55%
 55%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 29

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/31/17 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
What exactly has Shavonte Zellous contributed this season again ?

she's basically taken the place of what Cash did last season. Strictly defense. If we get a SF in the draft next year, I'm in favor of not bringing her back.

Sucks to hear that , its like she doesnt even attempt shots anymore ??

she attempts them, she doesn't make very many.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/31/17 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
What exactly has Shavonte Zellous contributed this season again ?

she's basically taken the place of what Cash did last season. Strictly defense. If we get a SF in the draft next year, I'm in favor of not bringing her back.

Sucks to hear that , its like she doesnt even attempt shots anymore ??

she attempts them, she doesn't make very many.

Laughing Laughing Im grown so accustomed to seeing Zellous take that mid-range jumper. Since her Detroit Days , now she just gives pump fakes and tries to attack a sea of defenders making a weird decision basically passing up a nice shot within the NY Offense .

PostPosted: 05/31/17 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5kdCF2NhiP4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 05/31/17 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Back in the win column after winning the first on the road.

jap

PostPosted: 05/31/17 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:

Yep! It's not like last season where everyone came together in camp, and they started the season like a house on fire. Ace, Essence, and Jantel were late returning from abroad. They no longer have a bench full of seasoned EuroAsian veteran players. They have youngsters with great potential (Odyssey, Riquna, Sydney, etc.) who need to learn to play up to Brian's standards. Some gelling is required as they grow to learn each other's games.

Last edited by jap on 06/02/17 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 06/02/17 7:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Could someone explain how ESPN had Swin Cash as one of the commentators on the game when she has a significant job in the New York Liberty front office? (I ask this as a Liberty fan.) I don't recall ever seeing this before on any national sporting broadcast. Perhaps others have. Seems completely wrong to me.

I have to admit that I was thinking the same thing as I watched this game and the Indy game that Catch called. I know Anne Meyers did it out in Phoenix but what makes it extra weird is that they were players on those squads and juuust retired. With that said, I think Swin was pretty balanced in her commentary and who didn't love seeing her interview Wild Bill? Laughing

I love seeing the ladies still around the game and there is nothing like having passionate women who played the game and know the game on the mike. They have been great leaders and ambassadors so I'm not mad at it at all.

Last edited by WfanFrJmp on 06/02/17 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 06/02/17 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not a big Swin fan, but thought she added quite a lot to this one. That she had played for both coaches and her analysis of that was pretty interesting too.

- Amanda Gorman
Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/02/17 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't care about her being part of the front office of one of the teams, but I've never liked Cash much as a commentator/analyst, and thought she made the broadcast significantly worse than when Ruocco/Lobo are on their own. Very rare that I mute them, but it certainly happened during this game. Say no to the three-person booth.

PostPosted: 06/02/17 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

Yep! It's not like last season where everyone came together in camp, and they started the season like a house on fire. Ace, Essence, and Jantel were late returning from abroad. They no longer have a bench full of seasoned EuroAsian veteran players. They have youngsters with great potential (Odyssey, Riquna, Sydney, etc.) who need to learn to play up to Brian's standards. Some gelling is required as they grow to learn each other'd games.
You're right about the deeper bench but I will missed my Sparks European cheerleaders lol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: