RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

"No one likes us, We don't care"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/06/17 3:47 pm    ::: "No one likes us, We don't care" Reply Reply with quote

This is evidently the slogan of Millwall FC fans in South London.

But this is the best story I have heard yet out of the Saturday night attack in London.

In the pub that the three terrorists entered with knives, one Millwall fan confronted and fought them. While they yelled "Islam, Islam, Islam" he yelled "Fuck you, I'm Millwall".

Just got out of ICU with multiple stab and slice wounds, but he's going to survive.

Here's the story and quotes. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/london-bridge-terror-attack-fk-fuck-you-im-millwall-hero-roy-larner-football-fan-lion-of-london-a7775246.html

I'm looking for somewhere to buy a Millwall Lions jersey or T-Shirt. My new favorite English soccer team. Got promoted back to second tier last month.

Queenie

PostPosted: 06/06/17 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That is extremely badass.

I might do a bit more research on the team and its fans before buying the gear, though.

PostPosted: 06/06/17 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

I might do a bit more research on the team and its fans before buying the gear, though.

Yeah, I understand, there's a reason they're hated even though they are perrenially bad. They are the South London working class throwback to the era of soccer hooligans. They're dinasaurs.

But it's still cool what this guy did and how he did it.

If you're in that pub, who do you want around you when these terrorists come in brandishing knives? Millwall fans or Tottenham fans? I'll take the hooligans.

justintyme

PostPosted: 06/06/17 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Yeah, I understand, there's a reason they're hated even though they are perrenially bad. They are the South London working class throwback to the era of soccer hooligans. They're dinasaurs.

If you're in that pub, who do you want around you when these terrorists come in brandishing knives? Millwall fans or Tottenham fans? I'll take the hooligans.

Yeah. It's like in those shows where the protagonists aren't really the "Good Guys" (like The Sopranos or The Shield), so you spend most of your time sort of disturbed by their actions. But then they go up against some truly fucked up individual whose evil is second to none, and you just can't help but giggle with vengeful glee that they are about to face the wrath of our wayward protagonists and that for once we can be fully behind them in their terribleness...

PostPosted: 06/06/17 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Yeah. It's like in those shows where the protagonists aren't really the "Good Guys" (like The Sopranos or The Shield), so you spend most of your time sort of disturbed by their actions. But then they go up against some truly fucked up individual whose evil is second to none, and you just can't help but giggle with vengeful glee that they are about to face the wrath of our wayward protagonists and that for once we can be fully behind them in their terribleness...

Good stuff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: