RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 06/02/17 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tonight Plaisance and GloJo secured 7 rebounds in 52 total minutes while Charles and Stokes snagged 25 boards in 65 minutes. That was the game. Really poor rebounding by the Wings posts.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/02/17 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Forget a trade. We need liz tonight exposed why. I believe even with paris in the line up this still would have happened. Tina made our post look like ginger bread babies Embarassed .

Tina might also have fouled Liz out of the game in about 6 minutes.
As I posted on the previous page, WNBA is not in her plans for this season. She said so herself. Hopefully the Wings made a good impression and she pencils it in for next year, but it's really best for everyone's sanity if they just assume she won't be there until she is physically there and in uniform at the start of a game.

PostPosted: 06/03/17 7:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yes, with Cambage the Wings would have beaten the Liberty last night. Charles likely would have had only 20. No one could guard Charles last night. We'll see where all these rumors & reports end up.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/03/17 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
yes, with Cambage the Wings would have beaten the Liberty last night. Charles likely would have had only 20. No one could guard Charles last night. We'll see where all these rumors & reports end up.

+1

PostPosted: 06/03/17 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has Cambage gotten quicker, better post footwork. Admittedly, I haven't seen her play as of late but back in the day in Tulsa against more athletic bigs she was at a disadvantage. Her size help her mitigate some of that deficiency but still she just seemed slow to me.
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 06/03/17 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
All of this Cambage in Dallas talk is very misleading. If she's going to play, just come out and say it. Maybe Johnson wants out of Dallas? Johnson to Chicago for the rights to Coates? Cambage joins and Plaisance becomes the starting PF by default.

PG: Diggins/Chong
SG: Gray/Davis
SF: Christmas/Powers/Thornton
PF: Plaisance/Akhator
C: Cambage/Paris/Lewis

If Coates can play at some point, maybe Paris gets traded for a pick in 2018?

Coates is slow and will be coming off a year without playing , giving up glory for her would not be sufficient. Throw in Coates & 2018 1st Rounder then were in business !! Glory has high value , coates hasnt proved a thing at this level. Would be pretty dumb on Freds part but then again thats never stopped him so you never know. That 1st Rounder better be a constant if were talking Glory Trades though. Paris for Coates straight up though would be great for both teams !

When did this happen?

April 7, 1995 ?

I couldnt have said it any better Laughing She wont fix any of our defensive issues imo. She can rebound without question but so can glory and who knows if she will even be the old Coates after this injury so much time missed without a real game played. I dont think dallas are in a place to be wishing upon a star! Have you NOT seen pegasus? Laughing

If you are saying that compared to a guard, then yes Coates is slower, but why make such a comparison? Anyone who puts Alaina Coates in a guard spot for their team is not shuffling a full deck. If you're keeping her at the post position, then unless you're predicting that her ankle injury will slow her down, you have no evidence that compared to posts during her college career Coates was slow. She has been always very quick down the floor, and has been praised by more than can be counted for her quickness, foot speed, athleticism, and hustle after loose balls.

She has shown times when she's been in very physical post battles, that she will not hustle as much. In those times I'm sure she was either exhausted, frustrated, or both. But then she has also shown more times than that, that when she wants to hustle, she leaves other competing posts for the other teams behind. You're the first person I've ever seen in text or audio state that "Alaina Coates is slow".....

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/04/17 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
All of this Cambage in Dallas talk is very misleading. If she's going to play, just come out and say it. Maybe Johnson wants out of Dallas? Johnson to Chicago for the rights to Coates? Cambage joins and Plaisance becomes the starting PF by default.

Coates is slow and will be coming off a year without playing , giving up glory for her would not be sufficient. Throw in Coates & 2018 1st Rounder then were in business !! Glory has high value , coates hasnt proved a thing at this level. Would be pretty dumb on Freds part but then again thats never stopped him so you never know. That 1st Rounder better be a constant if were talking Glory Trades though. Paris for Coates straight up though would be great for both teams !

When did this happen?

April 7, 1995 ?

I couldnt have said it any better Laughing She wont fix any of our defensive issues imo. She can rebound without question but so can glory and who knows if she will even be the old Coates after this injury so much time missed without a real game played. I dont think dallas are in a place to be wishing upon a star! Have you NOT seen pegasus? Laughing

If you are saying that compared to a guard, then yes Coates is slower, but why make such a comparison? Anyone who puts Alaina Coates in a guard spot for their team is not shuffling a full deck. If you're keeping her at the post position, then unless you're predicting that her ankle injury will slow her down, you have no evidence that compared to posts during her college career Coates was slow. She has been always very quick down the floor, and has been praised by more than can be counted for her quickness, foot speed, athleticism, and hustle after loose balls.

She has shown times when she's been in very physical post battles, that she will not hustle as much. In those times I'm sure she was either exhausted, frustrated, or both. But then she has also shown more times than that, that when she wants to hustle, she leaves other competing posts for the other teams behind. You're the first person I've ever seen in text or audio state that "Alaina Coates is slow".....

Who said anything about coates playing GUARD Shocked #TankModesFinest. And your praising her abilities on the college level. Shes not in kansas anymore my friend. Put coates in a WNBA pick and roll and let that speak for itself. Im not even going to mention the bum ankle and the effects that will have outside the paint. Can she guard mobile bigs in this league is the question not can she play guard Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 06/12/17 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 06/13/17 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/cigna-nets-dallas-wings-sponsorship#.WT_iUyhgRR4.twitter

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 06/15/17 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

When did this happen?

April 7, 1995 ?

Who said anything about coates playing GUARD Shocked #TankModesFinest. And your praising her abilities on the college level. Shes not in kansas anymore my friend. Put coates in a WNBA pick and roll and let that speak for itself. Im not even going to mention the bum ankle and the effects that will have outside the paint. Can she guard mobile bigs in this league is the question not can she play guard Rolling Eyes

I was trying to make heads or tails of what you meant about Alaina Coates being "slow". As to her ankle injury, you are ignorant as to what degree it will hamper her ability to fully recover in the future if it hampers it at all. So perhaps you are trying to spin your nonsense into "Coates is slow while she's laid up with the ankle injury", but she's not playing on the injured ankle, so again what are you talking about?

The quickness at the collegiate level is not different than the quickness at the professional level. Certainly not to any extent that a post with the athleticism and quickness that Coates has will now be "slow". If anything, the WBB players get slower at the professional level, not quicker. Compared to how she played while at UConn, Taurasi is "slow" these days.....

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/15/17 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

When did this happen?

April 7, 1995 ?

I was trying to make heads or tails of what you meant about Alaina Coates being "slow". As to her ankle injury, you are ignorant as to what degree it will hamper her ability to fully recover in the future if it hampers it at all. So perhaps you are trying to spin your nonsense into "Coates is slow while she's laid up with the ankle injury", but she's not playing on the injured ankle, so again what are you talking about? The quickness at the collegiate level is not different than the quickness at the professional level. Certainly not to any extent that a post with the athleticism and quickness that Coates has will now be "slow".If anything, the WBB players get slower at the professional level, not quicker. Compared to how she played while at UConn, Taurasi is "slow" these day..

A player gets hurt misses the most important time of her career rides a pedal stool to the draft and misses and entire season and your saying shes not going to miss a beat? Laughing

After reading this, im starting to believe you do not know the definition of ignorant Shocked Laughing

I think im going to stop this debate with you Laughing your experience level is pretty obvious. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 06/15/17 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

When did this happen?

April 7, 1995 ?

I was trying to make heads or tails of what you meant about Alaina Coates being "slow". As to her ankle injury, you are ignorant as to what degree it will hamper her ability to fully recover in the future if it hampers it at all. So perhaps you are trying to spin your nonsense into "Coates is slow while she's laid up with the ankle injury", but she's not playing on the injured ankle, so again what are you talking about? The quickness at the collegiate level is not different than the quickness at the professional level. Certainly not to any extent that a post with the athleticism and quickness that Coates has will now be "slow".If anything, the WBB players get slower at the professional level, not quicker. Compared to how she played while at UConn, Taurasi is "slow" these day..

A player gets hurt misses the most important time of her career rides a pedal stool to the draft and misses and entire season and your saying shes not going to miss a beat? Laughing

After reading this, im starting to believe you do not know the definition of ignorant Shocked Laughing

I think im going to stop this debate with you Laughing your experience level is pretty obvious. Rolling Eyes

You're not allowed to post for the rest of the day Laughing

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/15/17 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 06/15/17 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

That goes for you too! Laughing Laughing Laughing Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

StevenHW

PostPosted: 06/15/17 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It has now been a couple of weeks since it was reported that the Wings were trying get Cambage back into the WNBA for this season. What is the status now? (I am not on Twitter or Instagram, so I have no idea from what they have wrote about this.)

PostPosted: 06/16/17 1:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
It has now been a couple of weeks since it was reported that the Wings were trying get Cambage back into the WNBA for this season. What is the status now? (I am not on Twitter or Instagram, so I have no idea from what they have wrote about this.)

I get that people don't trust her to play if she says she's going to play somewhere, but she already said just a few weeks ago that she's not going to play this season, and personally I take her at her word on that one.
She's now in London btw.

PostPosted: 06/16/17 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

That goes for you too! Laughing Laughing Laughing Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

omg im crying guys Laughing Laughing Shocked Laughing #ThePedalStool

PostPosted: 06/20/17 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did anyone else notice the minimal or lack there of playing time KD (Kaela Davis) Recieved against Washington ? Does this favor Ariel's return and KD's mins being diminished ?

PostPosted: 06/20/17 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Did anyone else notice the minimal or lack there of playing time KD (Kaela Davis) Recieved against Washington ? Does this favor Ariel's return and KD's mins being diminished ?

I think she just had a bad game: =/- negative 15, 1-4 FG, 3 PF 2 TO's all in 11 minutes so Fred didn't keep her in much. I think a of times coaches look at the plus/minus during the game and try to see how well or badly things are going when a particular player in the game.

Powers will likely be competing for minutes with Davis, Christmas and Gray was well. Wings might want to consider a trade with a team with too many posts......(I'm looking at you Chicago.)

toad455

PostPosted: 06/20/17 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if the Wings would considering trading Powers considering how well Davis, Gray & Chong are all performing?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 06/20/17 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I wonder if the Wings would considering trading Powers considering how well Davis, Gray & Chong are all performing?

Next year? I say don't bring Christmas back. Whether they core and trade Christmas, I dunno. Is Christmas worth max money to a team like, say, the Liberty?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/20/17 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Helllll to the no , i like Davis & All but Powers < Davis A (Healthy Powers ) does at least

PostPosted: 06/20/17 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Next year? I say don't bring Christmas back. Whether they core and trade Christmas, I dunno. Is Christmas worth max money to a team like, say, the Liberty?

Kelly of Christmas Kelly is a coach at a HS in Marietta, GA. I think the dots connect straight to Atlanta.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/20/17 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Kelly of Christmas Kelly is a coach at a HS in Marietta, GA. I think the dots connect straight to Atlanta.

You want her as a high-priced backup to McCoughtry or Hayes?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/20/17 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:

You want her as a high-priced backup to McCoughtry or Hayes?

Seems fitting that shes the one to go with the young rising talent we have at that position. KD / Gray / Powers / Diggins & Chong could be together for years to come. Although the most consistent all around player we have is karima So unless we can luck up with a nice young rookie next year with a little size on the perimeter along with being able to bang with the big gals we might need to keep KCK . Only player that comes to mind would be DD ijs Idea

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 29 of 36

Jump to: