RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kara Wolters UConn and Tennessee should play
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlcarter

PostPosted: 06/13/17 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My favorite moment from the rivalry.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y2LmuQ3VDYM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 06/13/17 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jlcarter wrote:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y2LmuQ3VDYM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes I agree I could watch that play atlest 5 times a day lol
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/13/17 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Jlcarter wrote:

Yes I agree I could watch that play atlest 5 times a day lol

5 time an hour !! Cool

PostPosted: 06/13/17 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

Bad analogy. I would be angry at my neighbor, but I would also consider that sometimes "In vino NON veritas est". I was married to an alcoholic and I know that to be a fact. So you know what you can do with your analogy there.

Stop holding grudges. Get over yourselves and get on with life. I'm sure Geno has by now.

And your last statement is pure foolishness. Rolling Eyes Of course Pat made mistakes. She was human. So has your precious boy. HOWEVER.....please give me chapter and verse. I'm waiting.

I earnestly hope that when Geno is no longer coaching that UConn refrain from building him a shrine on campus. He is a great coach but not someone to worship. And neither was Summitt.

And maybe it's time for Tenn to plead "In dementia non veritas est".

Pat has used heavy-handed methods in recruiting. Legal? Maybe.But many of her tactics are now banned, mostly because she used them. I don't need to retell the over the top hard sell during the official visit of Ann Strother, do I? Pat played hard ball when it came to recruiting. I have no problem with that but I do have a problem when she and her supporters then turned around and accused others. Try reading this old article:

http://accesswdun.com/article/2002/5/194897

Those violations weren't made public voluntarily by Tenn or the NCAA. It took a FOI request from the AP to get the NCAA to publicize them. Are they horrible? No. But they resemble the sort of violations that Tenn accused Geno of doing. And they cover but a couple of years. I doubt the violations began or ended with those.

And it isn't me Summitt slandered so I bare no grudge. It's Geno that publicly stated that any resumption of the series would have to be preceded by an apology from the Tenn administration to Chis Daley, the UConn program and himself. And he deserves one. It's one thing for some asshole LV fans to call him a "Dago" or a greasy Italian on a message board. I expect that from that fanbase. But when an employee of the U of Tenn makes a public accusation of cheating by another coach they need to be called on it. That sort of thing goes way past the level of partisanship. And yet Summitt's friends at the NCAA did nothing. The "old girl network" shielded her and now she's been made such a icon that no one wants her warts to show.

And if you think the LV fanbase has forgotten take a gander at Carter dragging up a video from around 2006. I guess I should respond with videos of DT punching the orange basket support pad, or her mocking the "mooing" TBA crowd? LOL

While there is certainly a portion of the UConn fanbase that remembers those "days of yor", UConn has moved on to greater glory while LV fans are still reliving ancient history and nursing festering wounds. Rolling Eyes

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/13/17 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And of course you expect me to believe that all UConn boosters are purely angelic and would never do any such thing. Rolling Eyes Well, I don't. It goes on in every big university with big athletic programs. And I bet Geno used some pretty hard-nosed recruiting tactics himself, at least back in the day before the program sold itself. It goes with the territory. So don't try to tell me your boy is an angel and your program is perfect. He isn't, and it's not.

Get over it, stop dragging up the past, move on. And I'm not Carter and didn't post that video, although it was a fun time. It was awhile ago.

PostPosted: 06/13/17 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

And it isn't me Summitt slandered so I bare no grudge. It's Geno that publicly stated that any resumption of the series would have to be preceded by an apology from the Tenn administration to Chis Daley, the UConn program and himself. And he deserves one. It's one thing for some asshole LV fans to call him a "Dago" or a greasy Italian on a message board. I expect that from that fanbase. But when an employee of the U of Tenn makes a public accusation of cheating by another coach they need to be called on it. That sort of thing goes way past the level of partisanship.

Not to change the subject, but when does Becca B. get her apology from Geno?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
linkster

PostPosted: 06/13/17 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
And of course you expect me to believe that all UConn boosters are purely angelic and would never do any such thing. Rolling Eyes Well, I don't. It goes on in every big university with big athletic programs. And I bet Geno used some pretty hard-nosed recruiting tactics himself, at least back in the day before the program sold itself. It goes with the territory. So don't try to tell me your boy is an angel and your program is perfect. He isn't, and it's not.

Get over it, stop dragging up the past, move on. And I'm not Carter and didn't post that video, although it was a fun time. It was awhile ago.

Stop dragging up the past? That's a laugh. Look at Ex-Ref, dragging up a comment that is what? Six years old?

The subject is Summitt's slandering of UConn. You always respond the same way on this topic. You don't respond to the topic. You try to swotch it to UConn. You asked me for chapter and verse. I gave you chapter and verse. You respond with the same old LV BS that there "must have been something" at UConn. How about some hard facts from you instead of vague inuendo? If you have any documented evidence that UConn boosters or anyone else has done similar things then let's hear it. Chapter and verse please.

I'm waiting. Rolling Eyes

linkster

PostPosted: 06/13/17 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

Yeah, you are changing the subject quite a bit. The subject is Summitt slandering another coach with an accusation of cheating. You, like STB are trying to turn it around into a discussion of UConn.

I'd like to hear some comments about whether or not Summitt crossed a line. There are a lot of posters here with coaching backgrounds. How would they respond to an accusation like that if it was directed at them? Would they just "let it slide"? Does UConn deserve an apology?

ClayK

PostPosted: 06/14/17 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When I was a younger coach, I cared a lot more about such things -- but the truth is that every great coach that I know of, from John Wooden on down, bent the rules on occasion, and danced on both sides of that fine line that separates legal from illegal behavior.

So as I got older, I just let such talk slide (unless it was aimed at a player). Pat Summitt's early days, when she built a powerhouse, featured some shaky maneuvers (she was especially fond of poaching good players from other schools), and Geno Auriemma is no saint, as has been shown.

Neither needs nor deserves an apology.

PostPosted: 06/14/17 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, you are changing the subject quite a bit. The subject is Summitt slandering another coach with an accusation of cheating. You, like STB are trying to turn it around into a discussion of UConn.

I'd like to hear some comments about whether or not Summitt crossed a line. There are a lot of posters here with coaching backgrounds. How would they respond to an accusation like that if it was directed at them? Would they just "let it slide"? Does UConn deserve an apology?

"The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge."

Just deal with it already. This is ridiculous. Pat was no saint. Neither is Geno.

PostPosted: 06/14/17 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Quote:

You're demanding an "apology".

I suspect ex-refs point has something to do with people who live in glass houses.

linkster

PostPosted: 06/14/17 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The reality is that Warlick expressed some interest in renewing the series and Geno responded by asking for an apology which neither Warlick nor the Tenn administration are willing to provide.

The only people calling for a game is the media, in particular ESPN. They would love to stir up all the bitterness on both sides. The actual game would be lost in the side show atmosphere that ESPN would create.

Personally I'd rather see the Stanford series renewed. Or start one with either or both of the Oregon schools.

linkster

PostPosted: 06/14/17 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
linkster wrote:
Quote:

I suspect ex-refs point has something to do with people who live in glass houses.

That Notre Dame player in question exhibited poor sportsmanship. She got her just reward when it was her crying in her own locker room after the next game. Geno got the details wrong and IMO he should have just shut up. But to suggest that that incident rises to the level of one coach publicly accusing another of cheating is ridiculous.

And completely off-topic.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/14/17 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
linkster wrote:
Quote:

That Notre Dame player in question exhibited poor sportsmanship. She got her just reward when it was her crying in her own locker room after the next game. Geno got the details wrong and IMO he should have just shut up. But to suggest that that incident rises to the level of one coach publicly accusing another of cheating is ridiculous.

And completely off-topic.

The Notre Dame player in question did absolutely nothing and never exhibited "poor sportsmanship." The whole things was a total fabrication. Geno didn't get "details" wrong, he got it 100% wrong, and if there's any apologies to be meted out, this one should be at the top of the list.

And it's not off topic at all. Unless of course you think the topic is "every way in which UConn has been wronged while completely ignoring every bullshit stunt UConn has directed at others."

linkster

PostPosted: 06/14/17 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

The Notre Dame player in question did absolutely nothing and never exhibited "poor sportsmanship." The whole things was a total fabrication. Geno didn't get "details" wrong, he got it 100% wrong, and if there's any apologies to be meted out, this one should be at the top of the list.

And it's not off topic at all. Unless of course you think the topic is "every way in which UConn has been wronged while completely ignoring every bullshit stunt UConn has directed at others."

Art, I am not demanding an apology. And neither is Geno. He is making an apology a prerequisite to a resumption of the series. That's not a demand because it's not UConn looking to resume the series. Geno is perfectly happy with the status quo.

And try reading the topic at the top of the thread and then tell me what the hell it has to do with Notre Dame?

So take your trolling elsewhere.

blaase22

PostPosted: 06/14/17 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
I agree. I miss the dog chewing up the orange and spitting it out onto the ground. If Summitt and now Warlick weren't such whiney ass bitches (and for no reason I might add), the best rivalry in all of women's sports would still be going on.

no respect for the deceased i see Shocked . They actually had a very good reason , Maya moore and that recruiting debacle on how that unfolded.

i know right? This coming from a guy(Ay Mate) that was upset people were making fun of the Sun's coach way of speaking 😂 And Danielle Adams weight.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 06/15/17 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
I agree. I miss the dog chewing up the orange and spitting it out onto the ground. If Summitt and now Warlick weren't such whiney ass bitches (and for no reason I might add), the best rivalry in all of women's sports would still be going on.

no respect for the deceased i see Shocked . They actually had a very good reason , Maya moore and that recruiting debacle on how that unfolded.

i know right? This coming from a guy(Ay Mate) that was upset people were making fun of the Sun's coach way of speaking 😂 And Danielle Adams weight.

Calling someone a Whiney bitch is not even close to being as bad as someone making fun of the way someone talks or how much someone weighs so get off the fucking soap box.

Queenie

PostPosted: 06/15/17 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you all for demonstrating why UConn and Tennessee should never go near each other ever again.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: