RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm take a stand for Planned Parenthood
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 06/17/17 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How come people can call me ignorant and a mysogynist and everything is just fine, they can continue to post, but I call someone a "schmuck" (such an awful insult) because someone made a stupid comment about Trump and I'm gone for a month? I love the selective "outrage" on this board.

Last edited by Jet Jaguar on 06/17/17 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 06/17/17 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Planned Parenthood does 1/3 of all abortions in the United States. Is on tape saying they sell baby body parts to the highest bidder. Laughs about how hard it is to tear a baby apart. Has quotas for abortion. Tries to convince young girls that abortion is the best answer. Has no prenatal care. No adoption services. Aborts 160 babies for every 1 they refer out for adoption. Carries out abortions just because someone doesn't like the baby's sex. Covers up when they encounter sex-trafficking (it's on tape).

And you guys wonder why we are against this reprehensible organization. No money should be given to this place EVER -- much less my tax payer money.

The people who doctored that video tape were found guilty of criminal charges - it was proven in a court of law that it was all lies. Only ignorant people still believe that crap and you show yourself to earn the title of IGNORANT.

They are not doctored. They are people planted but they are confirming what they said. And again. The board monitors will do absolutely nothing because you called me ignorant. Plus you didn't refute any of the other stuff I said. Even if that one instance was misrepresented, all the other stuff makes them just as reprehensible.

Actually, the videos were heavily edited

So "heavily edited" that they were found guilty of criminal charges. That's some pretty "heavy" editing. It's like if you clipped out individual letters from a newspaper to state a lie and say "but the newspaper printed it." Which is why they were found guilty of criminal charges.

Yep, you are IGNORANT. Guilty as charged.

~rAf
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 06/17/17 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will repeat what I wrote above. Jet Jaguar has stated in this thread a clear lack of support for the WNBA. So why is Jet Jaguar here? Anyone who doesn't support the WNBA--whatever their political views--should voluntarily leave.

PostPosted: 06/17/17 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
I will repeat what I wrote above. Jet Jaguar has stated in this thread a clear lack of support for the WNBA. So why is Jet Jaguar here? Anyone who doesn't support the WNBA--whatever their political views--should voluntarily leave.

There are tons of people on here who watch college ball and don't care about the WNBA. Are they banned from posting on here too?

PostPosted: 06/17/17 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:

It's ok Bob. I'll be banned from here shortly. They don't like people opposing the groupthink that all you people have on here.

PostPosted: 06/17/17 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

It's ok Bob. I'll be banned from here shortly. They don't like people opposing the groupthink that all you people have on here.

Yawn.

Last edited by Bob Lamm on 06/17/17 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 06/17/17 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Planned Parenthood does 1/3 of all abortions in the United States. Is on tape saying they sell baby body parts to the highest bidder. Laughs about how hard it is to tear a baby apart. Has quotas for abortion. Tries to convince young girls that abortion is the best answer. Has no prenatal care. No adoption services. Aborts 160 babies for every 1 they refer out for adoption. Carries out abortions just because someone doesn't like the baby's sex. Covers up when they encounter sex-trafficking (it's on tape).

And you guys wonder why we are against this reprehensible organization. No money should be given to this place EVER -- much less my tax payer money.

The people who doctored that video tape were found guilty of criminal charges - it was proven in a court of law that it was all lies. Only ignorant people still believe that crap and you show yourself to earn the title of IGNORANT.

They are not doctored. They are people planted but they are confirming what they said. And again. The board monitors will do absolutely nothing because you called me ignorant. Plus you didn't refute any of the other stuff I said. Even if that one instance was misrepresented, all the other stuff makes them just as reprehensible.

Actually, the videos were heavily edited

So "heavily edited" that they were found guilty of criminal charges. That's some pretty "heavy" editing. It's like if you clipped out individual letters from a newspaper to state a lie and say "but the newspaper printed it." Which is why they were found guilty of criminal charges.

Yep, you are IGNORANT. Guilty as charged.

If you still support PP just because you think that's the only thing out of my laundry list of offenses is false, an the other stuff is just fine, then who is really IGNORANT on here?

PostPosted: 06/17/17 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

Yawn.

My favorite athlete of all time is a woman. Why would I go there, you schmuck.... Banned in 3,2,1,.....

PostPosted: 06/17/17 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey, nice Bob. You edited your post that told me to go to a mysogynistic board before I could quote you. Nice job....

PostPosted: 06/17/17 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:

If you still support PP just because you think that's the only thing out of my laundry list of offenses is false, an the other stuff is just fine, then who is really IGNORANT on here?

Isn't that a major inaccuracy? After reading that, I wouldn't be too inclined to take the remainder of the statement as being accurate.

PostPosted: 06/17/17 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

Isn't that a major inaccuracy? After reading that, I wouldn't be too inclined to take the remainder of the statement as being accurate.

Don't think they haven't tried to debunk any of they other stuff. They can't.

PostPosted: 06/17/17 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Educate yourselves:
https://www.liveaction.org

They interview actual people who worked at these places. Oh I know. They're all lying... And I'm the ignorant one Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 06/17/17 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:

Please. Let's break down your post and seperate fact from fiction.

1) PP does about 1/3 of the abortions in the US.

This is factual. It is actually at about 34-35%. This is because they serve the largest demograpic in the US: Low income peoples. Which tells us they perform a very important role in women' health care. But let's parse this number as well. If they perform 34% of the abortions, who is performing 66% of them. The reason PP serves so many is that they are one of the only low cost providers. The other 66% is split between all the other major health care providers who all perform abortive services as a standard of their OB/GYN practices.

So without planned parenthood, the only people who would lack access to this essential, constitutionally protected seevice, is the poor.

2) Is on tape....
There is a tape. Of that tape there are heavily edited and uncut versions. The one that you are referring to that invloved laughing and suggestions of profiteering from tissue sales is edited to the point of fiction, including selective splicing.

Of the uncut version, medical ethicsists have said there is nothing wrong with what they are doing, and in fact are performing a huge service to the field of medical science. They found no sign of profiteering nor improper behavior.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/07/unspinning-the-planned-parenthood-video/

3)Abortion Quotas.
This is based on one anti-abortionist's claim/suit in Iowa. It is entirely unproven and most of the case was thown out by the judge.

http://www.snopes.com/planned-parenthood-abortion-quotas/

4) Convinces Girls...
There is no evidence of any widespread institutional perference for that. But most people who arrive at PP have already made up their minds.

5)Has no prenatal care.
This is false. They actually do provide some prenatal care, although it is a very small fraction of what they do. Which makes sense, as there are others who can provide much better care for pregnant women up through their delivery. What PP does do, is provide resources to low income women on how to find a local affordable option.

6)No adoption services. Aborts 160 babies for every 1...
This is true. But of course it is. There are little to no OB/GYN doctors anywhere that also provide adoption services. And most women who go to PP aren't looking for such services. 160 to 1 is actually much lower of a ratio than I expected.

7)Carries out abortion beacuse...baby' sex.
Well of course they do. So does every other OB/GYN that provides that service. Why? Because good, reputable doctors don't ask why. The why is irrelevant. All that matters is that woman does not want to carry and give birth, and that is her constitutional right. So a doctor doesn’t ask because it has no bearing on their job.

8)sex trafficking
See response about the video. But also understand that they are not a police authority and they are limited by HIPAA. But they do, in fact, work with police when something seems to be not right. Just like all medical providers.

PostPosted: 06/17/17 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
How come people can call me ignorant and a mysogynist and everything is just fine, they can continue to post, but I call someone a "schmuck" (such an awful insult) because someone made a stupid comment about Trump and I'm gone for a month? I love the selective "outrage" on this board.

Laughing Anyone else voting for two months, three months or more?

~rAf
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 06/17/17 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love how buddy got his source refuted, with cites, and his response was to double down with the exact same website.

I find myself partially conflicted, because I support the Storm ownership making this stand one hundred percent, but I generally hate the Storm otherwise.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
merlina

PostPosted: 06/17/17 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Educate yourselves:

They interview actual people who worked at these places. Oh I know. They're all lying... And I'm the ignorant one Rolling Eyes

Here's the thing, though. If you don't have a womb, abortions are none of your fucking business.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 06/17/17 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

merlina wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Educate yourselves:

Here's the thing, though. If you don't have a womb, abortions are none of your fucking business.

Exactly!!!!!! If men could suddenly become pregnant, abortions would sky rocket and Planned Parenthood would become the biggest company in the world and Jet Jaguar would be first in line.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 06/17/17 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
merlina wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Educate yourselves:

Exactly!!!!!! If men could suddenly become pregnant, abortions would sky rocket and Planned Parenthood would become the biggest company in the world and Jet Jaguar would be first in line.

Please count me as one person without a womb who completely agrees with both of you.

PostPosted: 06/17/17 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

merlina wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Educate yourselves:

Agreed.

I am trying very hard not to bring the banhammer in for one particularly contentious thread where people are perhaps being more irrational than usual, but if someone would like to be banned, please feel free to let me know and I'll happily oblige.

PostPosted: 06/17/17 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
merlina wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Educate yourselves:

Agreed.

I am trying very hard not to bring the banhammer in for one particularly contentious thread where people are perhaps being more irrational than usual, but if someone would like to be banned, please feel free to let me know and I'll happily oblige.

Calling other posters "ignorant" has been sufficient cause for banning before

PostPosted: 06/17/17 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
threefrom60 wrote:
I have utilized services at Planned Parenthood on three separate occasions and none of them involved an abortion.

Got a mammogram? Nope. Don't provide them.
Prenatal care? Nope. Doesn't do them. You get pregnant, they can help you kill it though
Adoption services? Nope.
Anything you had done can be provided cheaply at other health centers across America.

You are parroting well known right-wing false talking points. Seattle PP offers the following services:
Abortion Services
Birth Control
General Health Care
HIV Testing
LGBT Services
Men's Health Care
Morning-After Pill (Emergency Contraception)
Pregnancy Testing & Services
STD Testing, Treatment & Vaccines
Women's Health Care

They also make services affordable for those on low incomes.
Here's a PDF for more general specifics as to services afforded: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/files/4013/9611/7243/Planned_Parenthood_Services.pdf

As for mammograms, they do not offer them on site but do referrals and help women pay for them and sometimes underwrite the costs and offer free mobile screenings.

Women (and men) need access to affordable health care and screening services. If you are really anti-choice then you should be supportive of PP's ongoing mission to help prevent unwanted pregnancies. More birth control access means fewer terminated pregnancies.

Only 3% of services are abortion related.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 06/17/17 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CalwbbFan wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
threefrom60 wrote:
I have utilized services at Planned Parenthood on three separate occasions and none of them involved an abortion.

Got a mammogram? Nope. Don't provide them.
Prenatal care? Nope. Doesn't do them. You get pregnant, they can help you kill it though
Adoption services? Nope.
Anything you had done can be provided cheaply at other health centers across America.

You are parroting well known right-wing false talking points. Seattle PP offers the following services:
Abortion Services
Birth Control
General Health Care
HIV Testing
LGBT Services
Men's Health Care
Morning-After Pill (Emergency Contraception)
Pregnancy Testing & Services
STD Testing, Treatment & Vaccines
Women's Health Care

They also make services affordable for those on low incomes.
Here's a PDF for more general specifics as to services afforded: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/files/4013/9611/7243/Planned_Parenthood_Services.pdf

As for mammograms, they do not offer them on site but do referrals and help women pay for them and sometimes underwrite the costs and offer free mobile screenings.

Women (and men) need access to affordable health care and screening services. If you are really anti-choice then you should be supportive of PP's ongoing mission to help prevent unwanted pregnancies. More birth control access means fewer terminated pregnancies.

Only 3% of services are abortion related.

Excellent, valuable post.

PostPosted: 06/17/17 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Calling other posters "ignorant" has been sufficient cause for banning before

Has it? "Ignorant" seems not so much an insult as an assessment. I mean, hit dogs holler, and all that but, still...

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
josephkramer44

PostPosted: 06/17/17 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The world would be a very boring place if everyone thought the same way and liked the same things and looked the same. I hope everyone feels the same way and different opinions are welcome.

I can assure you I have been to places where EVERYONE does SAY THE SAME THING, DRESSES THE SAME, HAS THE SAME OPINION, and even HAS THE SAME HAIRCUT! It was very surreal and in some ways frightening. Trust me people you don't want that kind of thing here.

justintyme

PostPosted: 06/17/17 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

josephkramer44 wrote:
The world would be a very boring place if everyone thought the same way and liked the same things and looked the same. I hope everyone feels the same way and different opinions are welcome.

I can assure you I have been to places where EVERYONE does SAY THE SAME THING, DRESSES THE SAME, HAS THE SAME OPINION, and even HAS THE SAME HAIRCUT! It was very surreal and in some ways frightening. Trust me people you don't want that kind of thing here.

While I agree that diverse thoughts, experiences, and personalities is a great and wonderful thing, I do wish we would get to a place where these differences do not include the belief that people can dictate what happens within another person's uterus. That sort of assault upon a woman's autonomy does not make the community a pleasant place to be (especially for that woman). It's like telling a person of color that their robe wearing, cross burning KKK neighbors add to the diversity of thought in their community, thus making it stronger....

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: