RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2018 Draft Watch Update....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/14/17 10:45 am    ::: 2018 Draft Watch Update.... Reply Reply with quote

So Far Here are the teams with the best Odds for the lottery up to date as of 6/14/17. Will try and track as the season goes along.

1. San Antonio 7-36
2 . Dallas Wings 15-30
3. Connecticut Sun 17-25
4. Chicago Sky 20-23
5. Styx 20-24
6. Indiana Fever 21-23
7. Seattle Storm 21-23
8. Phx 21-22
9. Atlanta 22-21
10. NYL 27-16
11. LA 32-11
12. Lynx 37-6

PostPosted: 06/14/17 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like nobody can catch the falling Stars now. It is a bit hard to believe Atlanta's w/l over the past season+9/34 is 4th best. Problem for the Stars is they can't get any better chance than 44% or so.

Tanks for doing this.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/14/17 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Looks like nobody can catch the falling Stars now. It is a bit hard to believe Atlanta's w/l over the past season+9/34 is 4th best. Problem for the Stars is they can't get any better chance than 44% or so.

Tanks for doing this.

No problem , hopefully i can have updates by ASG break . If San Antonio gets the #1 pick 2 years in a row id be highly upset but it would be understood. Didnt realize how bad they have been , Crossing my fingers for my Dallas wings though getting that #1 pick . Lord knows we could use Aja Wilson

PostPosted: 06/14/17 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Tanks for doing this.

Just noticed your Tanks Cool Idea

PostPosted: 06/14/17 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It took the shipwreck of the Mystics' luck for this system to come into place? Well luckily Thibault has righted the ship with development and FA's. Congrats Stars, you are new Tulsa Shock of the early 2010 decade. Remember in 2014 when they were young and was looking forward to the future? Well...

toad455

PostPosted: 06/14/17 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd pencil this in already "with the first pick in the 2018 draft, the San Antonio Stars select Aja Wilson from South Carolina".

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/14/17 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll be very disappointed if SAS win the top pick again. The accumulation of talent on a small number of teams is a bad thing for the league.

I would like to see a rule that the lottery team that most recently won the No. 1 pick is ineligible to get it again. Each year, only three of four lottery teams would be eligible for No. 1.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/14/17 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is a 56 percent chance they don't win the lottery. That's kind of what screwed Tulsa/Dallas -all those lottery picks but they never won it.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/14/17 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I'll be very disappointed if SAS win the top pick again. The accumulation of talent on a small number of teams is a bad thing for the league.

I would like to see a rule that the lottery team that most recently won the No. 1 pick is ineligible to get it again. Each year, only three of four lottery teams would be eligible for No. 1.

Well it would end up looking somewhat like this

Last 4 Drafts
18' - San Antonio #1 Pick
17' - San Antonio # 1 Pick
16'- Seattle #1 Pick
15 ' - Seattle # 1 Pick

Idk if im against the new rule or for it , but it does seem to favor the less stronger teams but maybe a bit too much .

PostPosted: 06/14/17 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

I really don't think you have to worry that these San Antonio Stars will wind up with too much talent.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/14/17 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

I really don't think you have to worry that these San Antonio Stars will wind up with too much talent.

X_________________

Even with Aja do you see this team as a playoff contender without making some additional trades ? Aja / Mcbride & either or Plum/Jefferson could be a solid core team to build around but Plum or Mo Jeff would have to go elsewhere to make it work imo . Although with Dallas i see a major swing in power , Diggins-Smith / Gray / Christmas / Glory / Aja / Powers / Davis & Maybe even Liz Cambage could be an immediate contender for sure.

PostPosted: 06/14/17 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

These things need to spread around.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/14/17 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas and Connecticut need to win more games this year.

PostPosted: 06/14/17 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Dallas and Connecticut need to win more games this year.

Or Maybe San Antonio can go on a 25 game win streak ? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 06/14/17 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With Dallas being so deep at the Wing they might have to gamble and take Monique Billings, she could be the best of the bigs after Wilson, unless you prefer Russell or Turner.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/14/17 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

in case anyone wondered , heres a list of the players to choose from next year and how they were evaluated from high school entering college...of course there will be a few *early declarers and 5th yr seniors in this draft also so keep that in mind...

*Mercedes Russell
* Diamond DeShields
* Taya Reimer
* Linnae Harper
* Tyler Scaife
*Lexie Brown
* Ieshia Small
*Stephanie Mavunga
*Imani Wright
* Rebecca Greenwell

https://www.prospectsnation.com/players/all/2014

PostPosted: 06/14/17 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
With Dallas being so deep at the Wing they might have to gamble and take Monique Billings, she could be the best of the bigs after Wilson, unless you prefer Russell or Turner.

Id rather have Russell or Turner , Billings most likely has the highest cieling of any player in this draft , but we already have too many projects this year. We need a big that can move , preferably turner if she can return pre-injury form this year hopefully.

PostPosted: 06/14/17 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
in case anyone wondered , heres a list of the players to choose from next year and how they were evaluated from high school entering college...of course there will be a few *early declarers and 5th yr seniors in this draft also so keep that in mind...

*Mercedes Russell
* Diamond DeShields
* Taya Reimer
* Linnae Harper
* Tyler Scaife
*Lexie Brown
* Ieshia Small
*Stephanie Mavunga
*Imani Wright
* Rebecca Greenwell

Napheesa Collier, Teaira McCowan, and Beatrice Mompremier should all be draft eligible.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/14/17 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

*Mercedes Russell
* Diamond DeShields
* Taya Reimer
* Linnae Harper
* Tyler Scaife
*Lexie Brown
* Ieshia Small
*Stephanie Mavunga
*Imani Wright
* Rebecca Greenwell
* Napheesa Collier
* Teaira McCowan

Napheesa Collier, Teaira McCowan, and Beatrice Mompremier should all be draft eligible.

I dont think beatrice will declare next year , she will most likely have to sit out a year before she can play for Miami . McCowan & Napheesa i will add though .

PostPosted: 06/14/17 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

*Mercedes Russell
* Diamond DeShields
* Taya Reimer
* Linnae Harper
* Tyler Scaife
*Lexie Brown
* Ieshia Small
*Stephanie Mavunga
*Imani Wright
* Rebecca Greenwell

I watched alot of Maryland games this past year, that girl Ieshia Small got alot of talent, she will be a 2nd or 3rd round sleeper. but i think she won't fly under the radar next year due to all the transfers and Grads leaving so she can definitely up her stock.

on another note on the 2018, keep a eye on Raigyne Moncrief from LSU. great speed, great mid range game and plays great defense. SEC Defensive Player of the Year. im hopin my Libs can pick her up in the 2nd or 3rd round

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 06/14/17 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also just a reminder (even though I'm sure everyone knows this) you have to be out of the playoffs to be in the lottery, so it is quite possible a team that gets the 7th or 8th spot in the playoffs could have a worse two year record than a team or two that end up in the lottery. This will almost certainly happen if Dallas or Conn gets into the playoffs this year because of how poorly they did last year.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/15/17 8:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

*Mercedes Russell
* Diamond DeShields
* Taya Reimer
* Linnae Harper
* Tyler Scaife
*Lexie Brown
* Ieshia Small
*Stephanie Mavunga
*Imani Wright
* Rebecca Greenwell

I watched alot of Maryland games this past year, that girl Ieshia Small got alot of talent, she will be a 2nd or 3rd round sleeper. but i think she won't fly under the radar next year due to all the transfers and Grads leaving so she can definitely up her stock.

on another note on the 2018, keep a eye on Raigyne Moncrief from LSU. great speed, great mid range game and plays great defense. SEC Defensive Player of the Year. im hopin my Libs can pick her up in the 2nd or 3rd round

Also out of the SEC a player to watch as an intriguing draft pick maybe late 1st round possibly Khaalia Hillsman out of A&M !

PostPosted: 06/15/17 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Macy Miller from South Dakota State will be draft eligible..a big guard who can get down very low on defense. People may recall when she and the Jacks almost upset Stanford in the 2016 NCAA's..could be a draft pick, not sure where at. Needs to work on outside shot for a realistic chance at the W

jap

PostPosted: 06/15/17 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just as long as we end up with Diamond DeShields . . . Candace Parker (2008), Nneka Ogwumike (2012)---we need another impact player!

PostPosted: 06/15/17 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Just as long as we end up with Diamond DeShields . . . Candace Parker (2008), Nneka Ogwumike (2012)---we need another impact player!

That would be fitting , but unless some weird trades unfold like CT trading that #1 pick to LA again i dont see it happening. Gray / Odyssey / Diamond / Nneka / Candace would be one hell of a team .

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: