RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 06/07/17 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lindsay Allen is somewhat fast. Just an average passer and a below average offensive player. Not very skilled overall. She's got all the right credentials for a WNBA point guard Laughing

PostPosted: 06/07/17 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am beyond thrilled we are 3-0 without Prince & Vaughn. Why?

1.) The improved play from Stokes is the main factor. Huge difference inside and takes away pressure from Charles.

2.) Lindsay Allen. What a difference maker when she's on the court. I'm glad she's proving me wrong. I'm convinced she'll stick to the end & force Hartley to the end of the bench.

3.) Zellous becoming an offensive option. Didn't see this last season. Not much at least, and forces teams for focus on her instead of doubling Charles or Rodgers.

4.) Our bench. Took some time, but our bench really came through in this last game. Already mentioned L. Allen, but Raincock is such an asset to this team. Reminds me a lot of Sue Wicks. If R. Allen is 100% now and we can get 7-10 from her nightly, that's a huge boost. Zahui B seems to slowly finding her game. Has to stop fouling so much and I think she'll get more playing time.

Our biggest test is Sunday against Seattle. Stewart vs. Charles should be fun, but hopefully Stokes has another big game vs. Langhorne. We only lost to them the last time thanks to Whitcomb and the refs. We then play Connecticut twice and Dallas. We should have a field day vs. Dallas again. Versus Connecticut, hopefully our guards have an easy time against their weak backcourt.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
LibFan25

PostPosted: 06/07/17 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
What I'm writing is based on a ridiculously small sample: three games. I may be proven spectacularly wrong. But I suspect that the Liberty blundered in releasing Lindsay Allen at the end of training camp. And I'm glad no other team signed her.

Allen looks to me like our point guard of the present (whether or not she's the starter) and the future. Today 14+ minutes for Bria Hartley; 23 minutes, including crunch time, for Allen. And she didn't look like a rookie point guard. She seemed poised and under control.

I know that Bill Laimbeer prefers a tall "lead guard" rather than a short, classic point guard. Maybe he's right when you've got a tall lead guard who's an All Star. But when I consider all the lead guards I've seen with New York under Laimbeer, beginning with Cappie Pondexter, none of it has seemed so wonderful to me. What if we have an actual point guard play point guard/lead guard?

I realize that if Allen plays well at point guard this will raise questions about what happens with Prince, Rodgers, and Zellous. Can the Liberty win close games with Allen and two of the others on the court in the 4th quarter? Perhaps we're going to find out.

I am not on the bandwagon yet for L.Allen but you can see the potential there and why the Liberty drafted her. its a small sample size but i like what i see so far, she's rookie so i have to remind myself she will make mistakes, if she can keep getting better improving each game Bill will have no choice but to keep her and for the future.

Then we can focus on getting a SF in the draft next year

Queenie

PostPosted: 06/07/17 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Lindsay Allen is somewhat fast. Just an average passer and a below average offensive player. Not very skilled overall. She's got all the right credentials for a WNBA point guard Laughing

I thought you said you weren't going to post here anymore?

(now with spelling variations)
toad455

PostPosted: 06/07/17 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

I thought you said you weren't going to post here anymore?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/07/17 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Allen's demeanor. She's a steadying influence, stays calm and does her thing. Nice for a rookie. Not sure she's a starter but she's a keeper.

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 06/07/17 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When Prince and Vaughn return, Hartley should be moved to backup SG. Though she'll be the third option at SG for when L. Allen comes in, Prince will slide​ over.

PG: Prince/LAllen
SG: Rodgers/Hartley
SF: Zellous/RAllen
PF: Charles/Raincock/Zahui B
C: Stokes/Vaughn

toad455

PostPosted: 06/07/17 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hopkins was waived after today's game. Wonder if Laimbeer is bringing in someone else(a post?) or just sticking with 10 players?

LibFan25

PostPosted: 06/07/17 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Hopkins was waived after today's game. Wonder if Laimbeer is bringing in someone else(a post?) or just sticking with 10 players?

nah i think he just feels more comfortable now that he can trust L.Allen as the backup PG. its a good sign for her that she might stay with the team once Prince comes back.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 06/07/17 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

nah i think he just feels more comfortable now that he can trust L.Allen as the backup PG. its a good sign for her that she might stay with the team once Prince comes back.

If it is a signing ole reliable (Avery Warley Talbert) is available

PostPosted: 06/07/17 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

NO! There's better posts out there for Bill to pick up. Bulgak basically beat out Warley last season. Kai James is a lot cheaper. Chantel Osahor deserves another chance.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 06/07/17 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

hahaha nah we got Miss "young" reliable Zahui B...you dont like? lol

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 06/07/17 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Not much point to cutting Hopkins unless he's hoping to bring in someone else. Why stick with 10 players when you can have 11? Even if you never use player #11, she is still insurance in case of illness, injury, whatever.

PostPosted: 06/07/17 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Not much point to cutting Hopkins unless he's hoping to bring in someone else. Why stick with 10 players when you can have 11? Even if you never use player #11, she is still insurance in case of illness, injury, whatever.

i agree with you, keep her on the team until Prince comes back. why cut her in 2 games and she didn't even get the chance to play

Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/07/17 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Saving the cap money in case it becomes useful later on in the season would make some sense if you have no intention of using her at all (or she's just been rubbish in practice). Or just not spending the money in general.

PostPosted: 06/07/17 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Happycappie25 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

NO! There's better posts out there for Bill to pick up. Bulgak basically beat out Warley last season. Kai James is a lot cheaper. Chantel Osahor deserves another chance.

Osahor is interesting in the respect of lining her up to take 3s...don't think we'd do it tho...

Kai James no thanks...too slow.

I'd give the Bullgod another chance but I dunno if bill would

I mentioned talbert because of HOW many times he's brought her in and then ended up keeping her for 2 years

PostPosted: 06/07/17 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guard.... 2/1... Familiar face

Queenie

PostPosted: 06/07/17 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LFO wrote:

ffs, Alston again?

(now with spelling variations)
Happycappie25

PostPosted: 06/07/17 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
LFO wrote:

ffs, Alston again?

Agree...Alston I get just like Avery she works hard, brings energy to camp but she's just not that good.

PostPosted: 06/07/17 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
LFO wrote:

ffs, Alston again?

Well, Tanisha Wright would fit that description too...

PostPosted: 06/07/17 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Saving the cap money in case it becomes useful later on in the season would make some sense if you have no intention of using her at all (or she's just been rubbish in practice). Or just not spending the money in general.

I don't know the numbers, but I can't imagine that two or three weeks of a WNBA minimum salary adds up to a lot of money against the cap or in terms of payroll. In any case, it seems clear from LFO's comment that I was right in one respect: Hopkins was released so that another player could be brought in.

Last edited by Bob Lamm on 06/07/17 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
pilight

PostPosted: 06/07/17 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LFO wrote:

PostPosted: 06/07/17 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
LFO wrote:

I tawt I taw a Puddy Tat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wright agreeing to return on a prorated deal is 1. Not unprecedented 2. with her close to the team very possible 3. would be a game changer 4. would explain Hopkins' quick exit if she made a snap decision which I would expect...

Guess is either alston or Wright returning

PostPosted: 06/07/17 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LOL... Actually, Tweety would be a perfect fit. But... not going to happen

lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/07/17 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it legal for Katie to an assistant and a player? Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 60 of 80

Jump to: