toad455 wrote:
She's real! Diarra is in!!

You could see why she doesn't play immediately Laughing

caune

PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This game totally proves how bad the Mercury bench is. Thanks Jim Pittman

PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
Congrats to DT. No matter what you think of her, dang she's a heck of a player and just an amazing offensive player.

Indeed! While it was an odd game for her, it was great to witness her get it!

Nice win for LA! #GoSparks!

lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/18/17 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diarra scored! ROY! ROY! ROY!

jap

PostPosted: 06/18/17 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nm

Last edited by jap on 06/18/17 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
jap

PostPosted: 06/18/17 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Six more days until the revenge game against the Fever.

PostPosted: 06/18/17 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
toad455 wrote:
She's real! Diarra is in!!

Of course she's real. This isn't the Dream and Lori Ann.

Hey you are talking about the girl of my Dreams. Razz

willtalk

PostPosted: 06/18/17 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Nneka is such a drama queen though, the part of her head she was holding wasn't even where Taurasi tapped. It was back and her scrunchie or bun, whatever you want to call it.

She was actually hit so hard she felt it on the opposite side of her head. Wink

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 06/18/17 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK, I was too busy enjoying the game to comment. But seriously, how can anybody blame the poor Merc first half on the refs???? Pretty clear the whole Merc team was caught up in Diana breaking the record and was not at all prepared for an actual game. Beard, with that early steal basically said "if you don't take this game seriously, we'll just steal it from you." The Mercury - and especially Diana - responded VERY badly.

Diana made several dangerous plays and the officials HAD TO come down on her before she really hurt someone.

As far as the foul disparity in the first quarter, you need to re-watch it. The sparks were going HARD at the basket and the Merc were not. The Mercury players were absolutely clobbering the Sparks players. Officials had to bring order to the court.

I don't much like the announcers, but they were not the problem. The Mercury players were the problem, led by Dee. It's really weak to blame their lousy first quarter performance on anybody but the Merc players. They flat out stunk it up.

All that being said, CONGRATS to Taurasi for becoming the all time scoring leader. In order for it to happen in LA, with everyone there to see it, she had to pull herself and her team together. That's a great player, right there.

~rAf
jap

PostPosted: 06/18/17 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
OK, I was too busy enjoying the game to comment. But seriously, how can anybody blame the poor Merc first half on the refs???? Pretty clear the whole Merc team was caught up in Diana breaking the record and was not at all prepared for an actual game. Beard, with that early steal basically said "if you don't take this game seriously, we'll just steal it from you." The Mercury - and especially Diana - responded VERY

We came to bury Taurasi---not to praise her! Laughing

PostPosted: 06/18/17 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to the basketball legend on the record. Staples seems to be the place to break the record.

<embed><iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-cz3ZC6QkpM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cz3ZC6QkpM

PostPosted: 06/18/17 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
OK, I was too busy enjoying the game to comment. But seriously, how can anybody blame the poor Merc first half on the refs???? Pretty clear the whole Merc team was caught up in Diana breaking the record and was not at all prepared for an actual game. Beard, with that early steal basically said "if you don't take this game seriously, we'll just steal it from you." The Mercury - and especially Diana - responded VERY badly.

Diana made several dangerous plays and the officials HAD TO come down on her before she really hurt someone.

As far as the foul disparity in the first quarter, you need to re-watch it. The sparks were going HARD at the basket and the Merc were not. The Mercury players were absolutely clobbering the Sparks players. Officials had to bring order to the court.

I don't much like the announcers, but they were not the problem. The Mercury players were the problem, led by Dee. It's really weak to blame their lousy first quarter performance on anybody but the Merc players. They flat out stunk it up.

All that being said, CONGRATS to Taurasi for becoming the all time scoring leader. In order for it to happen in LA, with everyone there to see it, she had to pull herself and her team together. That's a great player, right there.

Beard totally got in Diana's head..

but the way to do that is to sneakily foul her constantly, bait her into retaliating, and make sure the refs see the retaliation. Beard was at it from the start. Good for her.. I don't blame players for playing the three blind mice. Diana should have figured out how to do that, instead of her (Sometimes fun) emotional outbursts. Laughing

IMO, The Mercury playing poorly, and the refs officiating horribly are not mutually exclusive.

PostPosted: 06/18/17 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
OK, I was too busy enjoying the game to comment. But seriously, how can anybody blame the poor Merc first half on the refs???? Pretty clear the whole Merc team was caught up in Diana breaking the record and was not at all prepared for an actual game. Beard, with that early steal basically said "if you don't take this game seriously, we'll just steal it from you." The Mercury - and especially Diana - responded VERY

Is she also getting close to or already the WNBA Leader in T's? If so, maybe they ought to celebrate that as well.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 06/18/17 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Really announcer. "Diana walked into this building thinking she'd set the record" no, she didn't. Everyone else has been hyping it but she has said over and over it will happen when it happens.

It happened tonight didn't it!!

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 06/18/17 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Beard totally got in Diana's head..

You could have quit while you were ahead here. Beard played smart and tough in that first quarter. Diana did the exact opposite. But, like I said, Dee is a great player and got herself together to break the record before halftime. That way, the second half was just two teams playing.

~rAf
bballgrl

PostPosted: 06/18/17 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Jap you are amazing and must be a Mercury or just a Diana hater. Yet when anyone makes a negative statement about the Sparks you jump on here and call them a hater. Many statements were made to me and I am not a Sparks hater as I like several players on the Sparks but not all of them. I liked Tolliver and I like Lavender and now like Sims and Williams. As far as not praising Diana, you don't have to because many others(includeing the Sparks front office) have done so. She has praises all over twitter and the internet for becoming the WNBA's all time scoring leader. I will admit your team put a hurting on the Merc tonight but it didn't stop her from reaching her goal.

jap

PostPosted: 06/18/17 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
jap wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Jap you are amazing and must be a Mercury or just a Diana hater. Yet when anyone makes a negative statement about the Sparks you jump on here and call them a hater. Many statements were made to me and I am not a Sparks hater as I like several players on the Sparks but not all of them. I liked Tolliver and I like Lavender and now like Sims and Williams. As far as not praising Diana, you don't have to because many others(includeing the Sparks front office) have done so. She has praises all over twitter and the internet for becoming the WNBA's all time scoring leader. I will admit your team put a hurting on the Merc tonight but it didn't stop her from reaching her goal.

I really do not have the slightest interest in what you think. You have already expressed enough nonsense over the years to prove you are, indeed, a Sparks hater no matter what you choose to say now. Anyone who is crazy enough to believe that LLL deliberately got pregnant in 2007 to cause the Sparks to flounder and increased their chances of landing Candace Parker is already approaching certifiable status. And I suppose that Chamique Holdsclaw colluded with LLL by succumbing to her depressive demons that same 2007 season, leaving the team without an established go-to player.

You are typically one of the first to express extreme negativity with players like Ace, Nneka, and others so why would you believe that any regular poster here on Sparks' threads would ever take you for anything more than a committed Sparks' hater? You have absolutely ZERO credibility with me.

Last edited by jap on 06/19/17 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 06/18/17 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Lavender with her classic one foot on the line, deep 2.
Lol She always shoots with one foot in front of the other as part of her shooting form.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 06/18/17 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Lol She always shoots with one foot in front of the other as part of her shooting form.

Yea, she just needs to practice on shooting those shots one foot further back. If she were to work on her outside shot like Nneka did, just imagine how much more the lane would open up, and she would probably average 3-5 more points per game. It seems like she's getting further back. Maybe next season she'll step back and hit a few open threes lol.

Congrats DT. One of the best. It looked like she took a few cheap shots at a few players today but what's new lol.

PostPosted: 06/19/17 6:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DT is a great scorer obviously. The greatest of all time. But then it stops there. Scoring is the only thing she's good at. GOAT scorer, yes. GOAT player not even close.

caune

PostPosted: 06/19/17 7:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
DT is a great scorer obviously. The greatest of all time. But then it stops there. Scoring is the only thing she's good at. GOAT scorer, yes. GOAT player not even close.

Just an FYI, she is the 5th best on the list of career assists.

PostPosted: 06/19/17 7:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

One foot in front of the other sounds like something a small player would do to gain leverage and strength for their shot. It sounds like she has been shooting that way since she first started as a kid. To bad players do not adjust their shooting as they grow and get stronger.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/19/17 8:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Just an FYI, she is the 5th best on the list of career assists.

Facts are just no fun Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/19/17 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, if you're going to make arguments against Taurasi as top of the pile, it primarily starts with players like Catchings, Jackson, Leslie etc. playing both ends of the floor - not with the things she did offensively beyond being a scorer.

PostPosted: 06/19/17 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Yeah, if you're going to make arguments against Taurasi as top of the pile, it primarily starts with players like Catchings, Jackson, Leslie etc. playing both ends of the floor - not with the things she did offensively beyond being a scorer.

I agree with this statement. I believe she is the greatest offensive player, which includes her scoring and assists. Nobody else comes anywhere close on the offensive side.

Taurasi and Beard obviously go way back, being in the same class and the colleges having a great rivalry while they were there. They were head to head in college as being the best, MVP, MOP etc. The biggest difference back then was that Beard could impact a game on either end of the floor, which is what she is displaying for all to see right now for the Sparks. The fact that she got into Dee's head like she did to start off the game shows how she impacts games more clearly than anything else.

Clearly as professionals, Taurasi has had MUCH greater success than Beard has had. In part, Beard played second fiddle to Catchings when it came to best defender in the league so did not get the recognition for her defense, other than making the all defense team several times. With Catch retired, it's easy to see AB is the best in the league right now. But rightfully so, Taurasi is the one who's considered as being among the GOAT and Beard is not.

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: