Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/01/17 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
I'd put a stamp on both Phillips' and Cambage's asses and stuff them in the nearest mailbox. Both are simply trouble...both.

What was the issue with Phillips?

There is no issue. She is getting thrown on a heap with Cambage which is not fair. One of the hardest workers in the league while Cambage is the opposite

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 06/01/17 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
It's funny, Cambage wants to be a campaigner against racism and yet she's the fucking Great White Whale of Shock/Wings basketball. It's amazing how many inches of text have been wasted on a player who's played bits of two seasons in the WNBA on rosters that won a combined 14 games.

I can understand the desperation of a franchise that hasn't been good since they were in Detroit, but the pursuit of a spoiled brat with a wildly inflated opinion of herself is a little pathetic. I think I'd have told her that if she ever wanted to show up and play, that'd be great. But until then, stay home and play with your gigantic ego.

Already the leader for Post of the Month ...

Great White Whale Laughing

If Cambage is the Great White Whale, Captain Ahab is . . . . . . . RebKell.
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 06/01/17 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
All of this Cambage in Dallas talk is very misleading. If she's going to play, just come out and say it. Maybe Johnson wants out of Dallas? Johnson to Chicago for the rights to Coates? Cambage joins and Plaisance becomes the starting PF by default.

PG: Diggins/Chong
SG: Gray/Davis
SF: Christmas/Powers/Thornton
PF: Plaisance/Akhator
C: Cambage/Paris/Lewis

If Coates can play at some point, maybe Paris gets traded for a pick in 2018?

Coates is slow and will be coming off a year without playing , giving up glory for her would not be sufficient. Throw in Coates & 2018 1st Rounder then were in business !! Glory has high value , coates hasnt proved a thing at this level. Would be pretty dumb on Freds part but then again thats never stopped him so you never know. That 1st Rounder better be a constant if were talking Glory Trades though. Paris for Coates straight up though would be great for both teams !

When did this happen?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/01/17 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
All of this Cambage in Dallas talk is very misleading. If she's going to play, just come out and say it. Maybe Johnson wants out of Dallas? Johnson to Chicago for the rights to Coates? Cambage joins and Plaisance becomes the starting PF by default.

Coates is slow and will be coming off a year without playing , giving up glory for her would not be sufficient. Throw in Coates & 2018 1st Rounder then were in business !! Glory has high value , coates hasnt proved a thing at this level. Would be pretty dumb on Freds part but then again thats never stopped him so you never know. That 1st Rounder better be a constant if were talking Glory Trades though. Paris for Coates straight up though would be great for both teams !

When did this happen?

April 7, 1995 ?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/01/17 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

When did this happen?

April 7, 1995 ?

I couldnt have said it any better Laughing She wont fix any of our defensive issues imo. She can rebound without question but so can glory and who knows if she will even be the old Coates after this injury so much time missed without a real game played. I dont think dallas are in a place to be wishing upon a star! Have you NOT seen pegasus? Laughing

PostPosted: 06/01/17 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see why people are getting bent out of shape over the Cambage thing.
If Liz has some interest in playing in the WNBA again then to me that's a good thing. She's checking out her new team & city, and hopefully she likes what she sees and signs on next season.

PostPosted: 06/02/17 12:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
I don't see why people are getting bent out of shape over the Cambage thing.
If Liz has some interest in playing in the WNBA again then to me that's a good thing. She's checking out her new team & city, and hopefully she likes what she sees and signs on next season.

I agree. We will see next season if she comes over and if she does it will be a good thing for Dallas

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 06/02/17 6:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Should dallas miss the playoffs and win the lottery,they better take A.Wilson.Cambage will just have to come off the bench next season(If she shows up).

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 06/02/17 7:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Love this youngin':

https://twitter.com/WNBA/status/870341391657783297

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/02/17 8:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Should dallas miss the playoffs and win the lottery,they better take A.Wilson.Cambage will just have to come off the bench next season(If she shows up).

If cambage shows up she will not be coming off the bench , Thats for sure. If we do miss the playoffs and get AJA ! Then Glory can go , We play with AJA and Cambage together. Aja is not a 5 in the W

PostPosted: 06/02/17 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

If cambage shows up she will not be coming off the bench , Thats for sure. If we do miss the playoffs and get AJA ! Then Glory can go , We play with AJA and Cambage together. Aja is not a 5 in the W

So dallas is going to make moves based on Cambage being the starting center ?.... .Unless Cambage makes a full commitment to the dallas franchise I see no reason to construct a roster based on Liz being the starting center.Wilson does not have the lateral quikness or foot speed to consistently guard PF's at the next level.She is best suited playing the center position.A Wilson/Cambage frontline would be similar to Wilson/Coates at USC.Wilson is at her best when she has space to operate.

And what happens when Cambage doesn't show up in 2019(world cup) and 2020(Tokyo Olympics) ?

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/02/17 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you win the lottery, you take the best player. At this point it looks like hands down, it is Aja. I disagree that she is a 5 in the W. To me she is clearly a 4 - like a better version of Breland (and I like Breland). But SAS is the big favorite to win the lottery anyway so Dallas is probably looking at the #3 or #4 at best.

- Amanda Gorman
zune69

PostPosted: 06/02/17 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
If you win the lottery, you take the best player. At this point it looks like hands down, it is Aja. I disagree that she is a 5 in the W. To me she is clearly a 4 - like a better version of Breland (and I like Breland). But SAS is the big favorite to win the lottery anyway so Dallas is probably looking at the #3 or #4 at best.

Oh great....dallas gets to draft another wing

I still prefer Wilson at the 5.More space to operate,less of a liability on defense.At 6'5,Wilson would be the biggest pf in the league,minus EDD.

Last edited by zune69 on 06/02/17 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 06/02/17 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At this point you don't plan anything around Cambage ever being in town. If she shows up, great, bonus. You cut someone off the end of your bench like a Breanna Lewis and shuffle your rotation. But even if she signs a contract and says she's coming to play in 2018 and 2019, I wouldn't plan anything around that until she's actually arrived and wearing the uniform.

In fact, probably not until she's actually checked into a game. Or maybe five of them.

PostPosted: 06/02/17 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liz Cambage does serve one purpose: She keeps the Dallas Wings' message count from dropping to SAS level ...

PostPosted: 06/02/17 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

It is the name of the team. What did you expect?

PostPosted: 06/02/17 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
zune69 wrote:

It is the name of the team. What did you expect?

Heh. You could argue a lineup of Diggins-Smith/Powers/Gray/Davis/Christmas-Kelly could just about survive against some teams - and would be five natural 'wings' Smile.

PostPosted: 06/02/17 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At some point they might/maybe/possibly make a trade.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/02/17 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Liz Cambage does serve one purpose: She keeps the Dallas Wings' message count from dropping to SAS level ...

I enjoy this thread , happy to see a resurgence of this teams popularity since the dallas move. Id say people are paying more attention to Dallas vs when they were Tulsa. Glad to be apart of this movement . This is just my opinion from the old threads we use to have about Tulsa. Back to the topic Aja playing the 5 is not a good move. Shes best playing in that high post position where she has room to maneuver that 3 ft area for her soft jump shot shes mastered. Putting her at the 5 would force her downlow and take away from the best parts of her game on offense. Let alone on defense playing against the likes of S. Fowles , BG and Tina Charles, Imani Boyette . Doesnt seem like such a good idea , she cant guard any of those players.

PostPosted: 06/02/17 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Back to the topic Aja playing the 5 is not a good move. Shes best playing in that high post position where she has room to maneuver that 3 ft area for her soft jump shot shes mastered. Putting her at the 5 would force her downlow and take away from the best parts of her game on offense. Let alone on defense playing against the likes of S. Fowles , BG and Tina Charles, Imani Boyette . Doesnt seem like such a good idea , she cant guard any of those players.

Being the starting center doesn't limit a player to just the low post area(Jackson,Parker,Ogwumike).Wilson can still thrive in the high post/mid range game.Infact Wilson would be more effective on offense without a big post player clogging up the lane.Defending the PF positon will be a difficult task for Wilson.Stewart,Parker,Charles,etc can all shoot the ball with range.This will force Wilson away from the basket,neutralizing her shot blocking ability.Wilson can put her great wingspan to use by guarding opposing centers,and protecting the paint area.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/02/17 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Back to the topic Aja playing the 5 is not a good move. Shes best playing in that high post position where she has room to maneuver that 3 ft area for her soft jump shot shes mastered. Putting her at the 5 would force her downlow and take away from the best parts of her game on offense. Let alone on defense playing against the likes of S. Fowles , BG and Tina Charles, Imani Boyette . Doesnt seem like such a good idea , she cant guard any of those players.

Being the starting center doesn't limit a player to just the low post area(Jackson,Parker,Ogwumike).Wilson can still thrive in the high post/mid range game.Infact Wilson would be more effective on offense without a big post player clogging up the lane.Defending the PF positon will be a difficult task for Wilson.Stewart,Parker,Charles,etc can all shoot the ball with range.This will force Wilson away from the basket,neutralizing her shot blocking ability.Wilson can put her great wingspan to use by guarding opposing centers,and protecting the paint area.

Her great wingspan will protect the paint from BG and Sylvia Fowles ? or have a better shot stopping Parker or Stewart/ EDD ? Id take my chances on the latter Laughing

PostPosted: 06/02/17 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings try to woo Cambage to return to W

https://apnews.com/339ad8ef1f054f82b8a4344065fc3a36/Wings-try-to-woo-Cambage-to-return-to-WNBA

Quote:
She visited Dallas earlier this week while on vacation and now is in New York, coincidently, as the Wings play the Liberty on Friday night

PostPosted: 06/02/17 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

https://apnews.com/339ad8ef1f054f82b8a4344065fc3a36/Wings-try-to-woo-Cambage-to-return-to-WNBA

Quote:
She visited Dallas earlier this week while on vacation and now is in New York, coincidently, as the Wings play the Liberty on Friday night

ok, now we can start rumoring the trade...

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/02/17 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

ok, now we can start rumoring the trade...

Or the She signed over the weekend rumor to join the 2nd half of the season until 2019? Cool

PostPosted: 06/02/17 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Forget a trade. We need liz tonight exposed why. I believe even with paris in the line up this still would have happened. Tina made our post look like ginger bread babies Embarassed .

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 28 of 36

Jump to: