31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
Storm
68%
 68%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 22

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/17/17 7:51 pm    ::: Stars @ Storm - 6/18/17 Reply Reply with quote

7:00 PM ET
KeyArena
Sunday, June 18, 2017

Game info: http://www.wnba.com/game/20170618/SANSEA/

TV: NBATV • JoeTV • FSSW

Last edited by Luuuc on 06/19/17 10:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/17/17 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Win this game, Stars! The Storm is fading. They are slippin into darkness.....

PostPosted: 06/18/17 5:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Time for the Storm to turn things around again

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455

PostPosted: 06/18/17 7:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like a sold-out game(lower bowl) to see Kelsey Plum. Wonder if being back in Washington will up her game at all.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 06/18/17 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Looks like a sold-out game(lower bowl) to see Kelsey Plum. Wonder if being back in Washington will up her game at all.

Shades of Shoni Schimmel. Funny how this always happens to the Storm. As I recall, they blew out the Dream both times Shoni and her fans came to town. Would not be surprised to see that happen again.

As for Plum - well coming home seemed to help Banham last night. I'd love to see Plum go off finally, but I'm betting on the Storm.

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 06/18/17 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will San Antonio get its first win the same weekend Minny takes it first lost? Man, I hope not. C'mon, Storm - don't sleep on these guys. I don't know who the crowd will pull for, but the Storm would be wise to continue to talk up Whitcomb. The UW fanbase isn't what it was 7 years - however, if given the opportunity, Sami can make a positive impression on the current UW fans.

Plum's last outing at the Key was mostly forgettable...but if Michael Price isn't in the building, then maybe she and her side actually get some calls. I'm kidding. If Michael Price is there, he is every bit as likely to pick San Antonio and f*ck with the game just because he can.

Hopefully the Storm can stay focused because if we do, the game shouldn't be close.

tfan

PostPosted: 06/18/17 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Storm promo caught Plum carrying the ball. But it's a call that is never made. Same with NBA.

tfan

PostPosted: 06/18/17 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Featuring the former Washington Huskies for today's game.

toad455

PostPosted: 06/18/17 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Love that picture. I wonder if Whitcomb will do better than Plum today?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/18/17 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
The Storm promo caught Plum carrying the ball. But it's a call that is never made. Same with NBA.

Officially this is not carrying the ball yet as her hand is not under the ball but on the side Wink

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
bcdawg04

PostPosted: 06/18/17 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Love that picture. I wonder if Whitcomb will do better than Plum today?

If they both get minutes, yes. Whitcomb's game is perfectly suited for her role on the Storm. As for Plum, who is reportedly still not fully recovered from her preseason injury--nobody knows what her role is for her team. Even if Plum hits some shots tonight, she would need help from teammates to keep our defense honest. Otherwise it would be easy enough for the Storm to sub in Quinn or Whitcomb to cover her.

tfan

PostPosted: 06/18/17 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plum doesn't look that much taller than Moriah Jefferson and doesn't have Jefferson's long arms. I think Plum should be listed 5'7".

toad455

PostPosted: 06/18/17 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Plum a bust yet? Very disappointing.

blaase22

PostPosted: 06/18/17 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lady plum can't shoot and still looks Sloooow Shocked

At least with loyd as a rookie you could tell she was quick.

Poor stars curse that danielle adams if it wasn't for her Stewie would be playing for the stars right now!

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/18/17 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Overall, this is probably the worst played game I've seen all year.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/18/17 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whitcomb leaves with a finger injury. Went to the locker room.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/18/17 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Overall, this is probably the worst played game I've seen all year.

Sadly, I don't think it was even the worst played game I've seen in the last four hours.

PostPosted: 06/18/17 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Is is time yet for the "Occam's Razor Explanation of Plum vs. Chong" thread?

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 06/18/17 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With Plum, Jefferson, McBride and Currie, it screams '3-guard lineup'.The same type of system that Dan Hughes ran and the same system that VJ played in successfully. Idea

However, they keep trying to operate a traditional lineup with Alex Montgomery, and combining her with a ramping up Harrison and trending down DeSouza, and they can't do anything in the post. Shocked

They should just start Jefferson, Plum, McBride, Hamby and Harrison and just develop the players through playing time and forget about winning games... it's not like they've won any games anyways... Confused

LibFan25

PostPosted: 06/18/17 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Is is time yet for the "Occam's Razor Explanation of Plum vs. Chong" thread?

lol that would be a entertaining popcorn reading thread

i would not give up on Plum just yet, but so far im not impressed. Stars know they ain't goin nowhere this year so they start Plum to see what they got.

2018 lottery

Stars: Wilson
Sky: Deshields
Dream: ???
Wings: ???

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 06/18/17 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crap. I hope Whitcomb's injury isn't serious.

The oncourt postgame interview with Plum was just classic Kelsey. There aren't a lot of players who give interviews like that--never says the wrong thing but is so raw and candid and not spouting a bunch of clichés. And she did bring up that monster block from Stewie, making a joke about it at her own expense. lol

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 06/18/17 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
With Plum, Jefferson, McBride and Currie, it screams '3-guard lineup'.The same type of system that Dan Hughes ran and the same system that VJ played in successfully. Idea

However, they keep trying to operate a traditional lineup with Alex Montgomery, and combining her with a ramping up Harrison and trending down DeSouza, and they can't do anything in the post. Shocked

They should just start Jefferson, Plum, McBride, Hamby and Harrison and just develop the players through playing time and forget about winning games... it's not like they've won any games anyways... Confused

I agree if they want to develop for the future they should start the line up you suggest.

If they want to try and win games they should start (and play heavily) Jefferson, McBride, Currie, Harrison, Alexander.

merlina

PostPosted: 06/18/17 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Shades of Shoni Schimmel. Funny how this always happens to the Storm. As I recall, they blew out the Dream both times Shoni and her fans came to town. Would not be surprised to see that happen again.

As for Plum - well coming home seemed to help Banham last night. I'd love to see Plum go off finally, but I'm betting on the Storm.

There was a lot of cheering for Plum, but fortunately there wasn't much booing or jeering at the Storm - in that sense it was a lot nicer than when Shoni has been in Seattle.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/18/17 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
With Plum, Jefferson, McBride and Currie, it screams '3-guard lineup'.

It screams "these three don't fit together and don 't belong on the floor at the same time."

The ONLY thing this accomplishes is to take your best player and to play her out of position where she is ill suited to thrive just so you can give playing time to a pair of miniature guards who also don't belong together in the back court.

Face it, they blew their first pick in the draft. They needed to draft for position and even if we assume that Plum looked like the best prospect overall, she wasn't good enough to override their need for a 3, 4 or 5.

If they're going to waste minutes on a rookie just to get her some experience and an extended tryout, they ought to do it with Coffey and see if they can develop her into a small forward who can play. Then if they get to draft Wilson to play the 4, they might actually have something worthwhile for the future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: