SF:
Young
Currie

Center:
Alexander
Coates
Dolson
Boyette

However,before making any trades,seattle should make Swords the starting center.Give Swords the opportunity to prove her worth.

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 06/14/17 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
On a side note: where's all the Storm fans this season? Some really tiny crowds so far this season. Tonight: 4,352. Surprised

It's a school night.

Are the refs allowed to make no call, ask for a review, and then change the no-call to a foul based on the review??

merlina

PostPosted: 06/14/17 1:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can anyone explain why Stewart got a single free throw in the 3rd quarter (at 8:37)? She was fouled just before Sue shot. The shot didn't count because it was after the foul, and the bonus was not in effect. I was at the game and didn't understand it. Just watched it online and the commentators couldn't explain it.

zune69

PostPosted: 06/14/17 1:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

merlina wrote:
Can anyone explain why Stewart got a single free throw in the 3rd quarter (at 8:37)? She was fouled just before Sue shot. The shot didn't count because it was after the foul, and the bonus was not in effect. I was at the game and didn't understand it. Just watched it online and the commentators couldn't explain it.

Foul away from the play on Clarendon.Bird's shot did count,it was a continuation.Stewart was awarded one free throw......Just go the games play by play.Bird's shot was counted.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/14/17 5:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well predicted, PamelaT!
pilight, you have been downgraded to an improbable homer.

PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This Storm team has three All-Stars and can't win. They've had games were they look fantastic. And then there's the rest of their games. Getting only 10 points from their bench won't win them games, regardless what Loyd, Bird & Stewart do. Boucek doesn't know how to utilize Swords. Such a shame for Carolyn, hopefully she ends up on a team next season that can play her 20-25 mpg. They need to get Whitcomb some more shots. Right now I see the Storm ending up as a #5/#6 seed.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 06/14/17 7:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Poor Randy. Thought he might be able to go to sleep at halftime and now he has to watch overtime! Laughing

I didn't watch it. I hate OT's especially when my team has blown a lead. I figured there was no way they were going stop Seattle momentum so I went to bed disgusted. Well, I'd rather be happy than right. It did screw me on the tipping contest though.

ClayK

PostPosted: 06/14/17 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it time to start asking what's wrong with Breanna Stewart?

She is one of the premier young players in the sport, by all accounts, and she's shooting barely over 40% and has more turnovers than assists.

PostPosted: 06/14/17 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

She is one of the premier young players in the sport, by all accounts, and she's shooting barely over 40% and has more turnovers than assists.

X___________ , could she be hitting the sophomore slump ? Playing all year around again with her Rookie season then olympics then overseas for a small bit could have taken a toll, But i have been wondering where did the stewie of last season go ?

PostPosted: 06/14/17 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

X___________ , could she be hitting the sophomore slump ?

I say they sit her and not play her any more. Because you know you just give up on really good young players like that when they start out in a little slump in their second season. Then maybe mid-season they cut her and say something like "Well, we just don't have the minutes for her any more...". Seems legit. Right?

PostPosted: 06/14/17 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/14/17 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

She had a knee injury in China and came back early to recover. Combine that with getting a lot of defensive attention and always have to play against bigger and stronger players.. Also she is taking a lot of outside shots and 3pointers. I want her more in the post tbh

Also she is getting in a lot of foul trouble this season. The refs have really screwed her in multiple games. She is certainly not getting the star treatment yet..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
PamelaT

PostPosted: 06/14/17 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Well predicted, PamelaT!
pilight, you have been downgraded to an improbable homer.

Yes, I have been out-homering pilight for a little while now. Maybe at some point I'll be able to bring myself to pick against my team, but any given day and all...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: