36%  [ 7 ]
Mystics
63%
 63%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 19

LibFan25

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
So NBATV comes back with Glory shooting free throws... we missed the entire Mystics possession. Rolling Eyes

Yeah I was like wtf? too much damn commercials Rolling Eyes

lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
So NBATV comes back with Glory shooting free throws... we missed the entire Mystics possession. Rolling Eyes

My next favorite moment was Washington fouled Dallas and we were still live and they cut to commercial Laughing

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

I'm a Liberty fan. I saw on the WNBA website that the game was close and decided to watch the last two minutes. The way NBA TV handled all that was outrageous! First viewers missed an entire Mystics possession and the first of two foul shots for Dallas. Then, after another timeout, viewers again missed the first of two free throws for Dallas. Was it so essential to get every possible commercial into those few minutes of air time? This would NEVER be done at the end of a close NBA game.

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was a bad lost for the mystics

LibFan25

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

My next favorite moment was Washington fouled Dallas and we were still live and they cut to commercial Laughing

They did it a lot through the whole game lol

Mysticwiz

PostPosted: 06/18/17 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Typical mystics loss... Rolling Eyes

Randy

PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess even Dallas can't lose every close game.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good win for Dallas!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 06/18/17 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Win some damn games, Wings!

The Wings' mascot isn't a flying pig.

PIGS DO FLY!

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/18/17 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
it takes Dallas too damn long to get into their offensive sets, and I blame that on Diggins who dribbles the leather off of the ball.

"Offensive sets"? What "offensive sets"?

Unless Diggins is now responsible for designing and teaching plays, I'm not sure how it's her fault.

19 pts, 8 assists, 7 rebounds. Not bad.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 06/19/17 1:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
it takes Dallas too damn long to get into their offensive sets, and I blame that on Diggins who dribbles the leather off of the ball.

Unless Diggins is now responsible for designing and teaching plays, I'm not sure how it's her fault.

The rest of the team is inconsistent, Gray is good and will only get better, but the wings are also lacking in post play, not sure why Diggins-Smith is called out by many people here:
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 06/19/17 1:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can the real Kristi Toliver please stand up?! She's been hurting me in fantasy. Idk if it's too much home cooking or what but she's gonna have to step up offensively if Washington is going to contend this season.

PostPosted: 06/19/17 4:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great win by the wings.Gray continues to be consistently good without making a ton of rookie mistakes.Gray has scored between 8 & 17 points every game this season.Kudos to Plaisance.She knocked down two big 3's in the 4th,and was big on the defensive boards late in the game.It's great to see Skylar playing elite level basketball again.She's regained her 2014 all-star form,and is clearly one of the top 3 pg's in the league.Skylar's improved rebounding has also been a pleasant surprise.If Glory can continue to play at an all-star level(15p/9r),the wings will be in good position to make the playoffs.

Dallas held washington below the two magic numbers...48%/90pts.The mystics shot 44%/83pts.When dallas holds the opposition to less than 48%/90pts,they have a 4-1 record.When they give up said numbers,they're 1-7.

Dallas has a lot of winnable games coming up...2 vs SA,2 vs ATL,2 vs Chi...hopefully they can play some good basketball over the next 9 games,and reach the .500 mark by the all-star break.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/19/17 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:

The rest of the team is inconsistent, Gray is good and will only get better, but the wings are also lacking in post play, not sure why Diggins-Smith is called out by many people here:

This ___________________ x Idea

PostPosted: 06/19/17 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:

I was thinking the same thing...Sheesh!

Absolutely true! She's their best player but their worst enemy at times when she keeps dribbling and running down the clock thereby she and/or the Dallas players have to throw up too many wild off balance shots, air balls and clock shot violations.

Although, I'd say it's not entirely her fault. Fred needs to take control of this and other situations where player control and discipline is involved.

Defense is another problem for Dallas. Come on Fred, Dallas could have won several more games had you taken steps to correct these problems and deficiencies.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/19/17 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:

Absolutely true! She's their best player but their worst enemy at times when she keeps dribbling and running down the clock thereby she and/or the Dallas players have to throw up too many wild off balance shots, air balls and clock shot violations.

Although, I'd say it's not entirely her fault. Fred needs to take control of this and other situations where player control and discipline is involved.

Defense is another problem for Dallas. Come on Fred, Dallas could have won several more games had you taken steps to correct these problems and deficiencies.

If no one on her team is moving or working to get in scoring position, then there's no where to throw it. Diggins is generally looking for somewhere to pass it. There's nothing gained by passing it to someone who has nothing to do with it when they get it.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 06/19/17 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Can the real Kristi Toliver please stand up?! She's been hurting me in fantasy. Idk if it's too much home cooking or what but she's gonna have to step up offensively if Washington is going to contend this season.

Absolutely correct. KTO has greatly underachieved so far this season based on her years with LA under multiple different coaches. My thought on this is that she hasn't yet earned the green light with Mike T and/or the ball isn't coming back out to her later in the shot clock, where she excels at taking "the shot that isn't there." She isn't a spot up shooter like Tayler Hill. She shoots off the dribble when she appears to be covered by a defender and other defenders are busy covering her pass options. Is there something about Mike T's offense that disrupts KTO's timing? Or does she not have the green light to take the shots she's been making for several years at a very good clip?

On the other hand, LA looks to be better without her, as Chelsea Gray (being taller) is not the same defensive liability that Toliver always has been. Gray has shown herself to be capable of scoring well, but doesn't usually take as many shots. This is why Agler needs another outside scorer on the floor (Riquna or Odyssey), both of whom are better defenders than Kristi. And, while Kristi did make clear contributions to the LA Championship run, she was 5th or even 6th in terms of the strength of her contributions, only possibly beating out Essence Carson among the starters and even behind former bench player Chelsea Gray.

Basically, if KTO fails to provide more scoring, it might be time to move her to the bench.

~rAf
RavenDog

PostPosted: 06/19/17 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:

If no one on her team is moving or working to get in scoring position, then there's no where to throw it. Diggins is generally looking for somewhere to pass it. There's nothing gained by passing it to someone who has nothing to do with it when they get it.

No, she's holding and dribbling the ball trying to score and then gets double teamed and cannot pass the ball. Watch the beginning of the game when she's not doing this and passing the ball, it's a different story.

And at crucial times, i.e. end of games etc., she has always tried to be the star and score the ball instead of passing it off to wide open players who also have the ability to score.

She's trying to be "the have all is all" and she doesn't have to be and Fred needs to little by little change her...

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/19/17 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh. Ok. You simply don't like Diggins. I get it. Why didn't you just say so and save us all some time.

dtbtbtb

PostPosted: 06/19/17 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:

Which is why I like it when Chong is in the game with Diggins as then Diggins dribbles less and the game is flowing better

No, she's holding and dribbling the ball trying to score and then gets double teamed and cannot pass the ball. Watch the beginning of the game when she's not doing this and passing the ball, it's a different story.

And at crucial times, i.e. end of games etc., she has always tried to be the star and score the ball instead of passing it off to wide open players who also have the ability to score.

She's trying to be "the have all is all" and she doesn't have to be and Fred needs to little by little change her...

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 06/19/17 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know that criticism can sometimes feel like disdain and truly, there are some players who get absolutely trashed on message boards....which is unfortunate to say the least because often we are typically operating off of very little information and have no idea of how a player is feeling physically and emotionally or what the game plan may be in a particular situation. Let me say that I actually really love Diggins' game. She is smart, hard working, mentally tough and she hates to loose (even if it's a celebrity game Laughing and I know it was college, but the ND v. Connecticut series while she was in school were classics! It was like she was not going to let ND loose!).

When healthy, she can be a beast and I think she has some elusive intangibles that not everyone possesses. With that said, in this game in particular, there were a few times that I felt she kept the ball too long leaving no time in the shot clock for her or her teammates to operate. In those cases, I was screaming: "Time and Situation, Sky!" She's not the only player who has done or experienced this (and imho, I don't think she is a selfish player at all) but it stuck out for me yesterday. Of course, I don't know what she's seeing on the court from her vantage point, but I wanted them to get the W and the margin of error has been so small between them winning and loosing this season. Glad that they got the W!

Last edited by WfanFrJmp on 06/19/17 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 06/19/17 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
I would love it if Diggins went to a team where the fans appreciated her. Many Wings' fans have made their opinions quite obvious. Maybe Fred should start Chong and put Diggins on the block. Should be able to get a 2nd rounder at least. Then the Wings will be be good and Skylar can back up a starter on a team that appreciates her.

I ride for Diggins... but, she's not flawless now...c'mon. I would actually see her start at the 2. Idea

tfan

PostPosted: 06/19/17 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would love it if Diggins went to a team where the fans appreciated her. Many Wings' fans have made their opinions quite obvious.

Are you talking about a handful of people here, or the actual Wings fans sitting in the stands in Arlington, Texas?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/20/17 8:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I would love it if Diggins went to a team where the fans appreciated her. Many Wings' fans have made their opinions quite obvious.

Are you talking about a handful of people here, or the actual Wings fans sitting in the stands in Arlington, Texas?

No clue , because that would mean id apply to both sides. So Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 06/20/17 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fred Williams won a close game over Mike Thibault? Did we switch to the mirror universe or something?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: