers would say it was Dee being Dee.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Since when is hitting another player with a forearm being competitive smh. It doesn't matter how weak the hit was. Also DT wouldn't like other players being Dee towards her so Michelle plz stop.

potd41

PostPosted: 06/04/17 5:24 pm    ::: Re: Good Article Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

I used to feel that way about an NBA player named Bill Laimbeer but than he bought me a beer. He's actually a nice guy Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 06/04/17 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
Quote:
Her competitiveness has never waned, though it sometimes gets her in trouble. Taurasi recently was suspended one game for a forearm to the head of an opponent. The hit wasn't very hard, more like a veteran sending a message to a younger player. The league opted to punish Taurasi, but most observers would say it was Dee being Dee.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Since when is hitting another player with a forearm being competitive smh. It doesn't matter how weak the hit was. Also DT wouldn't like other players being Dee towards her so Michelle plz stop.

I found this absurd, as well. Like we're supposed to find it charming, and 'Dee being Dee'. As a writer, this gives me second-hand embarrassment.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/05/17 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This now seems so heroic #SavingPrivateTaylor 😍😍😘😂

https://youtu.be/mr0LHzZz2m8

PostPosted: 06/06/17 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://summitthoops.com/2017/06/05/diana-taurasi-tina-charles-wnba-players-week/

She's such a warm and fuzzy person! lol!

Vertsberger: Which young player reminds you of yourself?

Taurasi: I don’t think there’s anyone that nasty. But my favorite player in the league is probably Piph, and she wasn’t here tonight, so I was really disappointed in that.

caune

PostPosted: 06/07/17 8:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
Quote:

I don;t know, maybe you could ask Katie Smith, or Catchings, or Plenette or any number of other "competitive" players who've let their elbows connect with other players?

PostPosted: 06/07/17 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
Quote:

I don;t know, maybe you could ask Katie Smith, or Catchings, or Plenette or any number of other "competitive" players who've let their elbows connect with other players?

Caune come on. That elbow from DT was different then what she, Katie Catchings normally do. It wasnt even a basketball play. It was a dirty play simple as that. She got her punishment for it so it has been dealth with

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Genero36

PostPosted: 06/18/17 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2xIXcS-aG3g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xIXcS-aG3g

<embed><iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zNzIK_Slo0M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNzIK_Slo0M

Last edited by Genero36 on 06/19/17 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 06/18/17 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 06/19/17 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

trying to figure out the importance here ? Im failing epically Laughing a little help ?

PostPosted: 06/19/17 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

trying to figure out the importance here ? Im failing epically Laughing a little help ?

Looks to me like a list of all the WNBA's top scorers.
(1997 would have taken quite some effort to put together)

PostPosted: 06/19/17 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Looks to me like a list of all the WNBA's top scorers.
(1997 would have taken quite some effort to put together)

Aha thanks Luuc , looks like ruthie Bolton and coop/leslie were battling it out that first year. Then Coop took off , took a few years for lisa to catch her then eventually TT came into play now surpassed by the great DT! Wonder how long will it take for cappie or Maya to catch up if they ever do .

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: