Total Votes : 21

lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sparks complaining about fouls is comical Laughing

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
She got away with an elbow to Nneka's head. She flung her elbows in a reckless manner at Beard. Maybe didn't make contact but somewhat irrelevant at that point in terms of the fact that she had lost control of her emotions and put herself in a bad position. Should have gotten a T on the original Beard foul. Should have gotten a foul and a T on the uncalled play on Nneka.

Then that last foul was just a cheap, dumb foul. Hard to imagine this game isn't over.
she did not swing her elbows in a reckless manner, that was a standard move when you have the ball over your head.

No it isn't. I've played and been around basketball for a long time. Extending your elbow that far at that speed is not standard. And when you have 1 foul and no control over your emotions it's also dumb.

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who is this garbage commentator??

"Brondello' s team initiated the contact" Lies

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a game that the WNBA shouldn't want anybody to see. A disgusting show by DT, bad officiating, and the potential for things to get worse. It would be a good time the League to develop technical difficulties.

SCook

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BG has no rebounds......

Oh wow the extras are being done today

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dee is *only* averaging 6 FTA a game while averaging just 4.8 2 point FG attempts this year. She embellishes as well as anyone. She's really the last person in a position to complain when stuff doesn't go her way. Phoenix was +100 in FTA last year. +18 this year. And it would be higher if there wasn't a game or two each year where she completely loses it. News flash. Teams get screwed in certain games. So do players. She is the only player who loses it to this magnitude when calls don't go her way. If she didn't make contact with Beard (questionable from the camera angles), she still got away with one on Nneka that was worthy of ejection.

So stop crying, consider yourself lucky, and play the game. The score on the first foul was 5-0. Chalk it up to a missed call on the Beard hold and play through it. Instead, your selfishness has you on the bench with 3 fouls. You've taken your own team completely out of the game as well. Where a win gets you tied for the 2 seed and a loss puts you 2 games back with a tiebreaker loss. It's too important a game to get that caught up on one bad call.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 06/18/17 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
mercfan3

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm gonna struggle to continue to be a fan of this league once Taurasi retires. Games like this are why.

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sandy, just leave BG and DT on the bench.

What are they talking about?? Cannon literally was called for a touch foul and she was just standing.

Talking about, "They are all sticking knees and elbows out" please stop with the blatant lie

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
Talking about, "They are all sticking knees and elbows out" please stop with the blatant lie

LA's commentators are the worst.

I mean he literally said Shay missed the layup, but she made it. Laughing

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Dee is *only* averaging 6 FTA a game while averaging just 4.8 2 point FG attempts this year. She embellishes as well as anyone. She's really the last person in a position to complain when stuff doesn't go her way. Phoenix was +100 in FTA last year. +18 this year. And it would be higher if there wasn't a game or two each year where she completely loses it. News flash. Teams get screwed in certain games. So do players. She is the only player who loses it to this magnitude when calls don't go her way. If she didn't make contact with Beard (questionable from the camera angles), she still got away with one on Nneka that was worthy of ejection.

So stop crying, consider yourself lucky, and play the game.

It started right away. Rewatch from tipoff. Beard annoying DT and putting her hand on her and DT slaps that hand away multiple times. Then DT's first foul she was coming off a screen and IMO Beard fouled her first on that steal. She got frustrated and locked her arm and threw her off and got the foul herself which should of been a T. Then her elbow to Nneka reminded me of her elbow against Hamby. Should of been tossed for that, Doesnt matter if she didnt hit her that hard.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
caune

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really announcer. "Diana walked into this building thinking she'd set the record" no, she didn't. Everyone else has been hyping it but she has said over and over it will happen when it happens.

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BG, they are going to double teamed. If you don't attack

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Put Diarra in!

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

So stop crying, consider yourself lucky, and play the game.

It started right away. Rewatch from tipoff. Beard annoying DT and putting her hand on her and DT slaps that hand away multiple times. Then DT's first foul she was coming off a screen and IMO Beard fouled her first on that steal. She got frustrated and locked her arm and threw her off and got the foul herself which should of been a T. Then her elbow to Nneka reminded me of her elbow against Hamby. Should of been tossed for that, Doesnt matter if she didnt hit her that hard.

I hear you. That makes it even worse I guess. This stuff happens in basketball, and women's basketball has a lot of contact due to the close proximity of the players. Every one of us knows there are going to be games our teams or players don't get calls. No other team has a player or coach who loses it to the magnitude of Diana. And it's just too important a game to have that happen. I don't understand it.

I mean who is this guy calling the game? I know I'm spoiled by Bob and LaChina but he's really bad. Mary looks like a superstar in comparison.

I have no dog in this fight, but this commentating crew may cause me to root against LA haha.

SCook

I honestly don't like this Commentary. It is just straight trash.

Phoenix is playing too fast. Too too fast. That's hurting them right now.

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How was that not a foul?

I'm glad they didn't pretend that Kobe was there to watch the Sparks. It's all Diana for him. Laughing

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
I have no dog in this fight, but this commentating crew may cause me to root against LA haha.

I hate both of these teams, so I'm rooting for whichever outcome makes the most people mad... I will say that the game-within-a-game of Beard versus Taurasi is more fascinating than the game itself.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

3 points away!

mercfan3

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
How was that not a foul?

I'm glad they didn't pretend that Kobe was there to watch the Sparks. It's all Diana for him. Laughing

Kobe Bryant's Taurasi fangurling is my favorite.

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
BamaEd wrote:

I hate both of these teams, so I'm rooting for whichever outcome makes the most people mad... I will say that the game-within-a-game of Beard versus Taurasi is more fascinating than the game itself.

Can't say I disagree with that haha. I love Beard, hard nosed defender, but realizing how chippy her play can be. Taurasi has always been chippy and, um, passionate on the court. Funny thing is, it looked like she had more of an argument with her 2nd foul than her third, but she argued more with her 3rd.

SCook

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From the looks of it, NOW DT is going for the record.

She wasn't before but after the calls, she is now going after the record.

Honestly, I'll never understand the calls BG gets against L.A. calls are always such garbage. Some warranted but 3 in the 1st half, every time you play the same team is BS.

Bunnies got hops

Congrats DT!

BamaEd

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to DT. No matter what you think of her, dang she's a heck of a player and just an amazing offensive player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: