RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queenie

PostPosted: 06/13/17 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LFO occasionally dropping breadcrumbs helps.

(now with spelling variations)
pilight

PostPosted: 06/13/17 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just assume the Lib have better bots

PostPosted: 06/13/17 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Getting bounced early from the playoffs, JSpoon's 1000 trade ideas, Shoni being a no show, Kiah gaining 50 pounds and being garbage, Kiah losing 50 pounds and being a savior all help. Wink

Last edited by lynxmania on 06/13/17 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
libertycrazy97

PostPosted: 06/13/17 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think part of the reason also for so much talk about the Libs is our fan base is very loyal. We also have been waiting so long to finally get over the hill and get that first championship, that we are so engaged as to what the team is doing to get us there.

ClayK

PostPosted: 06/14/17 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New York, despite the Knicks, is a great basketball town, maybe the best in the country. I think the general interest in the sport trickles down to the WNBA.

PostPosted: 06/14/17 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
New York, despite the Knicks, is a great basketball town, maybe the best in the country. I think the general interest in the sport trickles down to the WNBA.

I agree. Which is why it's so sad and infuriating that Dolan and his hires have done such a terrible job with the Knicks for so long.

PostPosted: 06/16/17 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Meeting WNBA heroes inspires poetry from young female athletes

http://www.espn.com/espnw/voices/article/19648106/young-girls-meet-new-york-liberty-players-tina-charles-shavonte-zellous-kiah-stokes-bria-hartley

Quote:
Kiah Stokes: Warrior Woman

PostPosted: 06/16/17 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Meeting WNBA heroes inspires poetry from young female athletes

http://www.espn.com/espnw/voices/article/19648106/young-girls-meet-new-york-liberty-players-tina-charles-shavonte-zellous-kiah-stokes-bria-hartley

Quote:
Kiah Stokes: Warrior Woman

Wonderful! Thanks for posting this.

PostPosted: 06/17/17 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hartley was so so lost and out of space that i thought she was from another Planet, but i am so happy she's improved and proven me wrong. she reminds me of a poor woman's Boyd lol because of her Speed. but Boyd is a little bit more explosive and stronger build wise. Hartley is good in transition and does have a good shot. when Charles or any Liberty player rebounds the ball they are lookin for her and she had alot of fast break attempts in Dallas were she should of made a couple more. The Libs should keep doin that take advantage of her agility and speed to create high percentage easy baskets.

A week off will help alot especially Charles and Rodgers who logged alot of minutes last night.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/17/17 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm thinking L. Allen will be the backup PG to Prince when she returns and Hartley becomes the 10th/11th person off the bench. Starters remain Prince, Rodgers, Zellous, Charles, Stokes. Bench order goes: Vaughn, L. Allen, Raincock, R. Allen, Hartley, Zahui B.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/17/17 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it'll be situational. LFO has id'ed L. Allen as an energy player. If they need energy and a bigger defender, Allen will come in. If they need offense, Hartley will. If one is struggling, as was the case with Allen last night, the other will get more of those leftover minutes.

PostPosted: 06/17/17 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We can't be sure yet if or how well it will work to have Zellous, Prince, and Rodgers all on the court for long stretches. The Liberty have only played 11 games. Prince has missed the last six. Boyd had some playing time at point guard in the first two games. So Laimbeer has had only three games without Boyd but with Zellous, Prince, and Rodgers.

Let's hope it works wonderfully. We will get another look soon.

PostPosted: 06/17/17 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It really is going to be interesting to see what Zellous looks like once Prince is back. Because there were 2+ years of that passive shadow-Zellous in Indiana and New York before the current version came out to play again. Even this season she didn't emerge until Boyd got hurt and Prince left town. So can she carry on being this aggressive, effective variant when there's another ball-dominant scoring option around on top of what they've already got?

I mean, for example, that burst Mo Currie had in San Antonio when they put the ball in her hands a lot at the start of the season (because there was no one else), has completely disappeared once they got their guards back. Obviously it's a different situation, coach and team, but sometimes it's all about the opportunity. It can be difficult to maintain levels when the situation changes around you.

PostPosted: 06/17/17 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I think the Liberty start over when Prince and Vaughn return. Laimbeer is just making do with what he has right now. No way he can keep playing Tina all these minutes. And will Zellous continue to be a big scorer once Prince returns? The combinations will be different, so the roles will be different. They'll have to tweak the way they play to make it work. For instance, the changes they made to help Hartley get the ball up the court may no longer be needed. However, it may be necessary to account for Prince's lack of speed. And will Hartley continue to be effective once she's no longer starting? Just during these last five games things have changed. For instance, Stokes was dominant in the first three games, especially off the boards. Now, she's back to looking physically sluggish or mentally out of it. Is the problem her, the way the team plays or adjustments by the opponent? Overall, I think NY is a team still searching for their identity.

PostPosted: 06/17/17 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Yeah, I think the Liberty start over when Prince and Vaughn return. Laimbeer is just making do with what he has right now. No way he can keep playing Tina all these minutes. And will Zellous continue to be a big scorer once Prince returns? The combinations will be different, so the roles will be different. They'll have to tweak the way they play to make it work. For instance, the changes they made to help Hartley get the ball up the court may no longer be needed. However, it may be necessary to account for Prince's lack of speed. And will Hartley continue to be effective once she's no longer starting? Just during these last five games things have changed. For instance, Stokes was dominant in the first three games, especially off the boards. Now, she's back to looking physically sluggish or mentally out of it. Is the problem her, the way the team plays or adjustments by the opponent? Overall, I think NY is a team still searching for their identity.

Yes, this is what I was trying to address above, but I only wrote about the guards. There's so much that isn't clear. When Vaughn returns, for example, what will that mean for Raincock-Ekunwe? How much will she play and where? And can Rebecca Allen show that she deserves regular playing time? The many questions are partly why I don't see New York as a #2 seed. Way too much uncertainty.

Prince and Vaughn will return for game #13. My hope is that over the following 10 or so games Laimbeer can better determine how he'd like to use his roster. Then a final stretch with the rotation and player use more defined before the playoffs.

PostPosted: 06/17/17 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it's more important to be playing well at the end of the season than where we're seeded. The last two years we played great through 80% of the schedule and then faded. I'd rather be mediocre for most of the season, but then get hot at the right time.

PostPosted: 06/17/17 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
I think it's more important to be playing well at the end of the season than where we're seeded. The last two years we played great through 80% of the schedule and then faded. I'd rather be mediocre for most of the season, but then get hot at the right time.

________________________X

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/17/17 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LFO wrote:
OK, Our players will be top 8 and will be stuck until last game 25th.

Well that turned out to be like when a commentator talks about a great free-throw streak. Kia Vaughn can turn around and come home already, two days into the tournament.

PostPosted: 06/17/17 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
LFO wrote:
OK, Our players will be top 8 and will be stuck until last game 25th.

Well that turned out to be like when a commentator talks about a great free-throw streak. Kia Vaughn can turn around and come home already, two days into the tournament.

I'm sorry for Kia. Well, not that sorry, really. Smile

PostPosted: 06/17/17 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On second thought, I'm sorry for Ameryst Alston or Cierra Burdick. An earlier-than-expected return for Vaughn is likely to mean an earlier-than-expected departure for one of them.

PostPosted: 06/17/17 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
On second thought, I'm sorry for Ameryst Alston or Cierra Burdick. An earlier-than-expected return for Vaughn is likely to mean an earlier-than-expected departure for one of them.

Alston will be first to go. Then Burdick assuming Laimbeer keeps L. Allen.

root_thing

PostPosted: 06/17/17 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting question. If you view Alston as depth at guard, Vaughn doesn't help you there. It would actually make more sense to drop Burdick first if you're going to let her go anyway.

PostPosted: 06/17/17 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Interesting question. If you view Alston as depth at guard, Vaughn doesn't help you there. It would actually make more sense to drop Burdick first if you're going to let her go anyway.

I doubt it matters. Neither Alston or Burdick are seeing any playing time. And we'd only be without Prince for one more game(June 23).

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 06/17/17 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

Agreed.

PostPosted: 06/17/17 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Alston - well I liked her in college. As a pro, not so much.

You could say that about Plum. BOOYAH!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 63 of 80

Jump to: