RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm take a stand for Planned Parenthood
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 06/16/17 12:16 pm    ::: Seattle Storm take a stand for Planned Parenthood Reply Reply with quote

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/15/sports/basketball/wnba-seattle-storm-planned-parenthood.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fsports&action=click&contentCollection=sports&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=9&pgtype=sectionfront&_r=0

The Seattle Storm will hold a "Stand With Planned Parenthood" rally on July 18 in Key Arena's West Plaza. $5 from the sale of each ticket for the game that day against the Chicago Sky will be donated to the located Planned Parenthood chapter.

Wonderful move by Dawn Trudeau and other owners of the Storm. Nice supportive comments from Cheryl Reeve and from Imani Boyette (who speaks of being a Planned Parenthood patient while in high school).

PostPosted: 06/16/17 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yet another good reason to not support the WNBA anymore. Disgusting.

Last edited by Jet Jaguar on 06/16/17 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 06/16/17 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good for the Seattle Storm. More teams should follow suit.

justinabina

PostPosted: 06/16/17 4:27 pm    ::: Re: Seattle Storm take a stand for Planned Parenthood Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/15/sports/basketball/wnba-seattle-storm-planned-parenthood.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fsports&action=click&contentCollection=sports&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=9&pgtype=sectionfront&_r=0

The Seattle Storm will hold a "Stand With Planned Parenthood" rally on July 18 in Key Arena's West Plaza. $5 from the sale of each ticket for the game that day against the Chicago Sky will be donated to the located Planned Parenthood chapter.

Wonderful move by Dawn Trudeau and other owners of the Storm. Nice supportive comments from Cheryl Reeve and from Imani Boyette (who speaks of being a Planned Parenthood patient while in high school).

Wonderful to see this support for an organization that provides healthcare to all kinds of women.

sigur3

PostPosted: 06/16/17 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And meanwhile the Sky can't even host a simple PRIDE NIGHT.

craigmont

PostPosted: 06/16/17 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:

Okay, bye then!

justintyme

PostPosted: 06/16/17 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:

And this statement disgusts me. Don't let the door hit you on your ass on the way out.

Personally, I applaud the Seattle Storm for standing up for low cost, quality women's health care.

PostPosted: 06/16/17 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

And this statement disgusts me. Don't let the door hit you on your ass on the way out.

Personally, I applaud the Seattle Storm for standing up for low cost, quality women's health care.

So someone comes onto this board just to spit on the WNBA and spit on those of us who love the WNBA? Really? Doesn't that person have anything better to do? Isn't there some misogynistic discussion group where Jet Jaguar won't be disgusted?

PostPosted: 06/16/17 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As long as we are getting political on here. You guys should educate yourself on just what you think is so great. Planned Parenthood is nothing more than an abortion clinic. If you are pregnant, there is literally nothing that they can offer you except an abortion. Any of the other things they provide can be readily available at community health centers, which are more numerous as well. Go to this website and find out the truth. The Storm should be ashamed of themselves for doing this.
https://www.liveaction.org

PostPosted: 06/16/17 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

So someone comes onto this board just to spit on the WNBA and spit on those of us who love the WNBA? Really? Doesn't that person have anything better to do? Isn't there some misogynistic discussion group where Jet Jaguar won't be disgusted?

Oh I get it. I'm mysogynistic now. Because I don't believe in what you do and I believe in babies rights, I hate women. I'm probably also racist and homophobic too. I'm used to being called names. I suppose even though you called me a mysogynist, I'm the one who is going to be banned from this board and not you. That would be typical. You hate people who think differently than you do.

PostPosted: 06/16/17 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have utilized services at Planned Parenthood on three separate occasions and none of them involved an abortion.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 06/16/17 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

Oh I get it. I'm mysogynistic now. Because I don't believe in what you do and I believe in babies rights, I hate women. I'm probably also racist and homophobic too. I'm used to being called names. I suppose even though you called me a mysogynist, I'm the one who is going to be banned from this board and not you. That would be typical. You hate people who think differently than you do.

If you believe that the WNBA isn't worthy of support, then you shouldn't be here whether you have great politics or awful politics. I don't hate you, but I certainly hope you'll go somewhere else with your ugly views and not bother those of us who love the WNBA.

PostPosted: 06/16/17 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threefrom60 wrote:
I have utilized services at Planned Parenthood on three separate occasions and none of them involved an abortion.

Thanks for sharing this.

PostPosted: 06/16/17 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good for Seattle !
I wish The Liberty would follow !!!!

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 06/16/17 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

If you believe that the WNBA isn't worthy of support, then you shouldn't be here whether you have great politics or awful politics. I don't hate you, but I certainly hope you'll go somewhere else with your ugly views and not bother those of us who love the WNBA.

You just called me a mysogynist. Where are the board monitors when you need them? Oh, they won't care because they agree with you.

PostPosted: 06/16/17 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threefrom60 wrote:

Got a mammogram? Nope. Don't provide them.
Prenatal care? Nope. Doesn't do them. You get pregnant, they can help you kill it though
Adoption services? Nope.
Anything you had done can be provided cheaply at other health centers across America.

PostPosted: 06/16/17 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
As long as we are getting political on here. You guys should educate yourself on just what you think is so great. Planned Parenthood is nothing more than an abortion clinic. If you are pregnant, there is literally nothing that they can offer you except an abortion. Any of the other things they provide can be readily available at community health centers, which are more numerous as well. Go to this website and find out the truth. The Storm should be ashamed of themselves for doing this.

You don't have to have an abortion if you personally don't want to.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 06/16/17 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

Remember, this is a person who keeps a failed WNBA player as a personal pet and disparages all successful WNBA players (those who earn spots on a team). Keep this in mind while evaluating (ignoring) their statements of disgust directed at others.

~rAf
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 06/16/17 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

You just called me a mysogynist. Where are the board monitors when you need them? Oh, they won't care because they agree with you.
\

Where are the spelling editors to help you? Smile

People shouldn't be banned from the board just because of their political views. But someone like you who makes it clear you don't support the WNBA should voluntarily leave.

PostPosted: 06/16/17 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
threefrom60 wrote:

Got a mammogram? Nope. Don't provide them.
Prenatal care? Nope. Doesn't do them. You get pregnant, they can help you kill it though
Adoption services? Nope.
Anything you had done can be provided cheaply at other health centers across America.

The ignorance runs deep with this one. The fact that millions of women no longer have access to health care in their community due to closing of Planned Parenthood Clinics - don't let this FACT get in the way of your personal beliefs. The great BIG state of Texas has thousands of these communities and no transportation to the closest clinic for medical screenings and birth control.

And let's not forget the number of women who die trying to abort themselves or obtaining illegal abortions. Their fetus is also denied their potential life.

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU TO THE SEATTLE STORM OWNERS, MANAGEMENT AND PLAYERS FOR SUPPORTING PLANNED PARENTHOOD!!!

~rAf
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 06/16/17 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

Remember, this is a person who keeps a failed WNBA player as a personal pet and disparages all successful WNBA players (those who earn spots on a team). Keep this in mind while evaluating (ignoring) their statements of disgust directed at others.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 06/16/17 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

\

People shouldn't be banned from the board just because of their political views. But someone like you who makes it clear you don't support the WNBA should voluntarily leave.

A-Amen! A-Amen! A-Amen. Amen Amen.

(and please release your pet from the cage you keep her in as you go). Sammy is a person who should be free instead of held captive in the WNBA dungeon. Give her some dignity please.

~rAf
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 06/16/17 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

\

A-Amen! A-Amen! A-Amen. Amen Amen.

(and please release your pet from the cage you keep her in as you go). Sammy is a person who should be free instead of held captive in the WNBA dungeon. Give her some dignity please.

LOL. Free Sammy! Free all political and athletic prisoners! Smile

PostPosted: 06/16/17 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
Good for Seattle !
I wish The Liberty would follow !!!!

Me too! Makes me want to buy tickets to the supporting Storm game!

PostPosted: 06/16/17 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:

Wow. How about you find some facts.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/09/planned-parenthoods-services/

1) 3% of the services they offer are abortions (which is also a medical service that women require access to BY LEGAL/CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT).

2) Less than 12% of their clients receive an abortion (12% is the high end figure, and that assumes every abortion recorded was by a different person. If people had multiple, that figure lowers substantially).

They do, in fact, provide prenatal care in some of their locations. And the locations that don't offer it can get their clients help in finding an afforable place that does.

Other services:
Contraceptive Services (which helps to keep the number of people requiring abortions to a minimum).

STD Testing and Treatment

Cancer Screening including PAP Smears and Breast Examinations
HPV vaccinations.

Colonoscapies.

Family Planning (and yes, referrals to adoption agencies if requested).

And, of course, pregnancy tests.

Theae are all important and essential services. But you know, because they provide abortions (which so does just about every other major health care provider, they just cost more money) they are somehow deserving of scorn.

It's funny how only poor people (or lower income people) have to wade through demonstrators and face scorn for exercising their constitutional right to not be forced to carry a fetus and give birth against their will. The rich just go to their doctor, pay their money, and have the procedure done.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: