RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transactions 4/21

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mysticsfan07

PostPosted: 04/22/05 7:47 am    ::: Transactions 4/21 Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/transactions/WNBA_2005.html

April 21
The San Antonio Silver Stars have signed Wendy Palmer.
The Connecticut Sun have signed Katie Endress.
The Indiana Fever have signed Annissa Hastings.
The San Antonio Silver Stars have signed Mfon Udoka.

How many players is that for SASS now? Are they going for a record or something?

PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 04/22/05 7:56 am    ::: Re: Transactions 4/21 Reply Reply with quote

mysticsfan07 wrote:
http://www.wnba.com/transactions/WNBA_2005.html

How many players is that for SASS now? Are they going for a record or something?

Dan always liked having a lot of bodies in camp while he was in Cleveland but this is getting ridiculous. I guess it's safe to use the old cliche' "no job is safe"?

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 04/22/05 8:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think only Sue and Lauren's jobs are safe at this point...and Sue will miss camp completely, so she won't have to deal with the shuffle of bodies in and out.

I am excited for Hastings...camp fodder, but a good kid.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/22/05 8:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A new coach should bring in a bunch of people. Hughes doesn't owe any of the SASS players anything. Make 'em fight for their jobs.

PostPosted: 04/22/05 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CT added two more per Courant, can't remember names but a guard from Oregon State, and a center I believe from Long Beach State

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/22/05 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
CT added two more per Courant, can't remember names but a guard from Oregon State, and a center I believe from Long Beach State

Shannon Howell and Petra Glaser?
dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/22/05 8:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

YES!

wadethered

PostPosted: 04/22/05 1:17 pm    ::: Re: Transactions 4/21 Reply Reply with quote

mysticsfan07 wrote:

As of now, without Williams or Hicks signing, they have 26 and no legit center.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/22/05 1:24 pm    ::: Re: Transactions 4/21 Reply Reply with quote

wadethered wrote:
mysticsfan07 wrote:

As of now, without Williams or Hicks signing, they have 26 and no legit center.

You don't think Feenstra is legit?

PostPosted: 04/22/05 1:41 pm    ::: Re: Transactions 4/21 Reply Reply with quote

mysticsfan07 wrote:

OK, sorry. Bad word choice. I think they have a legit center, but is she a starter? She'll be OK if she's their only option (other centers listed on the roster include Bernadette Ngoyisa, Ugo Oha, and Nevriye Yilmaz), but I don't think she's "starter-worthy". I guess Kraayeveld could back her up, that would be a serviceable center rotation (except Cat really is more of a high-block player) but they'd never put the hurtin' on any of the other centers around.

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 04/22/05 3:29 pm    ::: Re: Transactions 4/21 Reply Reply with quote

wadethered wrote:
mysticsfan07 wrote:

OK, sorry. Bad word choice. I think they have a legit center, but is she a starter? She'll be OK if she's their only option (other centers listed on the roster include Bernadette Ngoyisa, Ugo Oha, and Nevriye Yilmaz), but I don't think she's "starter-worthy". I guess Kraayeveld could back her up, that would be a serviceable center rotation (except Cat really is more of a high-block player) but they'd never put the hurtin' on any of the other centers around.

Bernie is legit imo, she may no be a star but she's a strong center.

wadethered

PostPosted: 04/22/05 6:21 pm    ::: Re: Transactions 4/21 Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta33 wrote:

http://www.wnba.com/playerfile/bernadette_ngoyisa/

Those stats speak otherwise. I can't see her making a team this season.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/22/05 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think you can tell anything from 12 minutes spread over 7 games.

PostPosted: 04/22/05 9:24 pm    ::: Re: Transactions 4/21 Reply Reply with quote

wadethered wrote:
Str8_Butta33 wrote:

http://www.wnba.com/playerfile/bernadette_ngoyisa/

Those stats speak otherwise. I can't see her making a team this season.

That was 3 yrs ago, she was 19 years old then. Bernie has been avg a double double almost every game in Italy this season, even in games vs WNBA players like Michelle Snow.

wadethered

PostPosted: 04/22/05 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I don't think you can tell anything from 12 minutes spread over 7 games.

Exactly! She played 12 minutes! Objviouly the Lib coaching staff didn't think much of her.

I really don't know anything about her and it would be nice if she could come in and start or get some good minutes. Based solely on her WNBA experience, I can't see her making the team.

*Upon further inspection (reading her press release) Ngoyisa has a fighting chance of making the team. I will go eat my words now.

Last edited by wadethered on 04/22/05 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
wadethered

PostPosted: 04/22/05 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess it's 27 for the Silver Stars, and the dot com again fails to be up to date

http://www.wnba.com/silverstars/news/camp_signings_050415.html

Quote:
In addition, the Silver Stars have re-signed guard Tai Dillard and center Jessie Hicks, and added seven free agents to the training camp roster.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/22/05 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lib fans (or the ones that posted on the ESPN board back then) really liked Bernie.

PostPosted: 04/22/05 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn You Blaze!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Quote:
Ngoyisa, a 6’4” center from the Democratic Republic of Congo, has spent the majority of her career playing overseas. This spring she is playing in Italy for Ribera in the Italian Serie A1 League and the FIBA Europe Cup. In the Italian League, she has appeared in 28 games, averaging 18.3 points (third in the league) and 11.5 rebounds (second in the league) in 34.4 minutes per game. She leads the league in offensive rebounding, grabbing 4.1 rebounds per game and field goal percentage, shooting 63.1 percent (206-326) from the field. In Europe Cup games, Ngoyisa ranked first in rebounding (14.3 rpg), sixth in scoring (18.5 ppg) and sixth in field goal percentage (59.5%) before her team was eliminated from competition.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: